• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Gym Leader Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
114.gif

Gym Leader Jasmine
White 2
50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Toxic_Badge.png
50px-Insect_Badge.png
50px-Bolt_Badge.png
50px-Quake_Badge.png
50px-Jet_Badge.png
50px-Legend_Badge.png
50px-Wave_Badge.png

208.gif

Rusty ♂ lv. 48 @ Leftovers
Sturdy | Quiet
[ Crunch, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Iron Tail ]

448.gif

Allison ♀ lv. 49 @ Scope Lens
Steadfast | Bashful
[ Shadow Claw, Bone Rush, Ice Punch, Force Palm ]

181.gif

Amphy ♂ lv. 49 @ Amulet Coin
Static | Naughty
[ Thunder Wave, Power Gem, Strength, Discharge ]

468.gif

Talihina ♂ lv. 49 @ Charcoal
Hustle | Serious
[ Aura Sphere, Nasty Plot, Fly, Flamethrower ]

395.gif

Aaron ♂ lv. 49 @ Mystic Water
Torrent | Jolly
[ Surf, Ice Beam, Shadow Claw, Metal Claw ]

530.gif

Aerilyn ♀ lv.48 @ Hard Stone
Sand Force | Docile
[ X-Scissor, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Metal Claw ]

Went up to Humilau, did some stuff on uhhhh Route...22? I think? idk. Then I beat Marlon! n__n I should have done more, seeing as I haven't played Pokemon in weeks...sigh. I'll go be disappointing somewhere else!!

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
Years
Username: Abarai
Game: Pokemon Blue
Leader: Koga

Decided to start a koga run. Aim is to start with gen 1 and work my way up to gen 3. Considered using a code to start with Grimer but ended up starting with Bulbasaur and releasing it once i caught Nidoran, will just catch Grimer when it becomes available in the game.

Updates may be a little slow but i will definitely get through gen 1 at the very least. This Challenge seems like a great idea and should be alot of fun, there are alot of other leaders i would like to try after Koga aswell. May add a screenshot box next to the event log and just place some key pictures in ie beating leaders or rival.

Spr_RG_Koga.png

Koga
Pokemon Blue
»Cerulean City
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
5003​
BoulderBadge.png
Spr_1b_041.png
Zubat
Lv14 | Nickname
• Leech Life
• Super sonic​
Spr_1b_030.png
Nidorina Lv23 | Nickname
• Tackle
• Growl
• Scratch
• Poison Sting​
n/a​
n/a​
n/a​
n/a​
Event Log
• Received bulbasaur and pokedex from oak
• Lost against Greens Charmander ( sadface )
• Captured a Nidoran
• Beat Green in a rematch
• Nidoran evolved into Nidorina in the Viridian Forest
• After healing up headed to the gym and beat Brocks apprentice
• Beat Brock, potioning up while he bided
• Headed through Mt Moon where i caught a Zubat
• Beat the team rocket members inside Mt Moon and made way to cerulean city to heal

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
114.gif

Gym Leader Jasmine
White 2
50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Toxic_Badge.png
50px-Insect_Badge.png
50px-Bolt_Badge.png
50px-Quake_Badge.png
50px-Jet_Badge.png
50px-Legend_Badge.png
50px-Wave_Badge.png

208.gif

Rusty ♂ lv. 58 @ Leftovers
Sturdy | Quiet
[ Crunch, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Iron Tail ]

448.gif

Allison ♀ lv. 59 @ Scope Lens
Steadfast | Bashful
[ Shadow Claw, Dragon Pulse, Ice Punch, Force Palm ]

181.gif

Amphy ♂ lv. 59 @ Amulet Coin
Static | Naughty
[ Thunder Wave, Signal Beam, Fire Punch, Thunderbolt ]

468.gif

Talihina ♂ lv. 60 @ Charcoal
Hustle | Serious
[ Aura Sphere, Nasty Plot, Air Slash, Flamethrower ]

395.gif

Aaron ♂ lv. 60 @ Mystic Water
Torrent | Jolly
[ Waterfall, Ice Beam, Shadow Claw, Drill Peck ]

530.gif

Aerilyn ♀ lv.59 @ Hard Stone
Sand Force | Docile
[ X-Scissor, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Metal Claw ]

We stopped Team Plasma's evil plan and saw a crazy fusion in the process (Black Kyurem would have been better js). After that, we were encouraged to head to Victory Road, and so we did! The road was long and treacherous, but we pulled through and defeated our rival Volkner for the last time. We made some moveset changes and then went on to tackle the E4. Went through with relative ease and even more easily got through the Champion. Seriously guys, third time I've beaten BW2 and I've never lost a Pokemon to Iris. But anyway, that being said...Unova has been conquered by this Johto gym leader. Challenge complete!

