• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina?

Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina?

• Dialga

Votes: 37 33.3%
  • Palkia

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • Giratina

Votes: 51 45.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Honestly I don't like any of them, but based on the Water/Dragon typing and the slightly cooler design I'll have to choose Palkia. I've never been a fan of the huge angry powerful dragons and these three are no exception but I somewhat admire Palkia's design and concept so he narrowly makes it out as being a decent Pokémon. He's also relatively fun to use and has some cool moves to play with, so I quite like him!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
Im beetwen Palkia and Dialga. While Dialga is resistent to a lot of types but Fight and Ground deals him x2 damage, Palkia is just resistent to three types and just dragon attacks deals him x2damage.
But Palkia has an insane Special Attack, so I think Palkia is the best one.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Both Dialga and Giratina I found interesting. Palkia... not so much.

Dialga's type combo negated the usual weakness of Dragons being Dragon and Ice type moves. It also comes packing with a really awesome signature move 'Roar of Time' tell me that doesn't sound severely awesome?

Giratina's type combo was very peculiar, it struck me as a Dark type. Giratina has my vote, it's such a badass Pokemon being banished for it's violence, has it's own world on the reverse side of ours and can change it's formes alternating it's Attack and Defense. I never normally use legends in my in-game team, but in Platinum it was too tempting to use Giratina. It's a real solid fighter.

Black Dynamite

Resident Noob
Years
i dont know too much about palkia actually.
dialga is awesome to play with, and i hated giritina originally. too creepy looking(which is a good thing for its role). but after watching the movie giritina and the sky warrior, my opinion of giritina has changed. and all dialga and palkia do is fight eachother, like grow up. you guys are like a billion years old. :P

Mp3beast

Master of Sound
Years
I'm in total agreement, Palkia was always super lame to me. What good is controlling Space with your...pointy head(?)...when you can control time with a roar? Giratina was that surprise I found while I was wandering around in my Pokemon Diamond version. I hadn't heard about it yet by the time I found it. I thought I was so cool for finding this "secret Pokemon." So Giratina will always be special to me. And it has its own reality, that kinda tops warping space.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Palkia all the way. I like water types and was shocked to find out Palkia is one, I was expecting a Dragon or Normal/Dragon or something but NOT water. That basically made him rock.
Only basically.
His signature slash (Spacial Rend, if I may) is so stylish in the anime that just hypes you even more.
And Spacial Rend. Don't get me started. I love that move, absolutely awesome at 100 power. It is this move that takes inspiration from the absolutely amazing Aeroblast.
I played Pearl in my first gameplay of Sinnoh, but that just impresses even more on how Palkia is awesome.
And then in PMD - Explorers of Darkness. Just my god. Saw that face? Just so awesome.

I can't know how the hell he isn't in the history books as the best ever Pokémon.
... alright, maybe a bit exaggerated, but still.
He's just beast. Saw those space-controlling hands? He made the matrix. Of course, Dialga can roar beast too, but here's to more style and action. Awesome awesome awesome.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
I haven't played Diamond or Platinum or Pearl so I don't know much about their Legendaries. Just based on appearances, I think Dialga is the best.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm not a big fan of this trio honestly, but I love Ghost types and Giratina looks pretty awesome. Palkia looks like male genitalia and Dialga's teeth are placed awkwardly as if it were an old man that lost his top teeth. So yeah, Giratina it is for me! Plus it lives in a super cool place. Awww yeah.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Tie between Dialga and Palkia, but I went with Dialga, mainly because Diamond was the first Gen IV game I played.

OmegaTL

Time Lord
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Giratina.
I just don't like Dialga or Palkia for whatever reason.

Years
Palkia all the way, though i wish it had more votes :/
Nevertheless my vote goes for it because Pearl was my first 4th gen game and it was my first legendary in 4th gen (duh) ahahah but i just like the typing 'n the desing *.* It looks so pretty 'n shiny. Pearls are shiny.

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
I like them all for different reasons, but Giratina is my favourite of the three and my second-favourite Gen IV legendary. "Renegade" Pokemon + dat typing + very creepy design. And the Pokedex entry that cites it appearing in an ancient cemetery, although that's not exactly true to the games.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
I love Giratina the most mainly because of design and Giratina getting his own realm.
I don't know but I don't like Palkia the most out of the three xD

Sirfetch’d

Really not a fan of any of these because they all look so ugly imo. If I had to choose, I would pick Palkia because of its great typing and massive Special attack that is through the roof.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Giratina. I quite liked it since it was first revealed. On my first account here back in 2006, I tried to claim Giratina. I like that he looks menacing and fierce, like a demonic dragon. That's a far more interesting design than a dragon with some steel slapped on or water-type dragon, even with their time/space powers, pfft.

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
I really like the three of them. But I like Giratina even more.
Giratina is like the shield and the best escapist. I like how
his world was created, like the other side of earth.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
giratina. I like how dark his backstory is lol. plus he has amazing stats compared and also you cant go wrong with a ghost legendary. very unique

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Giratina, koffi~

I think the Ghost/Dragon typing really stands out here. I like the typing better than the other two. Palkia may have great resistances, but Giratina's design helps edge it out of all three, koff~

ps please no more Dragon Legendaries, we've had enough for now.

Back