• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Ability Wasn't an Issue, What Would Your Team Be?

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
You probably know the feeling of having a newly released Pokemon revealed to you, being intrigued by the design, only to be disappointed at the stats, moves, ability and/or typing. You realize that the Pokemon would be close to useless in battle, at least compared to those 13-year-old kids who refuse to use anything but overpowered legendaries.

So, what if the Pokemon's abilities in the video games weren't important? What if Pokemon who were rendered weak by the video game's standards were just as useful as any other Pokemon? Would you include some of these Pokemon in your team? I would!

So, what would your team be?

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
If I played Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, I'd definitely want to include Slaking on my team, since Truant can be avoided. Along with him I'd use Gardevoir to take down Fighting types, Absol for Ghosts and Flygon for Rock and Steel Types.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2013
Every water starter. That would be my entire team. I love my water types.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
My team wouldn't change at all. I love all the abilities that my guys could learn.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
My selection of team probably wouldn't change much, I'm choosing my team depending on typing, movepool and mainly stats.
Abilities play a role only if there's more than 6 Pokémon selected to be part of the team.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My team wouldn't change at all, honestly. I'm rarely deterred by an ability as long as I like the Pokemon enough. Heck, I had three Pokemon with Sand Veil in my random challenge and I didn't make use of it, but still. I didn't pick the team, but oh well, my point still stands. XD

For lolz, I'll have a team full of Slaking. Truant is an awful ability. I assume it's only around to curb Slaking's crazy attack stat, but still...I find it to be more of a hindrance.

Back