• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU team

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
Whats up I'm back with a new team decided to give weather a rest :/
so here's my team

suicide azelf
yes I decided do dig it up works stupendously against people who dont know what suicide azelf does
Azelf@ focus sash
naive 4/252/252
taunt
explosion
fire blast
stealth rocks

a lot of people never seem to predict fire blast which I find stupid when I see azelf I immediately think of this set several times people have switched in their skarmory,scizor,ferrothorn,forretress and try to set up on me fire blast bye bye scizor or i use my free turn with the sturdy guys to taunt and stealth rocks up also politoed users never seem to use protect either they always hydro pump or ice beam if they over predict thats where I stealth rock and explode in their face never an OHKO but i might swap some ivs from sp.atk into atk because fire blast kills what it needs to without investment the 252 evs are just incase of the rogue taunt

banded scizor nuff said
scizor@ choice band
adamant 4/252/252
bullet punch
superpower
u-turn
pursuit

your standard fair I need not explain it to anyone pursuit is very handy for the likes of starmie,reuniclus e.t.c.

Gliscor@toxic orb
impish 252/184/72
EQ
substitute
protect
toxic

this thing is an absolute tank anything it cant kill its usually fast enough to to sub protect stall to death the only problem Ive been having are steel types with air balloon oddly enough so I was thinking of replacing toxic with I dunno ice fang? duh its not very effective against steel types but its only purpose is to pop the balloon so I can kill it with earthquake an amazing thing id lke to share is scizor with 3 sword dances and a life orb cant kill him provided you have a sub up before he starts punching so dont worry about becoming set up fodder even sets that carry roost couldnt take it down and it was only a matter of him making a mistake before i 3hko with EQ it can hold its own on any team even stalling out the pp of conkeldurrs ice punch is hilarious

scarf Terrakion
Teriyaki@choice scarf
4/252/252
close combat
stone edge
x-scizzor
EQ(redundant I know but the only other decent move is sacred sword dont even try to reccomend quick attack I never have a spinner so if I have to switch I make sure I take a nice chunk first)

excellent revenge kills anything really x scizzor never grants me an ohko when i need it however but it gets the jump on +1 gyarados and salamence(not sure about jolly) trying to come up with something for the sand match up when I switch into a tyranitar they inevitably switch into a ghost type and stone edge usually misses or fails to ohko and gengar still gets the ohko with focus blast even in sandstorm somehow?

so those 4 are the core of my team I have my taunting suicide lead,revenge killing pursuit trapper,physical wall/staller and another revenge killer the following 2 pokes I've been swapping and swapping trying to find the best I can to suit my team

special wall and volt/turn
yep its rotom-w@leftovers
calm 248/28/232
even with the bulky spread it seems to die relatively quickly to nuetral special hits
volt switch
will o wisp
hydro pump
hidden power ice( i dont know what to use instead but im terrible with pain split so i tend to stay away from it)

before rotom-w I had tried milotic and jellicent Milotic was terrible and jellicent was ok but there are a lot of things it cant do anything to and I had to switch it out often and without a spinner it would die easily it was great for absorbing draco meteor however I was considering trying out heatran or tentacruel what do you think? please dont reccomend blissey its just too obvious for my opponent

and finally hax-r-us
DDance haxorus@lum berry
adamant 36/252/220
outrage
EQ
ddance
brick break(ferrothorn,tyranitar and air balloon steels also if I predict mamoswine though I never get the kill unless Im +1

the goal of haxorus was to wait until my team wore down my opponent pop him in ddance and sweep I rarely get to a point where I bring him in I often defeat my opponent before that point and I've been thinking multi-scale dragonite would be a much better ddance sweeper but its next too impossible to obtain a multi-scale dragonite on my ds >:( if I do get my hands on one it will get replaced :L moldbreaker comes in very handy sometimes too I chose lum berry over life orb because sometimes it would just die from recoil and because of the rise in popularity of techniloom I switch it in to absorb spore then kill breloom with outrage even unboosted It manages to 3hko a switched in heatran so its not bad and the little investment in hp seems to give it what it needs to get dragon dance off most of the time

anyways thats my team please rate and comment all help would be appreciated mainly I want to find someone with nice special bulk that is of utmost importance and possibly a better suicide lead that knows taunt and can deal with steal types(not aerodactyl) and preferably a non-even pokemon but I do have deoxys and jirachi :P

ParukiaBattler Chill

The Bo$$ Chill
Years
you said you've tried jellicent and milotic. Try calm mind suicune with scald and rest and sleep talk its risky but it get the job done only probably is pkmn that dont get affected by water cough* cough* toxicroak.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
The team looks good, but may I make some small suggestions?

