• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
What I've seen of the legendaries so far is amazing. I really didn't expect this to be the news I woke up to but it's something I've been wanting for a while now. My only issue is that it feels like it's too much of a change and too soon, given that Black 2 and White 2 will only have been out for a year in the US when these games come out.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Nintendo has moved on to the 3DS, so if anyone is surprised over that move, then...you really shouldn't be.

As for those legendaries, I'm quite impressed. And I hope to God they aren't Dragon types ugh. But they look unique compared to the last two generations and I hope any other legendaries that come around this gen are just are awesome looking. And I love how the mascots don't look a thing like each other. Most mascots seem to be connected in some way, bar Lugia and Ho-Oh (unless I'm forgetting something?), and these guys don't seem to be. I kind of hope they're not. The idea of the mascot Pokemon being in relation to one another is getting to be a tired idea imo, so it'd be great if they were unrelated. But that might be just me.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Alright, I, for one, am angry as heck. First of all, they literally JUST released the sequels for the gen V games. So they don't even want to give them some time to develop? SOME? And they don't even want to make Gen 3 remakes? EVERYONE wants Gen 3 remakes. Most everyone. And for the 3DS? Do they just want to make more money? I can't afford a 3DS and I'm not planning to afford a 3DS anytime soon, let alone buy it. Although it IS true that the gen V PMD games are for the 3DS too, but... What the hell? Can't they just pick a system and develop it? They were on a good path with the DS, I don't know what the hell happened all of the sudden.

Although I admit the graphics are really top-notch (what less would you expect on a freaking 3DS), they can't really call it fully developed 3D models unless they're from all angles like in, for instance, Poképark. Also, nothing of it looks like a Pokémon game. Just from the few screenshots I've seen.

The starters... ugh. Chespin looks like someone bathed a Pachirisu in a Sudowoodo that just came out of a blender. Fennekin is an anorexic Eevee with overgrown ear-hair. Froakie... I'm not even going to go there. This thing looks pretty badass though:
Spoiler:

It's a Sawsbuckviriziosuicunethingamajig, but it looks damn epic.
The DS/DS Lite/DSi are all dying systems now. The 3DS has been out for roughly two years I believe, and until now, GameFreak had yet to announce a main title Pokémon game for the 3DS. And I believe Nintendo wasn't very pleased with GameFreak when they had released B2/W2 for the DS systems either. GameFreak was bound to release a new generation for the 3DS at some point, and announcing one for 2014 is really pushing it when the 3DS would be going on almost 3 years.

At the start of New Years, Pokémon announced that they were taking on new leaps and bounds and expanding the world of Pokémon this year. In order to do that, and on the 3DS system, things were bound to change. However, as different as it looks, the mechanics itself - such as the battling system - seems to operate the same other than its new look.

As far as R/S remakes, I've been eagerly anticipating a remake of the Hoenn region ever since HG/SS was announced, but just because it wasn't released during the 5th Gen, doesn't mean it won't happen. It may just happen during this new generation of Pokémon, and by the look of the graphics on Pokémon X and Y, I couldn't be more pleased about that.

The mascot for Pokémon X does look pretty cool doesn't it? I like that one a lot. I can't change your mind on the starters though. We all have our own opinions about a Pokémon's design. I for one actually really like all three starters this generation. I can't say the same about Gen V.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Definitely Princess Mononoke inspired, no wonder it looks epic.

princess-mononoke.jpg

Still though I like the legendaries ten times better than the gen V ones.
Yes the two game mascots are amazing, probably the best in the entirety of Pokémon in my opinion. I, for one, only hope that they don't overdo the legendaries available like they did in Gen 4 and especially Gen 5.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think the graphics look great, it's just gonna take some time for me, and I can assume a lot of other people, to actually adjust to them.

