• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ppooookkkkkkk's Shining gallery

Which starter will you pick, if you play my game?

• Total voters

ppooookkkkkkk

Banned
Years
Hello guys, I'm going to show my pixel creations.

Not Scratch.
Spoiler:

Just a note: none of these is made of scratch. They all use bits of random pokemon.

Scratches.

Spoiler:

Trainers:

Clarie Morning/Nights heroine:
pokemon_morning_night_female_protagonist_by_ahmad2334-d4r0e41.jpg

And my first attempt to scratch a sprite:

a_trainer_sprite__by_ahmad2334-d5roufw.png

Thats all for now folks. I hope you liked it :D.

Last edited:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Hrmmm....These are alright, but I have a couple comments. First of all, why are the images in such low resolution? It appears to me that you're zooming in on them, but why would you need to do that? Also, you're shading could use some work on certain sprites. For example, why is there only one shade of green on the body of Incrivine? Next, there is the eyes, especially on the starters, where this is a major problem. The eyes on a normal Pokemon have at least some color in them in almost all cases, as well as some more detail. Your eyes are just black and white squares in some cases, which gives it a sloppy appearance. Also, the transitions from the limb into the body seem a bit unnatural in the water starter and the dewdrop Fakemon, which by the way, is WAY too closely related to Venusaur. It'd be more tolerable with a recolor, but it still sticks out like a sore thumb. If you keep working at it, however, I do believe that you could become a great spriter, it just requires some more practice. Don't give up, and you'll get it eventually. :D

ppooookkkkkkk

Banned
Years
Hrmmm....These are alright, but I have a couple comments. First of all, why are the images in such low resolution? It appears to me that you're zooming in on them, but why would you need to do that? Also, you're shading could use some work on certain sprites. For example, why is there only one shade of green on the body of Incrivine? Next, there is the eyes, especially on the starters, where this is a major problem. The eyes on a normal Pokemon have at least some color in them in almost all cases, as well as some more detail. Your eyes are just black and white squares in some cases, which gives it a sloppy appearance. Also, the transitions from the limb into the body seem a bit unnatural in the water starter and the dewdrop Fakemon, which by the way, is WAY too closely related to Venusaur. It'd be more tolerable with a recolor, but it still sticks out like a sore thumb. If you keep working at it, however, I do believe that you could become a great spriter, it just requires some more practice. Don't give up, and you'll get it eventually. :D

I was thinking the same thing for the eyes they look plain silly me :p. I'll fix everything today, I can't tolerate any bug in my creations for a minute.

Also the back oof the dewdrop Pokemon is just a placeholder. It'll be changed soon.

Also thank you for loooing at my gallery :D.

Inferna

hello stranger, i'm a disaster
Years
Your sprites are good for first attempts. Instead of making fakemon try just mixing two sprites together so you can get the basics of spriting down. it'll look so much better if the parts are blended together and not as obvious as to what Pokemon they came from.
Once you do that and get confident start scratching the mixed parts on and adding shading, you'll eventually find it much easier when you start scratching full fakemon.
Try and keep the outlines and shading, they look horribly skewed and jagged, but nice ideas though, I like Bongolian c:

ppooookkkkkkk

Banned
Years
Your sprites are good for first attempts. Instead of making fakemon try just mixing two sprites together so you can get the basics of spriting down. it'll look so much better if the parts are blended together and not as obvious as to what Pokemon they came from.
Once you do that and get confident start scratching the mixed parts on and adding shading, you'll eventually find it much easier when you start scratching full fakemon.
Try and keep the outlines and shading, they look horribly skewed and jagged, but nice ideas though, I like Bongolian c:

Thanks for the advice.

When I've learned everything on spriting. I'll scratch all my fakemon sprites.

Also thanks for liking my designs ( I have some very awesome designs in my mind like a bug/Dragon pokemon. .... Spoilers :D)

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Um, you've only shown one completely scratch sprite in your gallery... rules are rules... so you'd better post three more of your scratch work (even if they are completely bust) so as to save your thread. Remember, Showcases focus on scratch work, so you'd better try!

About the work: It's pretty good, but please un-zoom your sprites. Because Pixel Art is meant to be small. Praiyairy is a piece of work, but it's body is awkward... keep 'em coming!

ppooookkkkkkk

Banned
Years
Um, you've only shown one completely scratch sprite in your gallery... rules are rules... so you'd better post three more of your scratch work (even if they are completely bust) so as to save your thread. Remember, Showcases focus on scratch work, so you'd better try!

About the work: It's pretty good, but please un-zoom your sprites. Because Pixel Art is meant to be small. Praiyairy is a piece of work, but it's body is awkward... keep 'em coming!

Closyorm and another unamed creation of mine coming tomorrow (my internet wasn't working today. So i wasnt able to post any updates. This was posted using my mobiles EDGE service.)

Years
Try to sketch out designs for your Fakemon. Maybe just a cloud is not enough, add some facial features, appendages, etc. Ask yourself questions such as,
"Is this unique?" "Is this too much?" "Should I add more?"

Obviously I don't expect a beginner to make perfect pokemon designs and everything, but this is just for future reference. Speaking of references; remember that you can look at official Pokemon sprites to help, as a starter you can hone/improve your outlining by seeing that Pokemon sprites don't have that accidental dotted outlines. They're all smooth.

Spr_5b_351.png
pokemon_morning_night_fakemon__clostorm_by_ahmad2334-d5u996b.png

Looking and comparing the outlines only, you can see that on Castform the outline is not dotted and very smooth.

Good luck.

Last edited:

ppooookkkkkkk

Banned
Years
Try to sketch out designs for your Fakemon. Maybe just a cloud is not enough, add some facial features, appendages, etc. Ask yourself questions such as,
"Is this unique?" "Is this too much?" "Should I add more?"

Obviously I don't expect a beginner to make perfect pokemon designs and everything, but this is just for future reference. Speaking of references; remember that you can look at official Pokemon sprites to help, as a starter you can hone/improve your outlining by seeing that Pokemon sprites don't have that accidental dotted outlines. They're all smooth.

Spr_5b_351.png
pokemon_morning_night_fakemon__clostorm_by_ahmad2334-d5u996b.png

Looking and comparing the outlines only, you can see that on Castform the outline is not dotted and very smooth.

Good luck.

K I will take your advice, btw I do design my Fakemon on sketch book before spriting them.

Also, what do you think about Teacip and the random trainer sprite?

Back