• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nervous System Challenge

Years
~The Nervous System Challenge~
Nervous? You should be. (oh so punny)

-The goal of the game is to beat the elite four using six pokemon. Here's the catch:

Rules:
-Your team will work somewhat similarly to the human nervous system, with a pokemon representing the brain, a pokemon representing the spinal cord, a pokemon representing each arm and a pokemon representing each leg.

-If the pokemon representing a certain part faints, it is dead and you can not use the advantages that pokemon gives. (so the challenge becomes harder and harder as you go, as more and more handicaps are placed on you - it's basically a modified nuzlocke)

-Here are the repercussions for when a certain pokemon dies (also, each penalty stacks)

-One of your leg pokemon: You can not run away from pokemon battles

-Both of your leg pokemon: You can not run, you must walk or use your wheelchair. (bike) You should try to use your wheelchair whenever possible.

-Left arm pokemon: You can not go into your bag during battles

-Right arm pokemon: You cannot switch pokemon in/out in battle

-Spinal cord pokemon: Once this pokemon dies, so do all the other appendages (so say good bye to your legs and arms) and you gain all the penalties for losing them

-Brain pokemon: Once this pokemon dies, the game is over

-You should catch all your pokemon before the third gym, but you don't have to. If you don't have all your pokemon after the third gym, optional rule number 4 is no longer optional. (So make sure you have your brain pokemon, because otherwise, you instantly lose. Also, make sure you have your spinal cord pokemon, or you can't use any appendage pokemon.)

-Trading is okay, as long as all pokemon being traded in are level five or lower (or eggs)

-Trade evolutions are okay

-No switching up your party (you must decide before you start the challenge (just putting it out there))

-However, you can have HM slaves before getting all your party members. Once a party member is obtainable, you must get rid of your HM slaves

-If a party member dies, you can fill their slot with an HM slave

-Obviously, HM slaves cannot go into battle, ever. If all your current challenge pokemon in your party faint, the challenge is over, similar to a nuzlocke

-And I think that's about it! :D

Optional Rules:
-1. You can only use electric types, pyschic types and any pokemon with a speed over 100.

-2. You have a time limit, as speed is essential in the nervous system. You have 24 ingame hours to beat the game. (you can set the time limit lower if you like)

-3. If a pokemon is poisoned, it is considered dead, as poison targets the nerves. If a pokemon is paralyzed, it is considered dead.

-4. Until getting your pokemon, you are inhibited (so if you don't have the pokemon representing your left arm, no bag)

Name: GolurkIsDaBomb
Game: Diamond
Team: Brain:
Bronzong Spine: Torterra Left Arm: Gastrodon Right Arm: Toxicroak Left Leg: Vespiquen Right Leg: Ambipom
Optional Rules?: No.
Let's Hope I Don't Die! :D

CURRENT CHALLENGERS

Spoiler:

CHAMPIONS

Spoiler:

Good luck, have fun, and stay safe! :D

Last edited:

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I'd like to have a go :D!
Name : Rainbow Arcanine
Game: Emerald
Team: Brain:Swampert
Spine:Hariyama
Left Arm:Breloom
Right Arm:Exploud,
Left Leg:Skarmory
Right Leg:Swalot

Optional Rules : No.

Never used these Pokemon before. Good luck me xD.

Last edited:

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Sure I'll try this! Seems pretty awesome.
Name: Ragnia
Game: Platinum
Team: Brain- Spiritomb, Spinal Cord- Empoleon, Left Leg- Togekiss/tic/pi, Right Leg- RotomH (Assuming I can hack in the Secret Key), Left Arm- Roserade, Right Arm- Medicham/Crobat (depends on where in Mt.Coronet I can get Meditite)

One last question, do we have to update? If so how often should we?

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
Ooh! My first challenge! This is a great idea, Golurk!

Game: Cookie
Game: White
Team:
Brain: Beeheeyem
Spine: Serperior
Left Arm: Swanna
Right Arm: Conkeldurr
Left Leg: Darmanitan
Right Leg: Excadrill
Optional Rules?: Yes, 3 & 4

I will update... As soon as I can! :)

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
I'm going to try this.

name: pleryt16
Ingame name: Stephen
Game: Red
Brain: Nidoking
Spine: Venusaur
Left arm: Fearow
Right arm: Dugtrio
Left Leg: Hypno
Right Leg: Vaporeon, if thats okay, if not, Gyarados.

Also, if one dies, can we replace it?

Years
(depends on where in Mt.Coronet I can get Meditite)

One last question, do we have to update? If so how often should we?
You can get meditite to the right of eterna city. Oh, and feel free to hack! Yes, you should update, how often is up to you. You don't have to be super detailed, but I personally am interested in how it goes for you guys! :D

Also, if one dies, can we replace it?
No, otherwise the whole challenge doesn't really work...
Also, vaporeon is fine, just remember that optional rule number 4 comes into play if you beat Lt. Surge first.

You guys will be added right after this post! Thanks for joining and good luck! (I will update soon)

Last edited:

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
Okay, I'll do optional rule 4 then.

Decided to switch to Blue and use Nidoqueen instead of Nidoking.

Last edited:

SanityStealer

Lilbluebox
Years
Ooh, this looks like lots of fun! I'll be doing this one, definitely.

Name: SanityStealer
Game: Sapphire
Team: Brain: Gardevoir Spine: Sceptile Left Arm: Flygon Right Arm: Aggron Left Leg: Torkoal Right Leg: Gyrados
Optional Rules?: Not this time.

So, basically, I'm gonna die. Let's see how long I last!

