• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts! (Everything must be Pokemon Related)

Lucent

✿ border of life
Years

I missed 100 again? ;; /really needs to post here more

Girafarig's tail looks more like a Chain Chomp than Mawile's iron leaf thing.

Lucent

✿ border of life
Years

Quoth Bulbapedia: It may have been based on the Japanese legend of the futakuchi-onna, a woman with a mouth in the back of her head. The fact that it can learn various Grass-type moves may indicate a relation to a carnivorous plant, similar to Carnivine.

I'm still with ya on the ragdoll thing, though.

Lucent

✿ border of life
Years

I remember reading up on the futakuchi-onna, but never thought Mawile was based after it.

What's interesting about the origins of most Pokemon is that none of them really have the same exact origin. I mean, Blastoise is based on a tortoise of some sort, but Torterra is based on the world turtle thing from an origin story or something like that.

angel

Kairi's Nobody
Years

I wouldn't think they'd make two pokemon from the same thing, same speices but different type yes. Like there are a lot of pokemon based of birds but different types. And theres also pokemon made from Cryptids, like Lapras is based off the legend of The Lockness Monster.

Lucent

✿ border of life
Years

And a whole bunch of the Dragons are based off of some sort of Dragon~

Mythology, Religion... Pokemon catches 'em all.

Lucent

✿ border of life
Years

"Goth" Tower? You mean Gochiruzeru, or an actual tower in-game? XD

Quoth Bulbapedia: Sableye is a stylization of the Hopkinsville Goblin, a creature from an alleged Kentucky "alien encounter" described as having shining eyes, small legs, clawed arms and swaying hips (a movement that Sableye does indeed imitate in the 3-D Pokémon games). The Hopkinsville aliens are most famous in Japan, where they have appeared in other anime and video games.

Lucent

✿ border of life
Years

I haven't either. I had to go on Bulbapedia and look up "Gochimu" (or "Gothimu" as it's now called) since I remember that one.

...I can kind of see that. It's just like these guys:
Spr_5b_615.png

remind me of Final Fantasy monsters. And it can learn SOLARBEAM naturally? Holy crap.

Back