• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Are you playing B2W2 on 3DS?

You play B2W2 on...

• Nintendo DS

Votes: 38 21.5%
  • Nintendo 3DS

Votes: 112 63.3%
  • Both

Votes: 27 15.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I'm mainly playing BW2 on my DS (alternating between the original DS and DS lite, depending on which one is easier to get to/has more battery life left). I have a 3DS, but it doesn't keep its charge too long, and at the moment, I prefer to use it for 3DS-exclusive games (and use one of my DS systems for DS games).

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Yesterday I thought of playing White 2 on my 3DS, since it could be more comfortable for me not to be switching between both consoles (DS and 3DS) every time I wanted to play a DS or 3DS game... as soon as I started White 2, I remembered why I wasn't playing any DS game on it... yes, they look quite bad and I can't stand it.

So, I'm wondering, do you play B2/W2 on your 3DS? Or you prefer doing it on DS/DSi because of the bad look of the games on 3DS?

I'm actually strongly considering buying a DS Lite, because DS games look really bad on the 3DS screen. I wish Nintendo had forgone 3D in favour of doubling the resolution, because that way DS games would look just as crisp. But, gimmicks sell I guess! I also want a DS Lite because the 3DS's battery life is horrible. The standby is so amazingly bad.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
no dont have a 3ds but i want one for the dream radar so i can catch Landorus, Thundurus, and Tornadus Therian Formes.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
It won't so much be a gimmick when X and Y come out.

The standby time seems to be remedied by turning wireless off, by the way.

Uh, no, it's not going to be less of a gimmick when X and Y come out. There isn't anything in X and Y that needs to be in stereoscopic 3D. The only game I have seen that actually benefits functionally from 3D is Super Mario 3D Land, and that's only in a few areas. Pokemon X and Y aren't going to vindicate Nintendo's penchant for gimmicks in any way.

I always have wireless off unless I want to use the e-shop, and then I turn it off right after. The standby is still pathetic. I can't even leave it on standby overnight without it being dead when I wake up. I could leave my PS Vita on standby for over a month and I could still play a game for an hour when I finally use it again.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
My grandma bought me 3DS XL today, I'm now playing it on my 3DS White and also at times Black 2... I will give my DS Lite to my little sister.

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
on 3DS, because to afford one I had to trade in my beloved DSi XL, but I honestly don't notice the drop in quality much

blue

gucci
Years
I first began playing on my DS Lite but since they have introduced X & Y I'm trying to familiarize myself with controls of the 3DS.

Years
I play on my 3DS. It's either my first DS with scratches all over the bottom screen or the clean 3DS.

Also, I don't see how it makes the games look bad, they look just fine.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
I play on my 3DS XL, I do have my DSi still but reeally don't see what's up with how it looks on there. Not to mention it was an expensive Christmas present, damn straight I'll be getting the use out of it!

BlockedHeart

Pokemon Master
Years
Play mine on my 3DS XL without the Start + Select trick and although the pixelation can be a little unnerving sometimes... I love the feel of the 3DS XL and how large the spread between your hands and the screen is, perfect sized console no matter what the resolution. Haven't had a real problem with it yet.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Yeah, I play BW 2 on the 3ds. I only have a 3ds now. My DS lite's broken, and my DSi, I gave it to my little sister.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yep, playing it on the 3DS. Basically bought one to play B2, and for anything else I might buy. I love how crisp it is, even when stretched to fit the screen.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
DSi XL all the way. I only use my 3DS XL (I'm a sucker for big screens) for DS games when I'm trading between my own versions as I don't like the blurry picture (or else the small picture if booting the game in native DS resolution), washed out colours and tinnier sound that the 3DS gives you when playing in DS mode.

Student D1

De-Wott?
Years
I play it on both my Nintendo DS Lite and my Nintendo 3DS; but I mostly play it on my 3DS since I feel comfortable playing it there, and I also have the Pokémon Dream Radar app. In order to send the items and Pokémon I got from the Dream Radar, of course I need the game inserted on my 3DS.

Anyways, whereas for the DS Lite, I play it there if I'm recharging my 3DS. The DS Lite has longer battery life, considering I use it at the lowest bright setting and with no sounds. The graphics are also better, since it's not stretched like in the 3DS (I wonder how it looks like if it were in the 3DS XL :shocked:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back