• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
I think that something is/has gone on between Professor Oak and Professor Ivy (:

Oh lawls now that you mention it; they do seem to know each other pretty well in the first episode although Professor Oak is a lot older then Professor Ivy though. I now support these two couples.

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
I think that something is/has gone on between Professor Oak and Professor Ivy (:

hmm... I never thought about those two...

But honestly, I'm thinking Oak x Juniper XD

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
-Just noticed that I put 'know' instead of 'now'-

Who knows what they could be doing back at the lab. I actually wonder what they are doing back there while Satoshi is running around the Unova region.

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Still weirds me out even though Misty is rather much taller than May and Dawn, despite, apparently, being the same age.

Who cares about height when it's all about the boobs. And Misty, like Dawn and Iris, lack them. May is the only one (and we're due for another main character like her) to have…"signifiant" development.

I would've liked Brock with that tag team girl, but I'm now thinking that Brock is just going to be another 40 Year Old Virgin.

That must be your favorite movie of all time since you use that as reference.

Age discussions should be negligible because it's just a nuisance when it comes to shipping. We don't bring it up with Ash, so why should we with the other characters?

Mew~ said:
He was more into mature women anyway, he never had his little love moments with Misty, practically ignored her.

If anything he liked Dawn in that cheerleading outfit.

Well I liked the small comments they made while Ash was goofing off in Kanto. That time they were both funny. Now they've mellowed out. Voice actors are partly to blame.

Oh really? While he was wallowing with Flint and crying on his shoulder?

AdvancedK47 said:
But honestly, I'm thinking Oak x Juniper XD

Oh yes, I definitely saw that in the first episode of B/W. I also suspected that Oak was hitting it off well with Delia too. (I mean come on, for over 11 years something's gotta happen, right?) Oh Oak you slimy sleaze…XD You'll always be my favorite epic introducer to the Pokemon franchise.

I wish we saw more of Juniper. However I do not like Makomo's English name. It kills off that ship by a notch.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Oh no, with this Oak x another prof shipping. I remember a creepy shipping moment between Oak and Ash's mum in Pokemon Chronicles. I can't remember which episode it was, and I'm not willing to look it up since Pokemon Chronicles is friggin boring. *looks it up* Ash's mum thinks Oak is writing a love poem for her o_O

Who cares about height when it's all about the boobs. And Misty, like Dawn and Iris, lack them. May is the only one (and we're due for another main character like her) to have…"signifiant" development.

...What does that have anything to do with what I was saying? Anyway, the Pokemon anime won't be having anything like that again. Since the animation changed in Hoenn and Battle Frontier, all girls and women have normal sized chests, and if women's chests are larger, they're a lot more covered up and unnoticeable. May's chest decreased in size by the end of Hoenn and then again in Battle Frontier. There's no more cleavage, and when Ash and Brock went swimming and stuff, there's no detail on even their chests. It wouldn't matter even if Sugimori designed the girls with a larger chest now. Iris is an example, her outfit doesn't go as far down her chest in the anime as it does for the game art (which is a good thing, wtf Sugimori?). I feel stupid for even discussing this, but yeah.

That must be your favorite movie of all time since you use that as reference.

...o_O Why must it be? I thought it was funny, but not the best movie ever o.O

Age discussions should be negligible because it's just a nuisance when it comes to shipping. We don't bring it up with Ash, so why should we with the other characters?

Because Cyrus x Dawn obviously isn't disturbing

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
You say you won't look it up because it was boring, but you do look it up anyway, which means you did like Pokemon Chronicles a lot. You don't have to hide it, a lot did like that better than the mainstream.

Yeah why did you explain it...

...o_O Why must it be? I thought it was funny, but not the best movie ever o.O

Because Cyrus x Dawn obviously isn't disturbing

You use that movie a lot for shipping discussions. Like it has the answer for everything.

Dawn doesn't age either.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
You say you won't look it up because it was boring, but you do look it up anyway, which means you did like Pokemon Chronicles a lot. You don't have to hide it, a lot did like that better than the mainstream.

lol what o_O What're you trying to do...I meant I didn't want to look it up as in, actually watch the episode. I looked it up by looking at Bulbapedia's Eldershipping page. No, the only chronicles episodes I remotely liked were the ones that revolved around Jessie, James, and Meowth. The random one about the new trainer was good as well. All the others were boring, I thought.

Yeah why did you explain it...

