• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
i'm gonna try to span my class out, I don't want it to go by to quickly and I also don't want it to go by to slowly.

Also on Saturday I will be gone almost all day, I have two shows.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time for Haru's adventures. Most days IC last about a month or two in rl time plenty of time to accomplish a lot. I'm gonna say I hope to have my class done by the 27th though

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Arctos: All of them?! D= Are they not posting or are they just not getting to class?

If it's the former, I apologize. If that's the case, you don't have to do anything regarding the class. (You can choose to if you wish.) If that doesn't appeal, we can explore alternative options, but for now you're simply allowed to have your characters go do other things.

@Haru: Heeey, don't rush her. ;o If you feel strongly enough about it, you can have your character make up an excuse to leave early. Keeping in mind there are (presumably) other player characters in the class.

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
@Yellow as far as I can tell JasonWolf has left for an undisclosed amount of time (going by earlier pages of this thread), Gonbe has not been active on the forums since the 17th (and has not posted in PTA since the 10th) and I am waiting on a reply to a vm to Troyamonga (although he has not posted since the 13th he has been active recently).

Dawn

Years
@Arctos: That reminds me to do an activity check. Might as well get that done now I suppose. Hoo boy. It doesn't answer my question though.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
As promised (Hallelujah) here is my teacher SU. Let me know if it needs any changes.

Name: Charles Fitzpatrick

Nickname: Charlie, Mr. Fitzpatrick, Fitz

Sex: Male

Job: Counselor

Appearance: Charlie likes to dress, as they say, sharp, and sports suits most of the time. He strongly resembles real-life actor Charlie Sheen, even in the hairdo.

Charlie-Sheen-imagen-archivo_CUAIMA20120110_0002_3.jpg

Personality: Charlie Fitzpatrick is a man who doesn't have a single worry in the world. Well, seemingly. He is actually obsessed with doing things right, and is a bit of a metrosexual. Not only that, but he can also be a hypochondriac when he gets sick, and he'll get any medical tests within his grasp if he considers them necessary. But in spite of all of this, Charlie is actually nice to other people (especially those of the opposite gender who he finds attractive), and it takes a lot to get on his bad side. He can play the piano quite well, and usually does that at his house, where he also likes to drink scotch and smoke fine cigars.

History: Charles Fitzpatrick originally hails from Goldenrod City, Johto, but has travelled around the world with Pokémon ever since the age of eleven, shortly after his father's life was taken by a disease he had been fighting for years, and not much is known about his life before that. His starter Pokémon was Jaws, a Totodile, which he got from Professor Elm, and during his early years of being a trainer, he won many battles and even managed to earn a couple badges. It seemed that his future was a bright one, and that he would become the Champion, but life had another fate for him.

During his travels, he met Arturo Grimes, a trainer that came from Hoenn. The two of them initially were rivals, but ended up becoming close friends. However, Arturo, or Artie as he liked to be called, was not a good influence for Charlie, and as soon as they reached their teenage years, Artie started to get more interested in the 'party life' and dragged Charlie along with him, setting him off the course of becoming a stronger Pokémon trainer. Both of them spent their nights out at clubs, drinking, hooking up with girls, and their days in bed, hung over. Jaws, by this time a Croconaw, grew worried about him, and developed a dislike towards Artie, who he considered the reason Charlie stopped battling.

This carefree, hedonistic, and somewhat reckless lifestyle continued for many, many years, through Artie and Charlie's early twenties. By this moment Artie and Charlie was what you would call 'Partners in Crime', they would live off gambling, and money seemed to keep falling on their laps. However, one day Artie passed away suddenly at age 27 while having cigars with Charlie, leaving the latter devastated and terrified, haunted by the thought that he would die young as well. He immediately went to a hospital and got himself checked for every possible thing that he could have. Luckily, all results came out okay, but he decided to stop the style of life he had been carrying out. Charlie also inherited Artie's main Pokémon which was a Grovyle named Connor, and got professional help to get rid of his lifestyle and sorrows.

After many years of therapy, a renewed Charlie used his money to buy a big house by the beach in Undella Town, Unova. There, he tried to go back into the battling game, but after some training sessions he realized everything was different than what he remembered, and battling didn't suit him anymore in his early thirties, so he decided to do something else with his life. Seeing how happy he was after therapy, and how it had changed him for the better, he felt that he wanted to help people the same way he was helped, and decided he'd become a therapist. Years later, after finishing his studies, he was hired as a Counselor at Gary Oak's Pokémon Trainer Academy, in a faraway island. He sold his Undella Town beach house and bought another house by the beach in Oak Town.

Pokémon:

Species: Feraligatr
Nickname: Jaws
Personality: Having been Charlie's companion for over 25 years, Jaws is Charlie's most trusted partner and is very protective of him, and wants to make sure he never goes back to the life he lived with Artie.
Lvl: 45
Moveset: Hydro Cannon, Ice Fang, Slash, Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Aqua Tail

Species: Grovyle
Nickname: Connor
Personality: Although Connor was Artie's Pokémon, he is quite fond of Charlie. He acts a lot like Artie: cocky, reckless and hedonistic.
Lvl: 32
Moveset: Frenzy Plant, Energy Ball, Leaf Blade, Swords Dance, Aerial Ace, Drain Punch

Species: Flygon
Nickname: Moondra
Personality: Moondra is a pretty childish Pokémon in spite of her size, and is hungry most of the time. She loves to eat (duh).
Lvl: 45
Moveset: Fly, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Sandstorm, Double Team, Screech

Species: Mr. Mime
Nickname: Berta
Personality: Although Berta usually does the chores around Charlie's house, she is a pretty skilled battler. She is also pretty sarcastic towards other Pokémon (and humans too). She is capable of speaking and understanding human language.
Lvl: 40
Moveset: Psychic, Barrier, Mimic, Attract, Shadow Ball, Substitute

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
@Yellow Your question? The only question I can see is whether they are just not getting to class or not posting whatsoever and the answer is not posting.

