• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
2012-03-22235823.jpg

HOLY. FREAKING. HELL!!!!!!! (trying to curb my swearing here, you'll find out in a sec) MARCH MADNESS HAS FINALLY DESCENDED UPON ME!!! SO MUCH SO I CAN BARELY TYPE!!!!!

ahem......................

ok, now that i calmed down a little, i can tell you my story. So, as ive told most of you, mainly in the chat, that i usually change where i hunt every week. so this week, im in Eterna Forest in Pearl, hunting in my BulkDS with Ruby inserted so i can also see Seedot. Well, today, i got home from College, or Uni as most people call it, sat down for a bit and started encountering and watching TV/Youtube. well, i stopped for a bit to go out and do some yardwork (80 degrees on march 22nd. where the heck is the snow?) for about 3 hours, went and paid for some new contacts, then came home and rested and relaxed, continuing hunting while watching Youtube Vids. well, my BulkDS finally died on me, with no shiny to be seen, so i figured, "meh why not hunt in SS for a while before i got to bed in about an hour" figuring i'll see fails until i decide to turn off my game. While i was watching a Nerd Alert Song Parody of Rebecca Black's "Friday", link for those who wanna watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&feature=iv&src_vid=lskNTCzdLNE&v=jzq2O54LLIw, this dude decided to appear!!! So, yes, that means that in about an hour, i found a shiny! I now have the Venonat line without even trying!!! Yes, i still want my friggen Abra, but now ill do it in FireRed's GameCorner. Second Pic, as always:

2012-03-22235929.jpg

im not sure where to go next, but i do still have x5 Kabuto and the Enigma Stone Lati to reset for, so i may do them, OR i may go somewhere else to RE. as of yet, i am not sure

Edit: the decision is made. i will be heading to Route 11 in Kanto, as i have none (baring the evolutions of Rattata and Magnemite) of the Pokes that are here

Last edited:

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
i found a shiny!
Shiny Exeggcute appeared

Congrats! Sorry to hear about your BulkDS Keruso, but Venonat's a very nice shiny!

i have 2 shinies i will traded any of them 1 shiney galvantula 1 shiney clefary no action repay i play on a 3ds and i hate cheats any way i woul like a zorua non shiney today would be good. 23/3/2012

Not the place for this. If you would like to make small trades like these, please use this thread. Reported.

As for my own hunts, Viridian Forest still at 2921, and I finally got around to counting Eevee, I have hatched a grand total of 60 Eevee in just over one week. Phew.

Good luck everyone!

P.S. Anyone coming on the chat anytime soon?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Hey guys! Can I join? Been really interested in shinys lately.

I dont have many... only a shiny Marill in Sapphire and shiny Umbreon in Platinum.

Today I started trying out the masuda method, trying to hatch a shiny Snorunt. So far hatched about 30 eggs. Hoping he hatches soon!

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
Whelp, had a pretty major disaster today as far as shiny hunting goes.

If anyone remembers a while ago when my pokemon white gave me the "save data could not be read message" and I lost all my shinies that were on that game but luckily I had all but 4 of them backed up on another game, The same thing happened today with the game my clone backups were on...

Long story short, this means apart from the blaziken clone on fire red, the treecko clone on Pokemon XD, and the shiny poochyena I never got round to trading off my japanese sapphire (thank the gods for small mercies) I have lost every single shiny I've ever had in the 3rd and 4th gen.

Every.Single.One

So yeah, from a total of almost 20 shinies I now stand at a grand total of 5, Needless to say my reclaim quest has just grown exponentially

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Whelp, had a pretty major disaster today as far as shiny hunting goes.

If anyone remembers a while ago when my pokemon white gave me the "save data could not be read message" and I lost all my shinies that were on that game but luckily I had all but 4 of them backed up on another game, The same thing happened today with the game my clone backups were on...

Long story short, this means apart from the blaziken clone on fire red, the treecko clone on Pokemon XD, and the shiny poochyena I never got round to trading off my japanese sapphire (thank the gods for small mercies) I have lost every single shiny I've ever had in the 3rd and 4th gen.

Every.Single.One

So yeah, from a total of almost 20 shinies I now stand at a grand total of 5, Needless to say my reclaim quest has just grown exponentially

Sorry to hear that happened. Are you giving up your reclaim quest now? If not, good luck!
Wow, I haven't been here in a while.

How is everyone?

WB Fufu! We're all pretty good, although I'd be even better if Pikachu (3100) decided to show.

My own hunts, Viridian Forest 3100 REs, Eevee hasn't changed since my last update. After Viridian I think I'll head to route 28 in Kanto, or maybe do some SRing on Articuno, I don't know.

See ya everyone!

Years
Hello! :D

I have been shiny hunting just as much lately, just not posting. But I still read all the posts :)

I'm at 4415 Ho-oh SRs, 2332 Kyurem SRs and 1378 Giratina SRs. 8125! I'm heading towards the odds slowly but surely!
Yay for shinies XD

Congrats on Exeggcute (Spelling?!), Venonat and any other shinies I missed ;D

TSE

Years
Just a bit of an update.

Sapphire: Something off of route 114. Hoping for swablu, seviper and surskit (what luck that would be!) but I'm fine with a lotad/lombre 1,000ish REs?

Firered: Tangela, but not a priority 500ish REs?

Heartgold: Slugma 1,500 + eggs?

Right now I'm hoping for slugma so I can continue HS

Congrats to the exeggcute, the marill/umbreon the venonat and any others I might have missed. Sorry about the lost 15. I bow my head in a moment of silence. Good luck to everyone!

