• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I know I saw them here recently but for the life of me, I can't seem to find the offsets to the mom and pokecenter script that activate when the player's pokemon faint. Can anybody remind me what they are?

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
Years
hi ive been searching everywhere for this but i have a few questions

1 is there a way to edit the new game intro where prof birch tells you about your adventure and how you moved to littleroot town

2.is there a way to edit the script that is used when you leave the truck where your mom tells you about the town and makes you go to your room and set the clock and all that i clicked the sprite of mom at the door but it doesnt mention that just about getting a pokemon from birch and getting the running shoes(cuz if im gonna have a diff map im starting in i dont want mom to tell me about riding in the truck)

3. is there a way to change the map you start in instead of the truck( yes i ahve the starting map chooser but what i mean is can i change the map without it affecting the script

4. also i noticed that after extensively modifying my pokemon hack rom the music in the background changes slightly like a beep instead of another instrument is this fixable?

also if you can pm me your answers i very seldom post in threads and when i do i tend to forget so if you could thanks in advance

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
Years

1 is there a way to edit the new game intro where prof birch tells you about your adventure and how you moved to littleroot town

2.is there a way to edit the script that is used when you leave the truck where your mom tells you about the town and makes you go to your room and set the clock and all that i clicked the sprite of mom at the door but it doesnt mention that just about getting a pokemon from birch and getting the running shoes(cuz if im gonna have a diff map im starting in i dont want mom to tell me about riding in the truck)

3. is there a way to change the map you start in instead of the truck( yes i ahve the starting map chooser but what i mean is can i change the map without it affecting the script

4. also i noticed that after extensively modifying my pokemon hack rom the music in the background changes slightly like a beep instead of another instrument is this fixable?

also if you can pm me your answers i very seldom post in threads and when i do i tend to forget so if you could thanks in advance

1. Probably easiest way is using the A-text tool.
2. Of course. Use XSE and take a look at diegoisawesome's scripting tutorial. Scripting is used to make events come to life inside of games. Without it, you just have maps.
3. I'm not qualified to answer this
4. Or this.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years

1) A-text, hex editor, XSE. Your pick.

2) It is in the header for that map. Those types of scripts are called "level scirpts" or "map scripts" and tend to run when you enter or warp into a map. You should read the level scripting tutorial here.

3) Yes. You need to use a combination of SMCA (Start Map Chooser Advance) and Truck Remover (to remove the truck moving animation at the beginning).

4) I know nothing of music hacking.

JordanB500

Years
my reply to your answers,
1. i know what to use just not the offset of the script /text

2. i opened the script for the map and it does tell how the event is started by moving into the map itself but it doesnt show any actual text unless its in an offset not used in the map itself

3. same as above it doesnt affect the script to start in another map but it makes it awkward

4. it has nothing to do with modifying the music its just that when you use advance map to edit a lot of things or use multiple tools the music sounds out of tune of course changing the music for a certain area while not considred music hacking might also be the cause as ive used many different themes for diff areas

and one extra question

5. is it possible to edit an item to make it open up the pc just an idea

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years

It's most likely because you overwrote 00 bytes where the voicegroups are located. I'm assuming that you're hacking Emerald, so be sure to use FF bytes for free space. It is fixable but you will have to erase data that you placed in the 0x600000s. Open up a clean Emerald ROM in a hex editor and copy the data from 0x600000-0x6FFFFF and paste write it in your modified Emerald ROM at 0x600000.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 7, 2013
@chrunch

I've seen that before and it didn't help that much. I have a problem with my games. When I got them in VBA and saved then came back to play it it was very glitchy and slow. How do I get that to stop happening? I put it on Flash 128K. Can someone here help me with that and please explain patching files because I heard that you need to do that for some hacks. Thanks.

JordanB500

Years
thanks i almost crashed my hacked emerald rom because of issues with space and all that im still kinda new also how do i tell if the maps ive mad are using a specific offset or not? and i ahve another question i used a modifyed sample of a script that i got from a thread on pokecommunity i tryed to compile it but even the sample script wouldnt comile kept saying "Unknown value in IF (Value must be integer)" so i was wondering is there a way to fix this script also idk if im doing this right with the modified script i want to be able to trade 10 ultra balls for a masterball

#org 0x86B475C
checkflag 0x201
if B_True goto $GotBall
checkitem 0x2
compare LASTRESULT 10
if B_<< goto $NoUltra
message $WantBall
$WantBall 1 = Oh, You have ten Ultra Balls.\pIf you want i can trade you a MasterBall \lfor ten of your UltraBalls...\pWhat do you say?
boxset 5
compare LASTRESULT 10
if B_FALSE goto $DontGet
giveitem 0x1 1
removeitem 0x2 10
Release
end

#ORG $GotBall
Lock
Faceplayer
message $Likeballs
$Likeballs 1 = Smart Choice!
boxset 6
release
end

#ORG $NoUltra
Lock
Faceplayer
message $ugotnoballs
$ugotnoballs 1 = Oh, you... dont have ten Ultra Balls!?\lCome back when you get ten!!/p and ill give ya something good!!
boxset 6
release
end

#ORG $DontGet
Lock
Faceplayer
message $badchoice
$badchoice 1 = its your loss!!\nI guess ill be keeping these for myself.
boxset 6
release
end

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
@chrunch

I've seen that before and it didn't help that much. I have a problem with my games. When I got them in VBA and saved then came back to play it it was very glitchy and slow. How do I get that to stop happening? I put it on Flash 128K. Can someone here help me with that and please explain patching files because I heard that you need to do that for some hacks. Thanks.
You need to download a program called Lunar IPS and a clean firered ROM (or whatever the base ROM is for whatever you want to play), along with the .ips file for your hack. Open up Lunar IPS and select "Apply IPS Patch". select your IPS file, then your ROM. Your ROM is now patched.

I'm not sure what you mean about saving though, that shouldn't be happening. Are you using save states or the ingame save feature?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 7, 2013
I am using in game save. What should I be using? And do I need to unzip files? Do you do that by extracting them?

I have a problem with my games. When I got them in VBA and saved then came back to play it it was very glitchy and slow. The music was messed up too and it was going slowly when it worked fine on the first go. I also do not see the saved file on the game but the same problem happens. How do I get that to stop happening? I put it on Flash 128K. How do you save on them? I am using in game save. What should I be using? And do I need to unzip files? Do you do that by extracting them? Please help, I will be extremely greatful if you do. I am a beginner in this so please explain everything the best you can. Thank you.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I am using in game save. What should I be using? And do I need to unzip files? Do you do that by extracting them?

I have a problem with my games. When I got them in VBA and saved then came back to play it it was very glitchy and slow. The music was messed up too and it was going slowly when it worked fine on the first go. I also do not see the saved file on the game but the same problem happens. How do I get that to stop happening? I put it on Flash 128K. How do you save on them? I am using in game save. What should I be using? And do I need to unzip files? Do you do that by extracting them? Please help, I will be extremely greatful if you do. I am a beginner in this so please explain everything the best you can. Thank you.

This is my VBA settings to save in-game in any ROMs.
Spoiler:

And here's a link for you to learn how to deal with patches.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
When I was playing my Pokemon evolved at level 16 but when I checked its stats it reverted back to level 13. Wat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back