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
Name: Nineray
Game: Platinum
Team: Brain: Gallade Spine:Empoleon Left Arm: Staraptor Right Arm: Garchomp Left Leg: Leafeon Right Leg: Luxray
Optional Rules?: No.
I'll start this in about a week or a day i have to finish something first XD

Years
Okay, SanityStealer and Nineray, you have both been added. My first update will come later today (probably) as I have reached Floaroma town and am waiting for honey trees. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get my pokemon...

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2015
Name: Ashton
Game: Emerald
Team: Brain:Sceptile,Spine:Gardevoir,Right arm dustox,Left arm:Crobat,Right leg:Mightyena,Left arm:Manetric
Optional rules:No

Bring it on! (I'm so dead!)

Years
Yay, first update!

Here's what my team will be, as a refresher: B= Bronzong, S= Torterra, LA= Gastrodon, RA= Toxicroak, LL= Vespiquen and RL= Ambipom.

-Started off game
-Got turtwig
-Beat Rival
-Died to a critical hit from Roark's Cranidos.

T_T

ROUND TWO!

-Pregame stuff
-Got female Turtig, named her Sycamore (Impish nature)
-Beat Rival (Barry) with ease
-Challenged Roark, I was about level 17 or so.
-Spammed curses to prepare for the cranidos
-Razor Leaf = Coal Badge :D
-Sycamore evolved!!!
-Beat those silly galactic Grunts like nobody's business
-Caught Ludgate the Lonely Shellos (female)
-Smeared honey on trees after beating grunts
-Two days later got Bonnie the docile combee (female, of course!)
-Almost a weeka fter obtaining honey I FINALLY got an aipom, named her Eden (Naive nature)
-Trained Sycamore and Ludgate to 20, as that's what I thought Mars's purugly was.
-It was level 15. Whoops!
-Spammed Sycamore's curse on Zubat, killed it with a tackle, and then demolished that fat cat.
-Headed to the Eterna Forest
-Trained Bonnie to level 21... Bonnie is evolving! Yay, a Vespiquen! Maybe Bonnie will learn more than two moves now! :D
-Working on training up Eden, less experience, but battles are slower.

I feel like I should be farther along, but those Honey trees took FOREVER! D:

Also, I'm going to add a few clarifications to the rules concerning "other" party members, as I didn't really touch upon this area in the rules and noticed it when playing the game. I'll edit it in soon. :)

Edit: New Rules:

-However, you can have HM slaves before getting all your party members. Once a party member is obtainable, you must get rid of your HM slaves

-If a party member dies, you can fill their slot with an HM slave

-Obviously, HM slaves cannot go into battle, ever. If all your current challenge pokemon in your party faint, the challenge is over, similar to a nuzlocke

Good luck guys and start updating have fun! :D

Edit2: kyro100, welcome to the challenge. You're now listed in the top post as a Challenger. Good Luck!

Last edited:

munchhack

Advanced Scripter
Years
Sounds like fun

Name: Munchhack
Game: Ruby
Team: Brain: Agron Spine: Blaziken Left Arm: Camerupt Right Arm: Swellow Left Leg:Ninjask Right Leg: Nincada
Optional Rules: No

Years
OKAY, a small update.

-Soloed Gardenia with Bonnie the vespiquen
-Soloed Saturn with Ludgate the shellos (yay mud bomb! :D)
-Avoided trainers on bicycle path
-Caught WALL-E the bronzor on the route right below the bicycle path
-Trained WALL-E against bicycle path trainers
-Went into Wayward cave and teamed up with Mira to train some more.

Hopefully I'll get lucky and get a croagunk on my first visit to the Great Marsh. curse you honey trees

Oh, and Munchhack, you've been added!

*Also, you guys should update sooner or later. It's less fun playing by myself

Baby Skitty's Lullaby

And if you should awake...
Years
Count me in :D
Name: Baby Skitty's Lullaby
In-game name: Riley
Game: Leaf Green
Team:
Brain = Blastoise
Spinal Cord = Raticate
Right Arm = Persian
Left Arm = Jolteon
Left Leg = Fearow
Right Leg = Nidoqueen
Optional Rules : I think this'll be hard enough as is... so no.

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Name: WarriorCat
Game: FireRed
Team:
Brain: Venusaur
Spine: Flareon
Left Arm: Pidgeot
Right Arm: Machamp
Left Leg: Gengar
Right Leg: Alakazam
Optional Rules?: No :)

I might do this along side my nuzlocke, if I don't I'll do this after my nuzlocke.

Just one question.
You said
-You should catch all your pokemon before the third gym, but you don't have to. If you don't have all your pokemon after the third gym, optional rule number 4 is no longer optional.​

How would it work if I got a pokemon after the 3rd gym, but before the 4th gym?
I want to use Flareon, Machamp, and Gengar, which are all available at that time.

Years
Just one question.
You said

How would it work if I got a pokemon after the 3rd gym, but before the 4th gym?
I want to use Flareon, Machamp, and Gengar, which are all available at that time.

Welcome to the challenge. Added.

I mean that, after beating Surge, whichever "blanks" in your party (so for you, your left leg, right arm and spine) are treated like you lost those pokemon - basically whichever pokemon you don't have, you take on the rules that come with not having that pokemon.

Keep in mind that one doesn't need to beat Surge to get to Rock Tunnel/Lavender Town/Celadon City. ;)

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Keep in mind that one doesn't need to beat Surge to get to Rock Tunnel/Lavender Town/Celadon City. ;)

Really?
I didn't know that, that'll really help knowing that, in this and future FR/LG runs. :)

I'm starting now, so I'll update later.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
I'm thinking about doing this challenge, but i've got a question. Say one of our pokemon gets poisoned/paralyzed, could we still use it if we don't cure the illness?

Back