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
Years
Ok so another update. Apologies about the event log, it has half turned into a journal of sorts >.<. On a side note it is nice to hear all the old pokemon r/b music again.

@ Sydian
Congratulations on finishing the challenge!
Cool looking team, Jasmine was the other leader i was considering to play as.
What was the hardest challenge/s or event/s during your white 2 Jasmine run?

Spr_RG_Koga.png

Koga
Pokemon Blue
»Vermillion City
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
43269​
BoulderBadge.png
th_02_2_CascadeBadge.png
ThunderBadge.png
Spr_1b_042.png
Golbat
Lv32 | Nickname
• Leech Life
• Wing Attack
• Bite
• Confuse Ray​
Spr_1b_030.png
Nidorina Lv31 | Nickname
• Tackle
• Growl
• Scratch
• Poison Sting​
n/a​
n/a​
n/a​
n/a​
Event Log
• Ran into that pesky kid Green once again, he challenged me to a battle and lost
• Team Rocket attempted to recruit me as a leader today (xD for those who read the manga i just found this funny)but i turned them down.
• Helped a man named Bill, who in return gave me a ticket to boad the SS.Anne
• After a good nights sleep it was time to challenge the Cerulean Gym, having defeated the apprentices, Misty stept forward to battle!
• It was a battle to remember! Starmies powerful bubblebeam overpowered zubat, Nidorina rose to the challenge darting around the field avoiding water guns to finally close in and land the final blow to Starmie.
• Wth the Cascade badge in hand i decided to board the SS Anne as rumors of their famous apple pies intrigued me!
• Zubat evolved into a Golbat today whilst battling some low level trainers en-route to Vermillion city
• After leaving the cafe Green confronted me again, Golbat made short work of his team. He then told me about the captain being a cut master, indeed a useful move, so i proceeded to the Captains quarters.
• After acquiring cut from the captain headed back to Vermillion City to battle the famous Lt Surge.
• The battle was a quick one but could of easily gone either way. Golbat's confuse ray was too much for Raichu who continued to shoot thunderbolts in the wrong direction, allowing Golbat to land numerous bite attacks, finishing it from a distance with a wing attack.
• Then made my way to a pokecenter to heal my pokemon and decided to stay the night. I will continue my journey in the morning.
screenkogarun1_zpsb93806c9.png

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The hardest parts were definitely facing Ground types (or things with Earthquake) and opposing Steel types. Everyone on my team except Togekiss was weak to Ground, and even then, most Ground types are packing a Rock move. Togekiss at least had Flamethrower throughout the whole game, so it wasn't too bad, and Empoleon usually outsped Ground types and KOed them with Surf. :)

Love your update style, btw. It looks so nice and neat! Good luck, and I hope you're enjoying your challenge so far. :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2017
I'm in P1 on the job
Name: Polymus 1
Game: Black
Leader: Volkner
Team to be:
Luxray
Raichu
Galvantula
Magnezone
Lanturn
Jolteon

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm in P1 on the job
Name: Polymus 1
Game: Black
Leader: Volkner
Team to be:
Luxray
Raichu
Galvantula
Magnezone
Lanturn
Jolteon

Might want to change games or teams.

5. You may hack/trade in up to three Pokemon. You don't have to, but this rule is there if you need it!

You only have one Pokemon listed that can be caught in Black. I don't really understand Dream World, so I assume maybe you're doing that? If not, you should probably swap out two of those team members for something that can be found in Black.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2017
Might want to change games or teams.

You only have one Pokemon listed that can be caught in Black. I don't really understand Dream World, so I assume maybe you're doing that? If not, you should probably swap out two of those team members for something that can be found in Black.

Soz, I forgot to put the word blaze in there, either way I was thinking if I can't do that I could hack them in (since I'm using an emulater)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If you're doing Blaze Black, then I'm pretty sure you'd be able to get everything without even hacking. Again, you can only hack or trade up to three Pokemon.

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
Years
So this update took longer than i intended hopefully the future updates will not be as far apart. No screenshots at the moment but i do have some on my latop and will edit this post with them tomorrow.

Event log is much more bland this time as i updated this in a bit of a rush. Nidoqueen now carriers her weight and is extremely strong and Hypno proved useful soloing the Fuschia gym even though he was 10 levels below the leaders strongest pokemon. The future members will be Muk and Articuno. Final slot is between Weezing, Venomoth, Ninetales and Tentacruel. Feel free to suggest which one you like the most.