For instance, I'd suggest you run 248 HP / 252 Att / the rest go to def or spe on Scizor, because it adds to it's decent bulk when say, you're up against a LO Latios and you want to Pursuit it when it uses Surf or something. I'd also try out Rest on Rotom-W if you don't like the survivability on Pain Split. Your Rotom-H seems to be the only one that can take on a Jellicent, and Rest can help you more against taking on the likes of Jellicent, who does have a nasty habit of burning pokemon with Scald or Will-o-Wisp, and Rest can relieve some of that added burn pressure for you.

Otherwise, I'd run a more offensive Rotom-W if you're running HP Ice:

4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
@ Choice Scarf or Leftovers
~ Volt Switch
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Hydro Pump
~ Trick

Because I see that your team is more offensively paced, and this particular Rotom can probably help you more on your fast Volt-Turn combo, without slowing you down. But, if you don't want to, that's okay- it's just a suggestion.

But yeah, hope this helps. Other leads you can try could include Deoxys-D since it can set up Stealth Rock and spikes for more added pressure, but yeah. Good luck on your battles!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
In B2/W2, the sets and EV spreads you're using may need some tweaking.

Haxorus gained coverage moves in Aqua Tail, Low Kick and Superpower. This set is now preferred; Low Kick is mainly for hitting heavy opponents that are weak to Fighting, especially those using Air Balloon:
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Low Kick
-Earthquake
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Lum Berry/Yache Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker

Gliscor now has to use more Speed or Defense, depending on the set:
-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Protect/Taunt/Roost
Nature: Impish
EVs: 244 HP/28 Def/236 Spe
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal

or
-Earthquake
-Taunt
-Toxic/Ice Fang/Stealth Rock
-Roost/Protect
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/240 Def/16 Spe
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
Thanks definitely low kick over superpower because I only used brick break to hit tyranitar,ferrothorn and the air balloon guys what threats does aqua tail hit?

why does gliscor need to be faster? the ev spread I had worked superbly against scizor,conkeldurr, and anything faster than it I wouldnt switch in too? but it only makes sense to make a sub set faster so I think i'll run with that thank you :)

The team looks good, but may I make some small suggestions?

For instance, I'd suggest you run 248 HP / 252 Att / the rest go to def or spe on Scizor, because it adds to it's decent bulk when say, you're up against a LO Latios and you want to Pursuit it when it uses Surf or something. I'd also try out Rest on Rotom-W if you don't like the survivability on Pain Split. Your Rotom-H seems to be the only one that can take on a Jellicent, and Rest can help you more against taking on the likes of Jellicent, who does have a nasty habit of burning pokemon with Scald or Will-o-Wisp, and Rest can relieve some of that added burn pressure for you.

Otherwise, I'd run a more offensive Rotom-W if you're running HP Ice:

4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
@ Choice Scarf or Leftovers
~ Volt Switch
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Hydro Pump
~ Trick

Because I see that your team is more offensively paced, and this particular Rotom can probably help you more on your fast Volt-Turn combo, without slowing you down. But, if you don't want to, that's okay- it's just a suggestion.

But yeah, hope this helps. Other leads you can try could include Deoxys-D since it can set up Stealth Rock and spikes for more added pressure, but yeah. Good luck on your battles!

Thanks ill test ot out online before I change the evs on scizor or I might just breed another because they changed the mechanics for ev reducing berries instead of being lower to 100 after the first one it simply gets reduced by 10 what a pain :/

also for the rotom set why scarf and not specs? just curious is all Im going to test this spread out two I tried out heatran in its place and noticed I had a huge problem with water types but tormentran is fun :)

you said you've tried jellicent and milotic. Try calm mind suicune with scald and rest and sleep talk its risky but it get the job done only probably is pkmn that dont get affected by water cough* cough* toxicroak.

hmm suicune never crossed my mind ill try it out but im worried the shift to 5th gen has made everything a lot more powerful and as unreliable as sleep talk set was before its a little worse now :/ but if reuniclus can get away with it sure why not? :P

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Thanks definitely low kick over superpower because I only used brick break to hit tyranitar,ferrothorn and the air balloon guys what threats does aqua tail hit?

why does gliscor need to be faster? the ev spread I had worked superbly against scizor,conkeldurr, and anything faster than it I wouldnt switch in too? but it only makes sense to make a sub set faster so I think i'll run with that thank you :)

Gliscor's first set has to be fast so that it can outspeed Heatran before the latter can hit it hard with Hidden Power Ice or Fire Blast. The second set also needs a bit of a Defense buff so that it can tank Technician Breloom's hits better.

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
Gliscor's first set has to be fast so that it can outspeed Heatran before the latter can hit it hard with Hidden Power Ice or Fire Blast. The second set also needs a bit of a Defense buff so that it can tank Technician Breloom's hits better.

I didnt consider heatran to be a threat but it makes sense and heatran is very common thank you :)

Back