Logan

Years
I feel like I'm the only one who's already adjusted to these graphics, I think they're great.
You're definitely not alone. I think they're amazing, and 100% what I would of hoped for. A massive step up from B/W and it feels like we're just one step away from Colloseum/XD:GoD without going overboard.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I was surprised when I saw the gameplay started and showed those graphics. It was obvious they were going to move toward this direction but I just wasn't ready for it, still not ready for it. I've spent these passed years used to the 2D sprites and world and to see this was just a shock. I mean it's not something I cannot easily get used to. I just didn't flat out like it at first. Meh, it's growing on me especially since I saw the battles and rewatched the trailers quite a few times. The moves look sweet and the way we enter the battle looks just as awesome.

Eeek, can't wait for these games guys!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
For once, I found a Pokemon generation that I'm not ready for. I'm hoping that as more Pokemon are revealed, I'll feel better about it. I can't say the same for gen V, since I avoided spoilers, but doing that on a Pokemon forum is hard so I won't do it this time. Seems like yesterday I just discovered Petilil though. :/ Time flies.

Anyway, I'm not really excited about these games yet. I think the starters, except for Fennekin, are uggggggg-LY. But the legendary mascots look amazing actually. So eh. But the way the game looks is deterring me away from it. I'm not ready for chaaaaaaange :( I'm content with the moving 2D sprites I'm not ready for 3D models. sob sob sob
I'm actually the exact opposite. I am so ready for Gen VI. I was afraid that the announcement would have been for a new remake, since that's what 80% of the speculation about it was about, and Gen V would just drag on another year. Gen V seemed to last way too long. I can't really explain why I felt that way, because I'm pretty sure it lasted about the same amount of time as Gen IV.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
The DS/DS Lite/DSi are all dying systems now. The 3DS has been out for roughly two years I believe, and until now, GameFreak had yet to announce a main title Pokémon game for the 3DS. And I believe Nintendo wasn't very pleased with GameFreak when they had released B2/W2 for the DS systems either. GameFreak was bound to release a new generation for the 3DS at some point, and announcing one for 2014 is really pushing it when the 3DS would be going on almost 3 years.

At the start of New Years, Pokémon announced that they were taking on new leaps and bounds and expanding the world of Pokémon this year. In order to do that, and on the 3DS system, things were bound to change. However, as different as it looks, the mechanics itself - such as the battling system - seems to operate the same other than its new look.

As far as R/S remakes, I've been eagerly anticipating a remake of the Hoenn region ever since HG/SS was announced, but just because it wasn't released during the 5th Gen, doesn't mean it won't happen. It may just happen during this new generation of Pokémon, and by the look of the graphics on Pokémon X and Y, I couldn't be more pleased about that.

The mascot for Pokémon X does look pretty cool doesn't it? I like that one a lot. I can't change your mind on the starters though. We all have our own opinions about a Pokémon's design. I for one actually really like all three starters this generation. I can't say the same about Gen V.

I agree. Especially about RSE. I'd definitely be interested to see the same graphics in the RS remakes, as it would make them feel fresh, like a new adventure.

Now I know that my purchase of the 3DS isn't in vain (disregarding PMD 3) XD

I actually think the starters look fine. I don't know about you, but I like them all except for the grass type... but of course what other idea would you have for the grass type? There isn't much you can do. And plus, with a fox you can't POSSIBLY make it a fire/fighting, so the starters look absolutely fresh...

...except for the frog... It looks a lot like it would be the Tympole evolution line's cousin.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm starting to get anxious about other Pokemon that will be revealed. Who will be my gen 6 Petilil, guys?! I need some random new Pokemon to obsess over!

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I'm starting to get anxious about other Pokemon that will be revealed. Who will be my gen 6 Petilil, guys?! I need some random new Pokemon to obsess over!

Me too! I want them to reveal them slowly but another part of me wants them all right now. Which is why I think I'm obsessing over Chespin's cuteness even though others disagree with me.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm definitely much more excited about these games than I was about Black & White, they just look so fresh!