Spr_RG_Koga.png

Koga
Pokemon Blue
»Fuchsia City
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
103766​
BoulderBadge.png
th_02_2_CascadeBadge.png
ThunderBadge.png
RainbowBadge.png

SoulBadge.png
Spr_1b_042.png
Golbat
Lv40 | Nickname
• Mega drain
• Wing Attack
• Bite
• Confuse Ray​
Spr_1b_031.png
Nidoqueen
Lv40 | Nickname
• Earth quake
• Strength
• Surf
• Thunder bolt​
Spr_1b_097.png
Hypno
Lv33 | Nickname
• pound
• Hypnosis
• Disable
• Confusion​
n/a​
n/a​
n/a​
Event Log
Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm gonna suggest Ninetales, for a bit more diversity. Fire isn't something prevalent on your team at the moment, and I think it'd come in handy.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Username: Seraphimon-sama
Game: Blaze Black 2
Leader: Tate & Liza

Planned Team: Gardevoir, Liepard, Solrock, Lunatone, Bronzong and Latias (unfortunately I will have to hack in Latias, due to it not being available until after Kyurem is caught)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Dropping this challenge. At least for the time being. I may pick it up again once I have my list of challenges cut down to a reasonable number.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
Alright, sign me up: Username-Thebeast21799; Game(s): Blue, Crystal, Sapphire, Platinum, Black2. First game will be Blue. Leader: Brock. Planned team: Onix, Pinsir, Slowbro, Golem, Golbat, and Ninetails. Expect a new post soon(not 6 hrs, but soon). However, with two other challenges, this will be hard to manage, but I can pull through with this. I look forward to starting soon. :)

Berzerk!

Hey, c'mon! Get serious!
Years
Spoiler:

098_zpsa74890c0.gif

Gym Leader Roxie

Badges

Boulder_Badge_zpsdaf78689.png
Cascade_Badge_zpsb2d5c685.png

Team
336_zps3e184934.gif

Slytherin/Seviper
Lv 34 ♀
[Nature: Mild][Ability: Shed Skin]
[Dig, Crunch, Screech, Poison Tail]

088_zpscf8d513a.gif

Oil Spill/Grimer
Lv 33 ♂
[Nature: Sassy][Ability: Stench]
[Sludge, Harden, Poison Gas, Disable]

169_zps39728cf3.gif

Supersonic/Crobat
Lv33 ♂
[Nature: Bashful][Ability: Inner Focus]
[Leech Life, Wing Attack, Confuse Ray, Bite]

110_zpsf9a3ff74.gif

Toxic Fume/Weezing
Lv35 ♂
[Nature: Hasty][Ability: Levitate]
[Tackle, Poison Gas, Sludge, SelfDestruct]

125_zps21b0c797.gif

Spark Plug/Electabuzz
Lv35 ♂
[Nature: Serious][Ability: Static]
ThunderPunch, Swift, Leer, Light Screen]

1: The beginning and the realization that I've arrived in hell.

Spoiler:

Update 2: Poolside Party!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
frick, it's been a while

Dent|Black
Trio - Basic - Insect - Bolt
Quake - Jet - Freeze - Legend

Yana - Pansage - lv 66
Poppo - Pidgeot - lv 66
Fuu - Whimsicott - lv 67
Shizu - Crustle - lv 67
Rao - Basculin - lv 67
Maggyo - Stunfisk - lv 67

Struggled to beat Drayden. Struggled through Victory Road. That's where I gave up last time and would have this time if I didn't have a challenge to beat. Didn't have too rough a time with the E4. Was captivated by the story's climax. Struggled with Reshiram, struggled with N, struggled with Ghetsis. I started those battles before work without knowing you couldn't save, so I stopped partway through N's battle, went to work, finished that on my first break, started on Ghetsis, knocked out like.. one 'mon every ten minutes. So did that over lunch and second break and finished about halfway home on the bus. Left the game on for eight hours. Ridiculous. Wandered into postgame. Struggled with every single trainer encountered, got lost, collected items, was not interested in eastern Unova. Went back to Nimbasa and started exp-farming the stadiums almost every day. Just yesterday I hit the point where I'm not really struggling anymore. Thank god.

Black postgame is awful.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I forced myself to finish the challenge before I can start training my team in Pokemon White :)

And I finished it! Beating the E4 was more difficult than usual because of the team I had. But I did it :)

Here's my team when I beat Gary:

pkfrlg026.png

Raichu♀, level 53
Ability: Static
Moves: Thunderbolt, Strength, Tail Whip & Double Team

pkfrlg114.png

Tangela♂, level 53
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Giga Drain, Double-Edge, Toxic & Vine Whip

pkfrlg085.png

Dodrio♀, level 54
Ability: Early Bird