• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't think too hard, Patrick.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
There are a good portion of things that I take at face value, but if I'm in the middle of watching a really good show I find myself overthinking it every second I'm not watching it. My Twitter's full of such ramblings.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I ponder on things a lot. Sometimes to the point that I leave what I'm pondering about to the last minute and everything is a shamble. Sometimes it's good though. It allows me to map out the positive and the negatives, the advantages and disadvantages of the things I have to do, so I know while I'm doing it, what I need to focus on and how I need to approach certain things.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
If it's really important to my life, I would. Like how will this things help change my life(religious stuff) or what would my next art will be.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Like Nathan, I ponder a lot. So much to the point that I simply worry about it. When that happens, I just sit there by myself with no distractions and think clearly, hoping those thoughts get themselves together.

Years
I tend to overthink things, it tends to drive me crazy, as I dont like to make decisions quickly, thinking they will be the wrong decisions.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I try not to ponder about things more that I have to but that's a lot easier said than done. Sometimes I succeed, but many times I do not.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I overthink stuff and end up being stressed over stupid things. I:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I really do overthink things. I tend to think a lot about (worst possible) scenarios and solutions to them.. It's a pretty bad habit as it gets me stressed, worried, and drained!

Years
Far too much. Bad things tend to stew in my mind, which makes it worse. It's so bad my boss points it out. "You over-think things and then you worry too much!!" Story of my life, really. :( I really wish I could just move on, but noooo.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I ponder on things a lot in that I extract everything negative I possibly can from it and worry about every one of those aspects.

I got promoted yesterday and I spent two hours worrying about the potential negatives that could come from it :P

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
It depends on the situation. Usually, I move on in an instant, but when I'm alone and I have nothing to do, I ponder over it for quite some time. Then after that, I forget about it completely.

It's like a routine for me.

Years
I have the habit of wanting to make sure I absolutely will not regret a decision, along with making sure I plan for every possible outcome (that I can think of) of something, so yeah...I definitely tend to overthink things.

Does lead to quite a bit of anxiety at times. After all these years, I would have thought I'd have learned not to do that so much, but alas. :P

Honest

Hi!
Years
I used to be a real cautious kid, thinking and overthinking everything before I set everything to motion. For reasons beyond my comprehension, lately I've been more "act first, ask questions later"-ish. I don't know why, maybe it's because I've grown weary of hyperobserving things to the point where I'm just being loony. Granted, it's not a good way to think, not always, anyway. It cost me a friend this week, as a matter of fact. And yerp, I'm not happy.

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I am highly risk averse, and I like planning things down to the tiniest of details before I act...IF I act. Half the time I convince myself that it isn't worth acting upon...which, of course, is the point of the exercise much of the time. Regret is a complete waste of time, so I prefer to ensure I don't regret anything by making damn sure that if I'm going to do something, it is worth doing...or not worth doing, as the case may be.

In an abstract sense, I like contemplating things as well - brooding, most would call it, although I'd like to think I've moved beyond my broody teen stage and that I'm just reflective - so I spend more time thinking than doing as often as not. I'm a dreadfully dull individual.

Back