• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Should N be playable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I don't think so. He has a lot of fanbase, but he also has a lot of potential personality. If you made him your character, he wouldn't talk, and it wouldn't really work. Plus it wouldn't really make any sense.

TheFallenUmbreon

Dreams shall never fall...
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
It would be interesting to play as him. We could learn some things about him that weren't included in Black and White. I'm just not sure if he has a long role story.

Years
I.. don't think so, at all xD He's an interesting rival, but at the end of the day, that's like asking "Should Wally be playable?" or "Should Blue be playable?". It'd be different, but... there's no real reason to make it so, as it'd be straying from the fact that the person you play as never speaks or anything.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I adore N, but I don't think he'd make a good playable character. Mainly due to the fact that the main character doesn't talk; this wouldn't suit N at all! Whilst it would be cool to be him at some point, I think he's better off being either a rival or another character in the game that you'll get to interact with and watch develop rather than someone you can play as. :3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Although this is a more appropriate game to play N as opposed to playing as him in an RS remake like you suggested, I agree with what's been said. N is a great character and making him the playable character takes away from his personality and you wouldn't get to hear anything from him since the playable character never talks. You give personality to the playable character by the team you chose, their moves, how you play the game, etc. N has a personality already. Why play as him and take that away from him?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Agreeing with Syd here, N has his own story and events that shouldn't be blown off by being playable and silent just like all of the other protagonists. I'd rather be able to battle him and have the sequels finish his story, than to be him and finish it off ourselves.

Years
Well, technically, who ever said that N HAD to be silent? Yes, yes, hit me with that "traditional Pokemon protagonist silent personality" stuff. Yes it would be different. Yes, it might mess up things. However, if Game Freak found out a way to work this out then I would like that. It would add a lot of content if this happened. Sure you might be startled to find a text box with actual words instead of the regular-
".... ....... ..... ..... .... .... .... ..... ...
.... .... .... ...... ..... ..... ... .... ......"
but hey, it would be intriguing to see this-
"Yeah I'm N and haters gonna hate me and my beautiful Rubix Cube."
No wait, THIS-
"So I planned to show the world who I, N, wanted for the innocent Pokemon of this world."
This could be Post-Game like a sort of flashback for N. Or a Wi-Fi event as Magmaruby and Aquasapphire said. Or some random event in the game.
Also, if this was for the whole game then no. I just want to see this as extra content, not for the whole game.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
I could see it as some sort of flashback thing....Actually, I can definitely see GAME FREAK sticking it in there briefly as something caused by a Pokemon, like Musharna made your character, like, see N's past or something....GAME FREAK seems to be fond of Pokemon doing random things like that, and they did a vaguely similar thing with Munna....?

One long ridiculous sentence....

Nairda801

Nairda Rose
Years
IMO part of the charms of Pokemon is that your team can be anything you want, and part of N's charm is that his team is always fluid reflecting the locations natural fauna. It would make N less special.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
I would love to play as N but I know it would kill his story. He is the real spice of BW and turning him into our marionette who can't talk would be pretty sad. It would have more sense if the game plot wasn't about becoming a champion and catching'em all.

Years
Naa, I think the whole point of the Pokemon games is you play someone unknown and most people pretend to be themselves. I think it adds restrictions if they make it a known character.

Also, it is more of a spin off to play as N.​

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
While N won't be playable, that doesn't mean this thread should be locked. This is about whether N would make a good player character, which he most likely would not. At least for B2/W2.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
Hmmm, well i don't know if we see N again after the credit's roll. But IMHO, i wouldn't mind playing N.

I mean, really, how many of you honestly believe that just because no chat bubble pops up, that our character never actually speaks a word to anyone. Granted it's not scripted, it's just assumed.

Yes, i must agree with everyone that N has quite the personality, and story! But maybe that would be half of the fun in and of itself! Finding out more about his story, his interactions, maybe meet other members of his family!

I think everyone say's NO because N has been one of their favorite personalities. And they don't want to mess that up. But I'd say GO FOR IT!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Am I the only one who didn't like N? It was certainly interesting that he had such a tortured backstory, but none of that really endeared me to him, if I'm being honest. So, I don't think he should be playable either... but I guess I'm less sorry for that fact than most people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back