You use that movie a lot for shipping discussions. Like it has the answer for everything.

Dawn doesn't age either.

Because you went off randomly, so I did too.

...That's the first time I've ever referenced it. Perhaps all the shipping discussions you take part in need to reference that movie, but I don't.

Which makes the pairing eternally paedo, great.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
I swear, Jorah and Ruby, you guys get into a pointless debate one more time and I'll bite both ya heads off before Kirbychu nor Hiiro can do anything >__>

Now, how about we take a seat, have a nice cup of tea, and talk about acceptable paedo ships like Oak x Delia instead of Cyrus x Dawn?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I swear, Jorah and Ruby, you guys get into a pointless debate one more time and I'll bite both ya heads off before Kirbychu nor Hiiro can do anything >__>

Now, how about we take a seat, have a nice cup of tea, and talk about acceptable paedo ships like Oak x Delia instead of Cyrus x Dawn?
Heh, let them go at it. Your just so boring...

Dawn X Cyrus is epicly funny, I remember rissy made a video for them:

Ew, Oak x Delia, hes like, known her since she was a girl before she had Ash. - just way too pedoish, even more then Dawn X Cyrus.

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
Years
Pokemopolis has convinced me that Oak x Delia is canon. I'm also all for the theory that Oak could be Ash's biological father, if it wasn't for the fact that I don't want to make Palletshipping incest, and I want to think that Ash's dad is red ;)

Oh, and I think that thinking Bouldershipping is pedo is a bit silly XD I agree with RubyJB88, it just gets in the way of shipping to think about ages all the time. I mean, they aren't real people or anything. I mainly ship for cuteness, anyways. Ash x Brock is one of them...I mean, they have traveled together the longest...

Anyone upset that Dento didn't go swimming with Ash when he was training in the newest episode? :(

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years

Heh, let them go at it. Your just so boring...

Dawn X Cyrus is epicly funny,

Dawn x Cyrus is just eww. If I ever liked a shipping with Cyrus it would have to be Cyrus x Cynthia. Have you seen the shipping of Dawn x Saturn or Dawn x Riley?

I remember rissy made a video for them:

Ah yes I remember that video that Rissychan has made. When I saw that I didn't know there was a shipping on that.

Pokemopolis has convinced me that Oak x Delia is canon. I'm also all for the theory that Oak could be Ash's biological father, if it wasn't for the fact that I don't want to make Palletshipping incest, and I want to think that Ash's dad is red ;)

Oh yeah I remember a thread talking about Ash's father. I always thought of Professor Oak or maybe the narrator being his father. I would never suspect Red to be Ash father. Wouldn't they be the same age?(Age talk again I know). Hopefully we'll see his father in the new season.

Anyone upset that Dento didn't go swimming with Ash when he was training in the newest episode? :(

Yeah I wanted Dento to be in the swimming pool. Not just to be with Ash but It would have been nice.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
You people are just weird...

Oh yeah I remember a thread talking about Ash's father. I always thought of Professor Oak or maybe the narrator being his father. I would never suspect Red to be Ash father. Wouldn't they be the same age?(Age talk again I know). Hopefully we'll see his father in the new season.
Ash is Red, well counterpart/whatever. Well considering we never really saw Red's father in the games, we will never really see Satoshi's, I don't think he even has one. The only mention was when Delia mentioned him on video phone in viridian, which I think was just an early anime mistake. Also, have you seen those pictures in the 3rd movie Delia had on the fridge? No dad, unless he was still out on his journey at that age.

I don't think the writers even intend him to have a father so that is that.

To keep this father discussion on-topic, Delia x Giovanni? Delia x Spencer? Delia x Mr. mime...? Oooo, I like that last one - she has to reward him some way for doing all that house work.

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
Years

I have never even thought about the announcer being Ash's Dad! That's genius! And I don't think that the games and the anime follow the same linear timeline, as explained below.

Yeah I wanted Dento to be in the swimming pool. Not just to be with Ash but It would have been nice.
Haha, any time is right for shirtless Dento ;D

You people are just weird...

Nah! I'm just being realistic ;)

Ash is Red, well counterpart/whatever. Well considering we never really saw Red's father in the games, we will never really see Satoshi's, I don't think he even has one. The only mention was when Delia mentioned him on video phone in viridian, which I think was just an early anime mistake. Also, have you seen those pictures in the 3rd movie Delia had on the fridge? No dad, unless he was still out on his journey at that age.

