• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Well, first of all, assuming they're both level one, the second one has higher speed.
Second, the characteristics for the second one are seemingly better.

"Likes to thrash about" gives the Pokemon a potential 31 IVs in Attack and other stats, whereas "Likes to fight" only gives them potentially 28. Of course, it's possible that the second one only has 25 Attack IVs, and not 31.

To be sure, I would go to the Subway Judge in the Battle Subway, if he says something along the lines of "Can't be better" for the second one, then it has 31 IVs in Attack.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Today while in the dream world, I kept getting "data processing" or "invalid access" errors when trying to do plant berries or befriend Pokémon. It's been happening after almost every other time I play a minigame (and I don't get the Pokemon...). I've also been getting strange errors with Japanese text. This is the first time I've ever experienced these errors. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Years
Today while in the dream world, I kept getting "data processing" or "invalid access" errors when trying to do plant berries or befriend Pokémon. It's been happening after almost every other time I play a minigame (and I don't get the Pokemon...). I've also been getting strange errors with Japanese text. This is the first time I've ever experienced these errors. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

I think I had these problems, along with the common registration error, the other day. It seemed to me that logging in and out of the dream world, though it would cost your day's play I think, seemed to fix the issue.

ceremony

rah rah
Years
What does Sheer Force + Life Orb actually do? I know Sheer Force cancels Life Orb's recoil, but does it increase attack by 60%? If not, then I don't really see the point of Life Orb with Sheer Force.

Molts

Novice Breeder
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
What does Sheer Force + Life Orb actually do? I know Sheer Force cancels Life Orb's recoil, but does it increase attack by 60%? If not, then I don't really see the point of Life Orb with Sheer Force.
From my understanding its a multiplicative effect,

flare blitz + life orb= 156 power
flare blitz + sheer force = 156 power
flare blitz + life orb + sheer force = 202.8 with 0 recoil.
(assuming darmanitan)
flare blitz+ life orb + sheer force + STAB = 304.2 power

So you one shot against anything that doesn't resist it, or doesn't prevent it.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
I'm EV training my Prinplup in Special Attack with Litwicks and the Power Lens, but for some reason it only ever gets +2 or +3 in Special Attack when it levels up. Is this normal?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I'm EV training my Prinplup in Special Attack with Litwicks and the Power Lens, but for some reason it only ever gets +2 or +3 in Special Attack when it levels up. Is this normal?
Yes, that is normal. EVs aren't all applied at once as raw stats; it takes time until you reach Lv 100 to spread them out.

Sloth Tamer

Sloth attack victim? PM me.
Years
EV Training and Stat boosting medicines.

Ok, so I currently have about 132 EVs on attack for my Darumaka. Seeing as how I'm edging up on my 152 cap (+100 from proteins) I went and bought 10 proteins to use up. Welllllllll Here's where I'm lost. I tried to use the proteins and it said they wont have any effect, but my Darumaka's EV's aren't maxed yet? Maybe I'm not grasping something about EV training, but could someone please explain? The guide I used is from Serebii.net, I can't post a direct link, but It's on the right side in Mechanics>Effort Values

Years
You should use Vitamins before starting EV training. If I recall correctly, if the Pokemon has 100+ EVs in Attack, then Protein won't have any effect and so on for Defense/Calcium, etc.

Molts

Novice Breeder
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
use muscle wings from the draw bridge to top it off

The wings are actually quite useless for EV training. They only give 1 point, you have a low chance of getting the wing you need, and it takes a lot longer to get any reasonable amount of them. If you have a few on hand sure use it, but NEVER grind for them, its very inefficient.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
Is the "autolevel" feature (i.e. all Pokémon are level 50) available for local wireless battles or is that just WiFi?

I haven't actually went fully through into a multiplayer battle locally yet, but in the Union Room, when talking with someone you'll be able to edit rules for battling there. From there, you can set it to Flat -- but they'll limit things just like the GS Cup in HG/SS (Sleep Clause + Item Clause On, Legendaries banned, etc.).

I don't think you should be able to do this with the IR Battling, but I never tried that myself, so I don't really know. Perhaps that's something I should test out soon. x3

Years
Best nature for Reshiram?

I keep soft resetting in order to get Modest/Timid nature but no luck yet. Have got hasty twice though. I would use synchronize but don't have any Modest/Timid synchronizers at the moment. Anyways, in your opinion, what is the best nature for Reshiram overall?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I haven't actually went fully through into a multiplayer battle locally yet, but in the Union Room, when talking with someone you'll be able to edit rules for battling there. From there, you can set it to Flat -- but they'll limit things just like the GS Cup in HG/SS (Sleep Clause + Item Clause On, Legendaries banned, etc.).

I don't think you should be able to do this with the IR Battling, but I never tried that myself, so I don't really know. Perhaps that's something I should test out soon. x3

I did IR battling and in the most basic, don't change any rules and just battle setting, it autolevels your Pokemon down and up to 50.

I keep soft resetting in order to get Modest/Timid nature but no luck yet. Have got hasty twice though. I would use synchronize but don't have any Modest/Timid synchronizers at the moment. Anyways, in your opinion, what is the best nature for Reshiram overall?

Here are some good builds for Reshiram. Timid is also pretty good, and looks like a few builds there use Hasty as well.

I have gone through Island of Dreams in DW several times now but im not finding objects or hidden pokémon.. whats could be the problem?

After going through enough times the items and Pokemon stop appearing, to keep you from spending your entire hour on the Dream World just going through the Island over and over and over.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Will a |4 HP / 252 SpA / 252|ev Spe Hydreigon survive the Super Battle Lines? I was thinking that with eving, it'd be better to spread the evs, or should I just go with what the Battle Experts (Smogon) say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back