• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I have never trained any Pokemon to Lv 100. I just don't have the time and patience to grind all the way. xD

Also, lol, I wonder whether how many are like me who gives weird random nicknames. For instance, I nicknamed my Ludicolo "Trololo". XD And in all games I play, all caught Magikarps are nicknamed with very weird names such as, "TacoBell", "FlipFlops", "Karby" etc x3

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
Years
Well, neither have I. I believe that you just have to level them up to the 80s tops,70s are okay too.
Anything bigger than that is considered ... too much unneeded effort.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
I have always trained my starters at level 100. Torterra was first.

So I have/had lvl 100 Torterra/Samurott/Blaziken/Charizard/Typhlosion and also Kyurem though it's not starter.

Years
I can't even imagine how much time it would take to get one, let alone six pokemon to level 100. That is the kind of dedication I can't bring to a video game. Not even when I was first into pokemon and played it hour after hour.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I have never tried to train my Pokemon to level 100. I'm content with just a small level of 80 or something lower. Besides, I don't have that much time to level up a Pokemon to that level!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
In Black and White it's pretty easy to get Pokémon at level 100. ;)

But in Emerald it took long time.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I can only recall two Pokémon that I've gotten to level 100 fully.
Lugia in Gold version and Blaziken in Sapphire.

Blaziken was always my token Pokémon in Sapphire. :3 <33

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The only Pokemon I ever got to level 100 was Swampert in Sapphire because I never learned to train other Pokemon.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I think in most of my games I've trained my main ingame team to level 100. Don't know why, I think it's just a force of habit... My SS team was the last ones to reach 100, as I couldn't be bothered with my (old) White to raise those guys.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
back in March of this year... I mentioned about my riding Moltres game I pretend to play while listening to my mp3 player... well, I want to update you on how that game has been playing out... as of stage 432 these are our stats (there are 2000 stages (levels) in all...) I try to implement the actual comparison of the Pokémon Moltres's HP vs a human's HP as our stats (mine & Moltres's)... although this is a different health system than the Pokémon games so the numbers are higher than in the Pokémon games...

390011_318275348198946_100000494517633_1288335_230559744_n.jpg

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I always repeat the game once I finish the story or something, except for my second FR run. That I tried to finish the Pokedex, and max out my team.

Celestial Daze

Holiday Alt. = Holidaze
Years
To be honest,I don't lie post-game very much, nor playing some games over and over again.
But some are good though ...

Mentalii

Back
Years
It's really difficult to train a Pokémon 'till level 100.
As for me, I only train two Pokémon to the max level. An Espeon, in my Silver Version, but also, in my Sapphire version a ... Clamperl. Yes, keenly !
I know that seems so stupid, but I was young and I was waiting that it evolves in Gorebyss, I really wanted this Pokémon.
I gave it a DeepSeaScale. I was surprised not to see it evolving after level 60, but I wasn't despairing at all ! Anyway it would evolve sooner or later !
Not even... I'm frustrated for life :pink_cry:

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Anyway it would evolve sooner or later !
Not even... I'm frustrated for life :pink_cry:
Couldn't you still evolve it by trading while it holds a Deepseascale? :pink_smile:

This place needs more activity so I will give us some new topics.

What's your favourite method of evolution? Why do you like this method? What Pokémon are you always eager to evolve when you catch it?

Do you prefer non-evolving Pokémon or Pokémon that evolve?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
What's your favourite method of evolution? Why do you like this method? What Pokémon are you always eager to evolve when you catch it?

Call me old school but I still love plain old levelling evolution. I hate trading cause I'm not huge of playing Pokemon with other people, and I never know when's the best time to evolve a Pokemon with a stone and then I do it too early cause I get impatient so then I don't get the best moves, etc. xD

I like two stage Pokemon, like the starters the best because to me, an evolution is in itself like a little goal. I'm a huge fan of making little goals for myself so I can be satisfied when I reach them, and evolution is one of those, haha. I wouldn't mind if they even had more evolutions, like a Pokemon that evolved every 10 levels so I was never bored with it. xD

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
I give Exp. Share to Pokémon I want to train. And I'm aiming Pokémon which can be evolve. Next I go to league and complete that league over and over again. And i stop when I am satisfied with that Pokémon. Final evolution or level 50. And then just evolve next Pokémon.

Celestial Daze

Holiday Alt. = Holidaze
Years

I like the normal leveling up method. Simply because it's simpler to achieve. You can do some hardcore grinding, or train the way you'd normally do without worrying about it fainting,or the location. Plus I usually play alone,and I don't like the "GTS" very much,it's easy for you to get ripped off there,so I don't like Trade Evolutions ...
Well, mostly starters and early game ones, but I don't evolve some further than once ... Like Lillipup or Geodude

I like the evolving ones, just for the pleasure of evolving it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back