• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • A reminder that our new forum software has 2FA! It can be accessed by clicking your username and then "Password and security" from the menu. We strongly suggest not reusing passwords for your online accounts and enabling 2FA if possible.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
ya i agree pls change back sprite

pokeemergency.png

smilewolfy

pokemon photographer
Years
route twenty, after the pikachu forest, alot should be changed to make it look more interesting, and more pokecentres, after beta 3 is released of course
and nice back sprite
edit: my fave rotes are the ones between celadon city and fushia city

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2011
I know you might get this a lot, but I can't save with version 2.5z. Please, if you have enough time to, help me. Please

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
My jaw just dropped after seeing that back sprite...metapod you outdid yourself xDDD

Thanks! :)

Update: For the next Beta, I've decided to make Electric not very effective against Ground rather than have no effect. I'll be adding the Ground types back to Geodude, Onix, and Rhyhorn families.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2022
Oh my god, how long I have been waiting for this moment I cannot say. Truly my biggest anticipation will be playing the movie section you've added. I know you'll probably have plans to redo it as you have before with other beta's but still I am excited as hell! Great job Metapod way to pull through. Also awesome ass back sprite!

To express how excited I am I will repeat that paragraph in Irish Slang:

Ah jaysus, 'oy long oi 'av been waitin' for dis moment oi cannot say. truly me biggest anticipashun 'ill be playin' de movie secshun you've added. oi nu you'll proobably 'av plans ter redo it as yer 'av before wi' other beta's but still scon are excited as 'ell! deadly job metapod way ter pull through. also awesum arse back sprite!

zumba

Skyline
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
can someone help me when this beta comes out. i dont wanna lose my progress and i know your not suppose to double patch. so can someone please help me in plain english and no science talk lol because im not the smartest of ppl.

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2011
OMG metapod the backsprite looks amazing what you did is great ;D you really put a lot of effort into this hack :D

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Thanks! :)

Update: For the next Beta, I've decided to make Electric not very effective against Ground rather than have no effect. I'll be adding the Ground types back to Geodude, Onix, and Rhyhorn families.
I suppose that requires ASM skills, am I right? :D
And your Ash's backsprite is AWESOME!

So that thing just answered special question so you guys listen carefully:
DO NOT try to continue with your progress from beta 2.5!
By changing backsprite of main character you guys need to start over, otherwise it might corrupt your previous ROM.

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2011
Ash493 [B said:
DO NOT try to continue with your progress from beta 2.5![/B]
By changing backsprite of main character you guys need to start over, otherwise it might corrupt your previous ROM.

hey thanks that answered one of my biggest questions thanks man :D

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
with the new typing brock is gonna be even harder xD. if you've played that far yet, is he really hard?

I brought Onix back down to level 14 (from 16) and Geodude to 12 (from 14) to make it easier. You still need some luck, though (although every time I play it, it seems like the Rain effect causes Onix to be para-haxed quite a bit, but it might just have to do with the trainer battle game mechanics and the AI level or something).

Also, for those curious, I'll update the beta testing progress in the "Episodes to Be Completed" section in the first post.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
Metapod i have a question for you. ;)
Can you change the Sprite for the Samurai , in episode "Challenge of the Samurai" ? :)

Back