• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Kris vs. Lyra? Who Do You Prefer?

Kris or Lyra?

• Kris

Votes: 96 70.6%
  • Lyra

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Both

Votes: 14 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I know, I know, I know that they're not the same person. But they really, really should be, I mean, I know technically Kris didn't exist for Gold and Silver- which are ultimately the ones that were remade. But when such obvious influences of Crystal are present in HeartGold and SoulSilver, I absolutely think that Kris should have been the female protagonist in HGSS.
Lyra is obviously based on Kris anyway; even though her name is Lyra, that's just because Pokémon hasn't done the name-characters-after-the-game thing since.. Well, since Red and Blue. So I'm still going to keep insisting that Lyra is just a poorly represented Kris. And so I'm absolutely fine with the both of them. :P

Pokemon_Trainer_Danny

Slateport resident
Years
Kris, without a doubt. I was really upset when I saw the trainer renders of HG/SS for the first time, learning that she had been replaced. Was it really necessary? Kris wasn't just a character, she was a statement. You could finally play as a female character in Pokémon. And they just cast her aside, and we haven't heard from her since. Sad. :(

Years
Kris. Lyra seems entirely out of place and her outfit looks like something a six year old girl would wear. On the other hand, Kris is a cool, level-headed rival with a fiery passion to become a successful Pokemon trainer. To add on to the pros column, her design looks better, and would've looked amazing in HGSS. Unfortunately, that dream won't become a reality :[

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Kris all the way. I was disappointed when I didn't see the blue hair and so I chose Gold instead. Lyra sucks.

Years
This thread hasn't had a post since March so it's considered a dead thread; sorry about that, guys. I guess none of the higher staff have seen it until now. :( Feel free to remake it if an active thread on this doesn't already exist!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back