• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [Speculation Thread] Zygarde's alternate form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taiji Dragon

Lately there has been many speculations and theories that Zygarde is going to either receive an alternate form or a mega evolution. Since the fourth generation third mascot legendaries have recieved an alternate form in the third game. Zygarde is relatively weak to it's counterparts Xerneas and Yveltal with it having BSTof 600 and it's counterparts 680. Sure it has Aura Break and Land's Wrath but 600 is too low.

What do you guys think? Will it recieve an alternate form by item or by mega stone? If so will it be something that stands for itself or something related to the other two mascots? Like X and Y forms

Years
I think it is about as close to a guarantee as possible. It may not be a Mega Stone since there are no Megas for any gen 6 pokemon. But Possibly something like Gen 5 with a fusion with Xerneas or Yveltal. But it will get some boost to counteract its weak stat totals.

AshtheIVth

I want Kingdom Hearts 3 now!!
Years
I think a fusion with Xerneas or Yveltal would be a pretty cool way to go, could you imagine a Dragon/Fairy type Zygarde with Xerneas' feet and horns, or a Dragon/Dark type with Yveltal's wings and tail? Although I would be ok with an alternate form as well, like with Giratina, I think a fusion idea would draw people in better. As far as a mega evo for Zygarde i would have to say no, except mewtwo, i dont think any other legendary has one so i think players would then want a mega evo for all legendaries. But could you imagine Lugia's mega evo...whoa...Lol :)

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Gosh, no more fusions please. It'll be so unoriginal.

I'd think he will be sleeker since he was supposedly to be quite quick, right? Probably increasing his speed stats for his alternate.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I definitely think it will, because according to its Pokédex entry, it apparently has some form of a "secret power" which it reveals once the ecosystem is threatened. In our third installment, we might have something causing this event, which would wind up involving Zygarde into the storyline somehow and have it showcase its secondary form and whatnot. How would it look? I would expect it to be similar to Rayquaza, but only with a bulkier body. :P

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I doubt it would be a mega evo or a fusion form, but some sort of alternate form is likely. I kinda wonder if it would be a berserk, unstable Zygarde (which could be a plot point; Zygarde goes out of control and the player has to stop it). Its species name is the Order Pokemon. The opposite of that is chaos, so maybe it'll have a Chaos form.

And Zygarde isn't that bad. Aura Break is almost useless, but at least it isn't unfused Kyurem...

aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2014
I think a fusion with Xerneas or Yveltal would be a pretty cool way to go, could you imagine a Dragon/Fairy type Zygarde with Xerneas' feet and horns, or a Dragon/Dark type with Yveltal's wings and tail? Although I would be ok with an alternate form as well, like with Giratina, I think a fusion idea would draw people in better. As far as a mega evo for Zygarde i would have to say no, except mewtwo, i dont think any other legendary has one so i think players would then want a mega evo for all legendaries. But could you imagine Lugia's mega evo...whoa...Lol :)

Both Latias and Latios have mega stones (albeit the have virtually the same design) its still resonable to think it could get a mega evolution. Keep in mind they said they're no 6th gen megas in X and Y they never said anything about a future installment.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I really hope that Zygarde's alternate form(s) will not be a fusion with Xerneas of Yveltal. I think this is something that made Kyurem pretty unique. It caught us all by surprise when we learned about the very first pokemon fusions and how it came about with the gene splicers, and how specific parts of Kyurem's anatomy played into it. Also Kyurem was implied as being a hollowed leftover shell of the former heroes' dragon before it split. There are no implications that Zygarde is like this, and so fusions would just be forcing an unnecessary tradition which already used-up its surprise value.

Looking at Giratina-Origin: it has to hold a specific item in order to change forms. This item cannot be knocked off/tricked. In many ways, Giratina-Origin can be thought of as a prototype for the idea of mega evolutions. This is why I believe a mega stone for Zygarde is a huge possibility. We already know that legendaries can receive mega evolutions, and that mega evolutions is what Kalos has been emphasizing. To make some Chaos Orb (Griseous Orb v2.0) would be inconsistent and a waste of the mega evolution hype which XY has been building.

