• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you try to be funny?

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
We see comedy everywhere; where people embarrass themselves or where people try to crack up jokes, even in TV. It technically makes us happy, or where do you get the pleasure from besides support?

But when you try to be funny, do you do it because you want people to laugh or get attention? Or do you just want to be like the other people. Or when you do something that you tend to do unintentionally and people laugh, do you do that on purpose or something?

And what do you view of comedy though? How does it benefit the world today, even in TV and other stuff?

Years
I try to be funny sometimes because I think it's bad to be serious all the time, sometimes you have to have some fun. Whether or not people actually think Im funny is a different story and it's up to their sense of humor.

I think Comedy is generally a good thing. It keeps people from being too serious and can be very entertaining, and adds variety to life and entertainment,but again, that's up to the person.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I attempt to be funny sometimes. Usually around my best friend's family; otherwise I'm relatively reserved and don't bother trying to amuse others. Unless they all are faking, they seem to think I'm funny.

Comedy is certainly helpful to make the world in general a less serious place. Yes, sometimes strict and serious is the way to go. But not always.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I don't try to be funny, I usually am funny. Sometimes I can crack a good joke on a certain thing that is happening now, and if I can't, I usually tell jokes anyway.

My view on comedy? There are some good comedians out there, with the likes of Lee Evans, Milton Jones, Peter Kay, Bill Bailey amongst many: But there are a few that just aren't funny at all.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I do, and I do it because my friends try to make me (and their other friends) laugh so if I see a dry humor opportunity, I'll take it.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Yes I always do, sometimes I fail, sometimes I am. I don't really talk a lot in groups, but when I see an opportunity, I will try and do/say something funny.

Years
Given I watch comedy a lot on TV, which then translated into the personality I have here, you can basically say I'm funny.

I'm funny from the pun-based usertitles to my odd forumsets and profiles. And almost any conversation I have with certain members.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Nope, I'm the straight man or the foil, and I honestly like that better. I have to bring people back down to Earth, or else no one will. Plus, sometimes it feels good to have a dry "told you so" moment when the comic amongst my friends gets into trouble (used very lightly). Ah, so delicious. Life imitates television.

I feel sort of bad for saying that, though.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't really try to be funny. My friends say I'm funny by nature.
Even tho most of the time I'm just quiet and laid back, I don't really talk alot :C

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
It's funny - when I try to, people say I don't. When I don't try, people usually say that I do. ;___;

So yeah, I usually don't but I try to be more eccentric(?)

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Sometimes, I make people laugh unintentionally, but most of the time I whip up some jokes and everyone starts cracking up.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Sometimes I try to be funny, other times it just comes naturally to me. Either way, it feels really good to make people laugh so I enjoy it when it happens.

Back