• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Player Customization

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
No it hasn't...we only get to choose between three different similar characters that have different hair/skin tone.

It is confirmed. They've showed us pictures and told us that you can customize your character so other players can differ other people from each other. Also you could see yourself while playing as the female character and see her as your rival and they both had different clothes and hairstyles. The male rival didn't have his hat but the male player did have his hat with his sunglasses and the skin/hair tone is just the first step where you can choose how you want your tone with your hair and skin to be.

If you don't believe me then here you have the video that GF did upload on their Pokemon channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrL3I38VO3o

Last edited:

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Really? All I'd seen/heard of is the three different character appearances you can choose from. Well, that makes a big difference. Thanks for the link, I'm definitely going to check it out because like I said, all I've seen is the few different appearances you can choose from.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
What?In Pokemon x y site it says that we will be able to purchase clothes and accessories for our characters.
Even in the PSS picture you can see how diverse the customization is.

There are two NPC pictures on it as well so NPC avatars are still possible for Wifi Trade/represenation
june_new_p2_01.jpg
Third one in Passerby is the new Lass avatar. Second one in Friends may be a new NPC as well. Honestly, it has potential but diversity doesn't really seem there. If there are more real comboes added in, that'll be cool, but potential of NPC avatars take away from diversity of player customization.

It is confirmed. They've showed us pictures and told us that you can customize your character so other players can differ other people from each other. Also you could see yourself while playing as the female character and see her as your rival and they both had different clothes and hairstyles. The male rival didn't have his hat but the male player did have his hat with his sunglasses and the skin/hair tone is just the first step where you can choose how you want your tone with your hair and skin to be.

If you don't believe me then here you have the video that GF did upload on their Pokemon channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrL3I38VO3o

NPC versions aren't the same so they aren't worth mentioning with PC customization. Serena and Yvonne are two different characters otherwise they wouldn't have two different names. Same with Calem and Xavier. They may look alike, but that doesn't make them the same character with different customization.

Really? All I'd seen/heard of is the three different character appearances you can choose from. Well, that makes a big difference. Thanks for the link, I'm definitely going to check it out because like I said, all I've seen is the few different appearances you can choose from.

On Pokemon.com they do say that at certain points you can buy new accessories for your character.
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/characters/heroes/
Third picture with the male looking in the mirror, caption says:
At certain points you'll be able to get new outfits and accessories for your trainer.

Other than outfits and possibly hats as shown by the PSS, I don't think there will be any other changes to the preset differences.

The Local Joke

Trubbish in the Classroom
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
This, combined with the global release, makes the Pokemon world almost magical in the way that people interact. It's going to be so great to get immersed, dressed up in your own personal style, with your own personal party, to meet and interact with other people who have done things differently. Diversity is NEVER a bad thing in a video game, as long as there's balance. Hopefully there won't be some hat that gives double attack or something ridiculous like that.

Now I'm rambling... Sorry.

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
it would be awesome if we get a town just for customization with hairdresser cloths shop and etc

Years
I am guessing not, but I wonder if GF is going to allow for customization of the trainer's body type (height/weight/muscle). It's nice to see skin color be customizable now. It feels much more inclusive.

Years
It would be nice if they would allow us to go that far, but I'm not expecting anything past skin color/clothing accessories really. u_u;

Yeah I think the same too, hair/skin color and clothing seems enough imo. However I'll probably be using Serena's default design as my character anyway because it heavily resembles my own appearance irl.

Callīope1

█ uranianUmbra
Years
I think height/weight is something that they wouldn't bother doing, because the little sprites all have the same build, and you wouldn't even see it except maybe during battles. xD Though, I'm just enjoying that we get any sort of customization at all.

Years
They actually have a diversity of builds.

15-pokemon-x-y-5.jpg

I could see them having pre-selections for these options like: very tall, tall, medium, short, very short. Rather than a sliding scale.

But, it looks like they won't given the screenshot shows each custom character having the same size face and shoulders, but maybe they are holding out on us? Probably not though :(

Nakala Pri

I best so! Or maybe it may just be the start, you know, where the mom calls you down because your friends are waiting for something... lotsa possibility's...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
They actually have a diversity of builds.

15-pokemon-x-y-5.jpg

I could see them having pre-selections for these options like: very tall, tall, medium, short, very short. Rather than a sliding scale.

But, it looks like they won't given the screenshot shows each custom character having the same size face and shoulders, but maybe they are holding out on us? Probably not though :(

Maybe this is the big scoop that is coming.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
I don't think the character costumization will be so advanced. We'll have to wait another 5 generations.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I sure hope so, I'm surprised GameFreak would wait this long to allow players to do that. I hope it's liek an Animal Crossing thing because that will be very fun. :]

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
Character Customization

Ethnicity:
So, I was looking around on the X/Y website, and there is THESE pictures there:
Bw9QnVU.png

rJvWhEc.png

I'm starting to wonder whether your choice of ethnicity will affect your opposite gender-rival's ethnicity as well, but most of all, what are your thoughts on the new choices? I like them, personally. Also, which ethnicity will you choose, I know some people will choose theirs in real life, and some people will choose default, and some people, who knows XD.

Outfit:
So, you can change your outfit. Just read the bottom.
FigRM1a.png

So basically, now we can have more customization?
AWW YEAH!!!

Right now, I'm getting super-hyped just because I already am thinking of the possible customization you can do............ <insert dreamy eyes>

So..... What do you think?
Here's what I think....
KRKRyPA.png

Back