• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't way overlevel my Pokemon so I never have that problem. I do have one level 100 but the rest are around the level they were at when I beat the Elite Four, haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm always underleveled when I get to the Elite Four. Took me a few tries to beat Cynthia on my Platinum the other day because of it, haha.

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
I have never "maxed" a pokemon in the sense level,at least not by conventional means ...
But some think it's fun.
It's like proof you have really bonded with that Pokemon.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah my only level 100 is the first Pokemon that I've ever really seriously liked, Volcarona. In case you couldn't tell from my Volcarona locks but he is to me what Herdier is to Nica :P

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
So that's very strong feelings
I could never max my fave,because it's a sandbag, literally ...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
I have my own strategy for beating gyms and E4.

I just train my starter and nothing else.
And before E4 my starter is about between levels 70-80.
And that strategy works for me.

And after the E4 I start to train my other Pokémon too.
I have few boxes full of over 40 level Pokémon in White.

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
So basically, you just use your normal team for E4,no extra grinding,additions,cut backs?
Seems doable

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Grinding is just the worst thing to me. I don't understand how people are even able to do it. I get bored after like ten wild battles.

I'll let the people in this thread in on something . . . the only reason all the Pokémon in my main party in Heartgold are at Red level (as opposed to Elite Four level) is because I used AR to get them to level 80. :x I just, ugh screw it. xD Leveling up with no variety is horrible.

Anyway, I figure I'll just post my original Heartgold party and my current Heartgold main party. :D Why not?

Original:

Meganium
Umbreon
Gengar
Dragonite
Pinsir
Quagsire

I dumped about half of them and got new ones before my Red rematch.

Current:

Gengar
Umbreon
Entei
Dragonite
Breloom
Vaporeon

:D Parties are fun!

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
OH,you changed the whole thing?
I'd never be able to do to this,I'm too lazy to actually switch a member after I trained one ...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I can't get by without grinding, to be honest. I like to dominate my Gym Leader battles.
Which is why I hated the experience system in B/W so much :/

And I usually do the whole "switch a member" thing about halfway through Leaf Green, when I finally start running into good flying Pokemon to replace Pidgeot.

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
Well,I'm nobody without grinding.
I need to feel safe by being at least 5 levels ahead.
And as to hating BW Exp System,I never actually got a huge difference from the previous to this one ...

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I don't even really like levels to begin with. I prefer to dominate my gym battles with strength and tactics alone. :D
I mean, I understand levels have to exist in the game and I accept it, but it always bothers me when I have to level up over and over JUST to be able to have a fighting chance against a gym leader or the Elite Four when I know I could crack their skulls with no trouble if we started out even. I also don't like how the Battle Hall has levels and that in Generation V WiFi battles they don't put everyone's Pokémon at level 50. It's just, ugh pick on someone your own size. xDD

I use Pidgey as a slave, and if I just happen to pick out a better Flying-type later, then fantastic. :3 I don't always have an official Flyer on my team, in fact if you look back at the parties I posted, Dragonite's the only one that can Fly, and Dragonite and Quagsire are the only ones that can Surf, but neither of them ever at any point has known either of these moves. :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I haven't grown much from my little kid teams except beyond "Blastoise at level 100 to kill everything". I still get the first Pokemon I like regardless of whether or not they're good haha. When I logged onto my Pearl for the first time in almost a year, I saw that I had caught a Kricketot and nicknamed it "Fu". xD

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
I haven't grown much from my little kid teams except beyond "Blastoise at level 100 to kill everything". I still get the first Pokemon I like regardless of whether or not they're good haha. When I logged onto my Pearl for the first time in almost a year, I saw that I had caught a Kricketot and nicknamed it "Fu". xD

Nice name. :)

Did you noticed what level your starter was and how about legendaries?

It's nice to check Pokémon stats when you haven't played that game for long time. :)

Gotta check Pearl's Pokémon.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Throughout my whole life I haven't trained more than 3 pokemon to level 100. I always believed it's not worth it, anyway.

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
I don't really care about the "good/bad mon division" some people have,I just use the mons I want to use.
Tbh I think I might be falling out with Pokemon ...

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Throughout my whole life I haven't trained more than 3 pokemon to level 100. I always believed it's not worth it, anyway.

I haven't even raised one, ever. At least not outside of Red Version where the Missingno cheat was my mistress. It just seemed like a lot of grinding for not a lot of pay-off.

Interestingly, I always thought levels in the 90s looked more powerful than Lv. 100. 100 seems too cliche lol

Khall

Permafrost
Years
Oh man, I remember my first level 100... Kit the Zangoose. I was super determined to get my first level 100 team, and I was just grinding through the E4 on Ruby over and over and over... then I traded them to my LeafGreen version for the boosted exp and did the same on there.

So my first level 100s were a Zangoose, Linoone, Altaria, Raichu, and Swampert. :3

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
My first batch of level 100s were whoever my first team on Blue was. I remember Blastoise, Persian, and Electrode were among them, but I don't remmeber the other three.

Ironically, on my latest Leaf Green run, I'm STILL using Blastoise, Persian, and Electrode :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back