Logan

Years
I wonder what the 'Pikachu' type Pokémon of this generation will be like. (I mean as a mascot.)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm actually the exact opposite. I am so ready for Gen VI. I was afraid that the announcement would have been for a new remake, since that's what 80% of the speculation about it was about, and Gen V would just drag on another year. Gen V seemed to last way too long. I can't really explain why I felt that way, because I'm pretty sure it lasted about the same amount of time as Gen IV.

Oddly enough, as I've been posting around about the games...I'm getting more excited and feeling a lot better about them haha. I think because I woke up to a new forum and new games it was just sudden for me and I was like "SJDKSFJDFHS NO NOT READY YET OMG" but I'm feeling better now.

Also, Kirozane and I are afraid that Fennekin will get manly evolutions. XD

Me too! I want them to reveal them slowly but another part of me wants them all right now. Which is why I think I'm obsessing over Chespin's cuteness even though others disagree with me.

Aerilyn sent me fan art of the three and they're MUCH cuter in fanart than in official art. XD So Froakie and Chespin aren't as bad as I initially thought when I saw them on Serebii. Official art can ruin anything, I tell ya.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I was surprised when I saw the gameplay started and showed those graphics. It was obvious they were going to move toward this direction but I just wasn't ready for it, still not ready for it. I've spent these passed years used to the 2D sprites and world and to see this was just a shock. I mean it's not something I cannot easily get used to. I just didn't flat out like it at first. Meh, it's growing on me especially since I saw the battles and rewatched the trailers quite a few times. The moves look sweet and the way we enter the battle looks just as awesome.

Eeek, can't wait for these games guys!
Lucky for you, and everyone else who still needs time to adapt, we have a ten month wait before they're actually released. Within that time, we'll just keep feeding off of new scans, Pokémon, and information to keep our appetites whet.

I kind of just want them now though. :x

Can you believe Gen V was actually shorter than Gen IV? I too felt Gen V had been dragging on for too long now, but that might be because it's the first region/generation I'm just not entirely into. I'm eager for RSE remakes, but I'm glad we'll hopefully/maybe/possibly get them in a new generation that looks to be a whole lot better.

I wonder what the 'Pikachu' type Pokémon of this generation will be like. (I mean as a mascot.)
I can't remember, but what was the "Pikachu" type Pokémon in Unova?

...Oh wait, Emolga aka the Pachirisu that could fly. I hope they give us something better than that this time around.

blue

gucci
Years
If there is one I wonder which will be the next Eeveelution type, I can't see them leaving it out for another generation.

Logan

Years
I can't remember, but what was the "Pikachu" type Pokémon in Unova?

...Oh wait, Emolga aka the Pachirisu that could fly. I hope they give us something better than that this time around.
I suppose you could say it was Emolga. Doesn't have to be electric type though, I'd call Zorua the mascot of Unova.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
There was a thread about a new Eeveelution in Poke General I think. Dragon would be cool, and I know a lot of people would think "how do you make a fox evolve into a dragon?" but there's been decent fan art of Fakemon with a Dragon Eevee and it could work if done correctly. I'd prefer a Ghost Eeveelution myself, but since Eeveelution types represent what once were all special attacks, Dragon is all that remains.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

Hmm, the new rodent and 'Pidgey' as well. For some reason I'm interested in which direction they'll take.

Aerilyn sent me fan art of the three and they're MUCH cuter in fanart than in official art. XD So Froakie and Chespin aren't as bad as I initially thought when I saw them on Serebii. Official art can ruin anything, I tell ya.

Ohmygosh, I was just about to bring up fan art. I've loved the fan art I've seen so far on Tumblr. It even displays Froakie in a good light, which I didn't think was possibly.

Lucky for you, and everyone else who still needs time to adapt, we have a ten month wait before they're actually released. Within that time, we'll just keep feeding off of new scans, Pokémon, and information to keep our appetites whet.

Ten months is a long time still but yeah it will give me enough time to adapt to this style as we see more and more of it. We'll be leeches (or rather I will be for sure) for informations regarding X and Y.

By the way, I love Young Justice and your avatar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back