• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Chaining for a Shiny..

Another Question, Using the Pokeradar, I went to Route 222 to chain and get me a Shiny Luxio. Now, does Shiny Chaining work for any Pokemon or only the Pokemon that are found by the Pokeradar. I can't seem to get the Shiny Luxio, I am afraid I made a mistake by chaining for him rather than flaffy, is it an issue? Can't I chain for Luxio to get a Shiny Luxio? Until, I chained till 120!!! AND NO SHINY!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Another Question, Using the Pokeradar, I went to Route 222 to chain and get me a Shiny Luxio. Now, does Shiny Chaining work for any Pokemon or only the Pokemon that are found by the Pokeradar. I can't seem to get the Shiny Luxio, I am afraid I made a mistake by chaining for him rather than flaffy, is it an issue? Can't I chain for Luxio to get a Shiny Luxio? Until, I chained till 120!!! AND NO SHINY!
Shiny chaining works for any Pokemon found in the area. Just keep trying to chain for the shiny Pokemon you want; you're just unlucky.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Mentioned this in your other thread (and with some more info too), but aim at getting to a chain of 40 and then just reuse the pokeradar without going into patches until you see a shiny because that chance does not improve for chain numbers higher than 40.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Well, I know the chance doesn't increase, it was because I was running out of repels :P
But C'mon, 120! And frequent use of the Radar?! Is there something wrong i did? Keeping the chain is the only key right?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Well, I know the chance doesn't increase, it was because I was running out of repels :P
But C'mon, 120! And frequent use of the Radar?! Is there something wrong i did? Keeping the chain is the only key right?
Remember again 120 is no more impressive than 40 in terms of chances. Anyways... assuming you went for the next chain straightaway and you always got four patches to appear, that's 80 resets which still has a significant chance of not finding a shiny after running some rough calculations. And yes, keeping the chain is key - only thing you really need is (besides stocking up on lots of repels before you start =p) patience. And just in case, never go in patches on the sides or corners of the grass field.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'm playing Diamond and using a team of my favourite pokemon, but this includes Piplup, Pachirisu, Croagunk, Swablu, Roselia and Anorith, none of which I'm going to evolve before beating the league, so they're all pretty weak. I've made it to Canalave City without much trouble but now it's gotten a lot tougher - Iron Island is a pain and the Steel Gym is far too tough! Since training 6 things at once makes all their levels a lot lower than should be but I don't want to lose any of the team, how should this be solved? (I don't really know what grinding is from other posts...)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Grinding basically means training on wild Pokemon/trainers for experience/levels - it's a common term for games like Pokemon. Iron island if you haven't finished the subquest there is great though because of the fact your partner heals you after each battle for free - otherwise make use of the Vs Seeker against previous trainers for extra experience, if you intend to go through diamond with unevolved Pokemon.

Besides that, only thing that will make your Pokemon stronger is teach them TM/HM moves, or evolve them - but you should be able to get by with just better attacks and/or grinding - you'll just need more than one usually does with unevolved Pokemon is all. You can also get advice on movesets for you Pokemon in the In-game Team Help section btw.

funrush

How's it going?
Years
My Staravia just got Pokerus. How long will it take to spread to the other pokes in my party? Is it measured by time or steps?

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
Years
It depends. It doesn't just spread naturally, as far as I know. You need to get into the battle and put the Pokemon with PKRS like this:

Key:
0 = Regular
X = PKRS

0X

and then just get into a battle and switch in and out a lot during the battle. After around 2 battles they should be infected.
I think they could also just get it naturally but I am not sure about that.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
My Staravia just got Pokerus. How long will it take to spread to the other pokes in my party? Is it measured by time or steps?

Just do a few battles and your party should eventually get infected.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it spreads through your Boxes. I can't remember though.
This is incorrect. The boxes prevent the Pokérus from being cured but do not spread it.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yes, you can backtrack at any point in the game in fact. Just will take you a bit of a walk is all and you'd need to train it a bit to catch up to the rest of your party. (You can get one via a trade once you hit goldenrod and do a sidequest if you remove mail from one you get to do a delivery and put it on another Pokemon you don't want instead mind, and maybe there's one on a Pokewalker course too?)

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
a friend said to me that the legendary birds are catchable in SoulSilver... is that true? if so, how far would I need to go + where would Moltres be? (being legendary, I probably have a ways to go)(if he's telling the truth)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
a friend said to me that the legendary birds are catchable in SoulSilver... is that true? if so, how far would I need to go + where would Moltres be? (being legendary, I probably have a ways to go)(if he's telling the truth)

It's true. Articuno is in the Seafoam Islands, Zapdos is outside the Power Plant in Route 10 and Moltres is in one of Mt. Silver's caves.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Note this stuff is covered in the FAQ sticky thread, so feel fre to chck stuff there before asking such as about what legendaries you can get.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
Is it possible to obtain another 'Flash' TM'? after finding out that Flash was converted into a TM in the SoulSilver remake (vs a HM) hence making it only usable once and making the move forgettable, is it possible to obtain another Flash TM? or do I just need to be extra careful on not deleting the move with another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back