Continuation of argument, with spoilers regarding hidden event pokemon:
Spoiler:

Taiji Dragon

At a beginning I would have just love for it to stay in it's current form. I think it looks cool just the way it is. However when I saw it's low stats I said: This thing needs a stronger form. If it was like Rayquaza from the very beginning it would have been cool. On the other hand imagining a bulkier form was also interesting to think about. I would love if it's transformation was something that would make Zygarde more Zygarde not more like Xerneas or Yveltal. Considering that it is the Order pokemon it must mean that it manages both life and destruction. If it's alternate form would have somethong to do with the other two. I would like for it to be just a bigger version of itself still retaining it's green coloration and it's snake like form. But perhaps with a red and blue aura and with power to use Oblivion Wing and Geomancy. I don't know I went a little crazy back there. Or just something that powers up his ground typing. As for how it will recieve his alt form I believe that it's going to be related with mega stones either if it's an item like Giratina or by it's own mega stone. In both cases I imagine a sphere with red and blue energy.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I can see another form perhaps but I really can't see there being a Mega Stone for it. But you never know!

I could imagine in it's new form, it could gain some wings or limbs. I'm kinda hoping for a Dunsparce kind of look. A bug with large wings. Hopefully moth like wings. That would look neat to me. o:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think if they do a MegaEvolution it should be just one, and has a boost of at least 120 to give it a total of 720, stronger than Garchomp (,Tyranitar,and Kyurem's formes). I imagine it becoming bigger and the green glow it has increasing with something like a green sphere on it's chest where it stores it's power.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
The main reason that I think it'll get an alternate form is it's just too ugly to put on a cover, it's a blob, they're going to make it look like some crazy dragon before they put it on a cover. (There's no way it would sell to anyone but the dedicated audience...which is a lot of people but still)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I think a Mega-Evolution or Fusion is rather unlikely, if he gets a new form then probably like Giratina. Im not sure why, but i think a Mega-form would be too much, and fusions were fitting for the 5th Gen Legends, but not the Kalos ones

Years
Yeah, the Gen V legends looked like Mechas so them fusing didn't seem as strange, but these legends look more organic, so they may look strange fused...more so than Kyurem's mecha looking formes did...

Years
Well the Griphon is a hybrid like creature more than a forced fusion, but I see your point.

If they do fusion I hope it's just one piece, like say Xerneas' antlers (maybe a platinum color instead of gold and with the full actual 7 colors ROYGBIV), and Yvetal's wings (but green instead of red) instead of a mix like with Kyurem... Perhaps they should only make one...a giant winged serpent that looks like an actual chinese dragon (deer antlers, mustache, and fish scales) but with wings...

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
I feel that Zygarde's low BST, in addition to the introduction of Mega-Evolution this generation and how that was weaved into the plot, guarantees that Zygarde gets a Mega. They'll be able to make it slightly overpowered stat and move-wise because it can only hold a Mega Stone.

I'm feeling something super cheesy happening though. The ecosystem is threatened, the life force of the planet is threatened by Xerneas and Yveltal fighting (they're somehow borrowing it from the planet and using it against each other), and then all the living creatures raise up their hands to lend their energy to Zygarde, who creates a Spirit Bomb Mega Stone out of it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I do not think it is a mega stone.

Pokemon X Dex Entry:
When the Kalos region's ecosystem falls into disarray, it appears and reveals its secret power.

I think it was confirmed that no 6th gen pokemon would get any mega this generation. I can't remember where, but I am pretty sure it was an interview. The secrete power could be its ability, buy I do not know. To me, I just think it will be something new or just a new form like Girtina's. I do not think it will be a fusion, because it is already a complete pokemon. Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyreum were all one pokemon at one time, plus the theme of BW was Yin and Yang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back