• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon, It's been a long time...

Fay

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 12, 2013
What can I say. Pokemon got into my head when I was young and it never really loosened it's grip!

I stopped playing Pokemon the day my Leafgreen(or was it firered...?) simply up and disappeared, and killed any desire I had left for the series. Many years, exams, breakups and what have yous have led to reigniting that pokemon spark inside of me.

My DSi had been sitting, unused, on my shelves for months or possibly even a year, and until I met my latest girlfriend I had no desire to use it. Being the RPG fan she is reignited my spark for the genre and after a visit to a nearby EBgames, I'd remerged with a couple random games(FF3 and Children of Mana) which included Pokemon Black 2. My first pokemon game since the fateful loss of my last game, and I couldn't have chosen a better time to jump back in with X&Y coming out in october.

Here to keep up with news in the pokemon world and hopefully convince my girlfriend to buy the opposite version of mine so we can train our pokemon together!

Reactions: Fay

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Awww that sounds so adorable! Keep convincing her to get the different version because it's gonna be so fun, and besides...you both will get to complete the Pokedex quicker that way. :D

& yeah, I kinda took a hiatus from Pokemon when the 3rd generation came around. Back then I wasn't really ready to transition to a newer generation, and then there was also life too. I was in high school then. A spark of returning to Pokemon was a sign that Pokemon wanted to be there with you after all those life situations. It's the best feeling out there.

I'm glad to see that you are coming back into Pokemon. How does it feel? is it nostalgic?

Anyways, welcome to the forums. I know you will have an amazing time here. :D A lot of the sections here will keep you company, so you will discuss like no tomorrow! :) Have a great time here, okay~

Years
It's adorable to have a partner who loves games. Your girlfriend is pretty cool for reigniting your spark for the franchise.. is she into Pokemon? Perhaps she can join us here on the forum sometime in the future, ehe. That certainly would be awesome. Welcome to the forum!

So it appears that you've been out of the Pokemon fandom for a looong while, in which case you've probably missed tons of games! After FireRed and LeafGreen we had Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver (which might be good choices if you want to relive your Gold/Silver days as they were the remakes), plus all the fifth generation games. Black 2 and White 2 were really amazing, especially as sequels to B/W. I'm sure you're going to enjoy playing through those as you await for the sixth generation. :) I'm so super excited about those! Going to choose Chespin as my starter (but I hope its final form is good) and Squirtle as my Kanto starter~

Enjoy your stay on PC, Fay, I'm sure we'll help your love for Pokemon to continue burning brightly. Let our staff know if you need anything and you're more than welcome to friend request me anytime! Byebye! <3

Years
Hi Fay and welcome to PC!

Nice to see you have a partner who shares interests with you, and you only got back into Pokemon because of her? Awesome! I'd totally be happy to welcome her if she ever decided to join PC because of how diverse of a community we are. I know what it's like leaving the Pokemon fandom for a while, but X and Y have been igniting some fuel for fans to come back. Can't wait for the games to come out!

I'll probably be taking Froakie as my starter in X and Y, especially given how awesome he looks with that evolved form of his that was revealed, alongside the other two. But yeah I do hope you have fun at PC, and if you need a friend feel free to leave a visitor message or friend request anytime. And don't hesitate to ask Cirno if you have questions, since she'd love to assist you. Have fun here!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Hi welcome back to the Pokemon world!
I'm serving Roasted Pidove and Boiled Togepi Egg this time,
have a seat! *hands out food*
The Pidove were raised in Floccesy Ranch, they taste good when they are roasted!
The Togepi Eggs were from the Sinnoh region, a favorite delicacy among Sinnoh people. Bon appétit {:3}

Please take your time to explore Pokecommunity as well as the Unova region if you have not completed the whole game yet! We have a lot of sections here in PC, you might want to join in the crowds for Pokémon X & Pokémon Y. Can't get enough of Unova and want to share your thoughts about Generation 5? Here's Fifth Generation Gaming for you! We also have Trade and Battle Corner, you might want to visit them if you want to trade or battling with our members here in PC! ;)

If you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask our kind forum staffs! :)

Other than that, please finish all the food! And remember to take your girlfriend here to PC as well! {XD}
Happy exploring in PC! :)

Back