I'm happy to have Andrew wait and see if anyone begins posting again for now. I was just trying to raise awareness among GMS that this was the case.

Years

Name:Xander Krigger

Nickname:Zan

Age (10-15):15

Sex:male

Dorm:Entei dorm

Appearance:About 5 ft 7 inches, pale white skin, platinum blonde hair hanging into his eyes, wears slip-on shoes, and grey clothing. He has light blue eyes

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?):He is usually calm and silent around poeple he doesnt know, trying to put up a cool front, but if he doesnt like you, he will let you know. Around friends he is very social and could be considered immature, and/or a pyromaniac. he may not be very strong or any thing like that, but can be extremely defiant if he wants to be.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 10 lines minimum Xander grew up in Saffron city in a small house near the pokemart, where his dad worked. Some days he would go in and help his father. one day though, one customer left an egg on the counter, and left, but never returned. Xander, then aged ten, was given the task of raising this egg, which eventually hatched into an evee. His evee was his friend and family and helped defeat his friends in small battles. Xander always idolized Sabrina and wanted to be a great trainer like her, so he caught pokemon, and traded, for psychic types with his friends. He decided he wanted to join the acadamy because of this. His dad saw something about the acadamy on tv and knew Xander would like it. After researching the acadamy, Xander decided he wanted to join.

Pokémon:
Species:Evee (female)
Nickname:Tsimi
Personality:Tsimi is very fond of Xander, as they have been friends for 5 years. She is also very trusting of other people, and loves attention. If Xander or andy of his friends are threatened though, she is very protective.
Lvl:23
Moves:
Helping Hand
Quick attack
Return
Mimic
Bite
Attract

Species:Metang
Nickname(Optional):Tank
Personality:Tank is rather quiet, and only listens to Xander. He generally ignores what is going on around him, lost in his own little world. if anyone startles him while he is like this, they better watch out, because he doesnt like to be disturbed
Lvl:21
Moves:
Headbutt
Confusion
Metal claw
toxic
shock wave (via tm)
Thunder wave

Species:Ralts
Nickname(Optional):Riley (male)
Personality:Enjoys fighting, but is easily upset. It has a huge ego and takes pride in what he does. Sometimes likes to enjoy a prank or two, and can eat food as fast as you can shove it at him.
Lvl:20
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed):

Confusion
Calm mind
Shadow ball
Magical leaf
secret power
lucky chant

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@Arctos: This.

If it's the former, I apologize. If that's the case, you don't have to do anything regarding the class. (You can choose to if you wish.) If that doesn't appeal, we can explore alternative options, but for now you're simply allowed to have your characters go do other things.

@Mick Fizz: Well there you go. No contest. You're approved. I hope you enjoy your character. :P Chances are he'll be meeting Olivia soon enough if he likes the beach. God, the implications...

@Hovde: Hmm... the history is a bit short, and it doesn't tell us much. Could you try to expand on that a little? dude had a good decade to have some noteworthy memories that might effect him as a character.

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
@Yellow Oh I'm sorry when I first read it it didn't seem to be phrased as a question. My fault for not reading properly xD For now I'll do nothing unless there are any new characters without a class that yu or Megaman Wish to put into Biology. If others start to finish classes and Andrew has no students then I'll type up a brief outline of any events in the lesson with npc students and move him on from there. Hope that's all okay!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Oh my god, Mick Fizz. I love how you did with your character! xD Maybe in the latter part of the IC day I'll have one of my characters come to you for any counseling.

Years
History: 10 lines minimum Xander grew up in Saffron city in a small house near the pokemart, where his dad worked.when he was 7, his mom left on a trip to johto, but never came back.Xanders dad was forced to work twice as hard to supply him and Xander with food, sometime working for several weeks with no days off.This left Xander alone most days, forced to fend for himself against bullies and such, but he eventually got used to it.Every now and then they would hear about a trainer in johto that looks just like his mom, but they never heard from her.Xander had few friends and was often the target of bullying, causing him to be quiet and cautious around people he doesnt know.Due to his dad always working and Xander having few friends,his pokemon became his friends and family, and he sees all pokemon as essentially good creatures, no matter how mean or evil their trainers.Life at home was often boring forhim, so some days he would go in and help his father at work. One day though, a customer left an egg on the counter, and left, but never returned. oddly enough, it had a note on it adressed to Xander saying, o my beloved son.Xander regained hope that his mom was still out there and hadnt forgotten him.Xander, then aged ten, was given the task of raising this egg, which eventually hatched into an evee. His evee was his friend and family and helped defeat his friends, and enemies, in small battles. Xander always idolized Sabrina and wanted to be a great trainer like her, so he caught [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]pokemon[/FONT][/FONT], and traded, for psychic types with his friends. He decided he wanted to join the acadamy because of this, adn in hopes he will gain new friends. His dad saw something about the acadamy on tv and knew Xander would like it. After researching the acadamy, Xander decided he wanted to join, with the goal of becoming a great trainer like Sabrina and someday finding his mom again.

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Thanks! And I have another question fot the post when Charlie arrives. Since he is a pretty well-off man, should I hake him arrive on his private boat? Or should he arrive in the same boat in which students arrive on the island?

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Thanks! And I have another question fot the post when Charlie arrives. Since he is a pretty well-off man, should I hake him arrive on his private boat? Or should he arrive in the same boat in which students arrive on the island?

Why do I see him in sunglasses while singing 'I'm on a Boat' by Lonely Island as he arrives by sea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back