I don't think the writers even intend him to have a father so that is that.
Well, that's not really the point. I mean, who's to say that the time line in the anime follows the same one in the games? This could be YEARS after Red won the league and went up to the mountain to train. After all, Delia did hint at Ash's father being a great pokemon trainer :) I think Ash's dad was pretty negligent and just left them after Ash was born. Pokemon masters have no need for responsibility, or alimony hahaha!

To keep this father discussion on-topic, Delia x Giovanni? Delia x Spencer? Delia x Mr. mime...? Oooo, I like that last one - she has to reward him some way for doing all that house work.
Delia x Gio was one of my first guesses...we have the musical to thank for its alleged "canon-ness" and popularity. But I'm more for the theory that Gio is Jessie's Dad somehow...even though that would imply that Miyamoto is a lot older than him @_@

If Mr. Mime is somehow Ash's Dad, it would explain so many things...Ash's use of Aura for one.

Speaking of which, have you ever heard of the theory that Sir. Aaron time traveled to the future and did it with Delia to make Ash? Freaky stuff out there :P Aaron's OTL is Lucario, though

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Pokemopolis has convinced me of lots of things, Oak x Delia included. Palletshipping... I don't care if it's incest, it's still cute.
HELL YES I AM DEEPLY UPSET. :( :(
At least he was all caring and concerned the whole time. :3
Delia x Giovanni; Ash is his kid. But then she got with Oak.
And Ash gave her Mr. Mime, that isn't his dad...
Speaking of which, have you ever heard of the theory that Sir. Aaron time traveled to the future and did it with Delia to make Ash? Freaky stuff out there :P Aaron's OTL is Lucario, though
I have heard that one. It's so convoluted that it almost makes sense.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years

I have never even thought about the announcer being Ash's Dad! That's genius! And I don't think that the games and the anime follow the same linear timeline, as explained below.

Yup. I heard of this theory but it could actually be true. Also from what I heard of no the game doesn't really go with the anime time line but I guess I can see where you where going with that for Red.

Haha, any time is right for shirtless Dento ;D

Lol true that although the episode where he met Bel was a bit out there. XD

Oh I never heard of this theory or maybe Ash is a rebirth of Sir Aaron.(My RL friend is going to kill me for saying that)

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Perhaps all the shipping discussions you take part in need to reference that movie, but I don't.

Or perhaps I don't use that movie at all for reference.

Well Riley is related to Sir Aaron, so maybe Riley did it with Delia and thus comes along Ash? Delia is so hot...

I like the CyrusxCynthia pair.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Wow, Delia x Narrator would be a twist XD

Or perhaps I don't use that movie at all for reference.

I like the CyrusxCynthia pair.

What is your point? Why did you bother picking at that?

I liked that in the anime, Cynthia always seems so concerned "for him" XD

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
Years
Meh, Azumi is dead to me. Jun only hangs out around Facebook, which I incidentally don't go to much anymore.

Ew, every time I read 'admin' I read 'genius' which reads 'engineer' which reads 'lazy' XD Not necessairily in the worst possible way... but yeah. And isn't the point right for this thread to TAKE steroids?

Oh gee, You're not too far from being an old prune here and you're still surprised with how shipping here works >__>

Serious Business.

Poor Azumi, though if I remember right she's got a line of suitors so she's probably pretty well off anyway. And Facebook? Whoa man, that's like... real world. That's like, people have faces, not avatars. XD

I understand very little about that second statement. Like how 'admin' looks anything like 'genius,' or how a high-paying, respected profession revolts you... hmm...

No, I'm just surprised how your shipping works. People here typically seem adamant on fighting to the death for one ship until they get bored and then move on to the next. There's very little middle-of-the-road talk. Don't get me wrong, it's refreshing, just kinda threw me for a sec.

*understands* Hahahahahahahaha-

You and I are the only ones with any taste here, Sheddy, the only ones. One of my favourites was "Seeing a womans reproductive organ up close made Ash even MORE curious as to what he could do with it."

I know, right? Poorly-written borderline-erotica fanfiction must be an acquired taste. And what a gem you've pointed out! I really appreciate how the author incorporated Ash's natural curiosity into the story. In fact, I'd say he was pretty true to the character overall. sarcasm

For the record, I'm against GymShipping. Now, Gym-space-Shipping might be cute, like other gym leaders getting together, but not Misty and Brock. Not even Misty and Tracey. Those are just... weird.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back