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
I'm still hatching Caterpie, I'm over 270 eggs I think? I'm hoping this one shines soon! Also, congrats on all the shinies everyone got! Keruso, I am so jealous. Lol. I love shiny Venonat. I actually started hunting it a while back but paused it when I started hunting Charmander. I have way too many paused hunts.
You are correct! If you wish to hunt using the best method in existence this way, the odds are, in generation IV, 1/1639, and in Gen V,
1/1366. Good luck!
Actually, the Generation IV odds are 1/2048. :]

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
OMG OMG OMG.... SHINY CHARMANDER AFTER 2035 EGGS

I am SO HAPPY that this finally shone the words are eluding me now I can't describe it. I see you guys and your shines and now I have my first successfully hunted shiny. I decided not to nickname him and he is now a Charizard. He has a Jolly nature which is good cause it raises speed, but it sucks cause it lowers Sp Atk. It was weird cause I was using an everstone trick with a Timid nature, but not one egg in that set had a Timid nature
So anyway I found it at 9:45 EST this is my shiny for the Yearly Quest, the shiny Starter leg of the Quest, I will probably move onto SRing for Ho-oh next for the Legendary Shiny leg of the Quest

Last edited:
Years

I am SO HAPPY that this finally shone the words are eluding me now I can't describe it. I see you guys and your shines and now I have my first successfully hunted shiny. I decided not to nickname him and he is now a Charizard. He has a Jolly nature which is good cause it raises speed, but it sucks cause it lowers Sp Atk. It was weird cause I was using an everstone trick with a Timid nature, but not one egg in that set had a Timid nature
So anyway I found it at 9:45 EST this is my shiny for the Yearly Quest, the shiny Starter leg of the Quest, I will probably move onto SRing for Ho-oh next for the Legendary Shiny leg of the Quest

Congatulations!! You finally have a shiny to call your own! I hope you get an easier hunt next time, good luck, and congrats again! :D

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

OMG CONGRATS!! WOW!! Honestly, I expected you'd give up on that, LOL.

Congatulations!! You finally have a shiny to call your own! I hope you get an easier hunt next time, good luck, and congrats again! :D

Spoiler:

YOU'RE ALIVE!! REJOICE!!

My hunts stand the same as last time.

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Machop, GolurkIsDaBomb!

Congrats on the shiny Exeggcute, Landorus!

Congrats on the shiny Venonat, Keruso! I think Venonat is one of the coolest looking shinies.

Congrats on the shiny Charmander, ArceusWhisper!

Welcome to the club, damion and Toshiro.!

I'm really sorry to hear about that, Vladimir Makarov. I hope things improve for you. Good luck on your reclaim quest!

Random.org isn't working right now, so I'll have to post this week's random hunt some other time.

I haven't hunted since my last update.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Just a quick update, I started hunting Giratina this morning, hoping for a quick start to my quest:

3100 Pikachu.
60± Eevee.
10 Giratina.

Random.org isn't working right now, so I'll have to post this week's random hunt some other time.

I'm sorry if this isn't allowed, but I went to Random.org and everything was working fine. So I just told it to give me a random number between 1-649, figuring if I got a legendary I'd try again, and ended up with 443 (Gible). So if anyone wants to start an unofficial weekly quest, there you go. Again, sorry if this is not allowed.

Good luck y'all!

HoodieDoodie

The Electric Soldier
Years
I'm up for hunting for shinies! I did encounter a shiny golbat once, but was completely stumped by it and why it was a different colour x) Therefore I didn't catch it!

I'll probably start by looking for a shiny Pikachu or something.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
I'm up for hunting for shinies! I did encounter a shiny golbat once, but was completely stumped by it and why it was a different colour x) Therefore I didn't catch it!

I'll probably start by looking for a shiny Pikachu or something.

well, first off, welcome to the obsession.

second, dont go for a Pokemon with a shiny form that's barely noticeable. I would go for something that is a completely color than it's normal form, say Bronzor or Caterpie.

also, you should know that it usually takes a while for those stars to appear. sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 5 months

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
Well my reclaim quest is officially underway, I'm at kindle road right now REing for a new shiny ponyta, although to be completely honest I won't refuse other shinies if they show up first :)

Wish me luck, and good luck to everyone hunting right now

Years
Hey, can I join the Shiny Hunters Club? I would really like to start a full expedition just for shinies. I currently don't have any, but i would like to be in this club. Right now I am about to hunt for a shiny Growlithe on FireRed.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
2012-03-26214941.jpg

2012-03-26215314.jpg

hello there, my naughty pink bunny!!! (yeah, that was a bad joke)

..................i really dont know what to say here now, i usually have a story to tell, but this time there's no story. Started encountering this morning, went to work, came home, sat down and continued encountering.

my next hunt on this game is Regigigas, since i have my three Regi's on this game.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I'm sorry if this isn't allowed, but I went to Random.org and everything was working fine. So I just told it to give me a random number between 1-649, figuring if I got a legendary I'd try again, and ended up with 443 (Gible). So if anyone wants to start an unofficial weekly quest, there you go. Again, sorry if this is not allowed.

That's alright, Gible it is! :) When I get a legendary I try it again, since it would be unfair to those that have already caught them.

Welcome to the club, HoodieDoodie and xShadow46!

Congrats on the shiny Buneary, Keruso!

I plan on MMing Litwick, Sandile, Horsea, Deino, and Starly this week.

HoodieDoodie

The Electric Soldier
Years
Thank you for all the welcomes guys! :]

well, first off, welcome to the obsession.

second, dont go for a Pokemon with a shiny form that's barely noticeable. I would go for something that is a completely color than it's normal form, say Bronzor or Caterpie.

also, you should know that it usually takes a while for those stars to appear. sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 5 months

Ahhh, yes I completley forgot about how Pikachu's shiny form is almost the same as his normal form. I was thinking of catching one and then evolving it into Raichu, but it still makes shiny hunting hard I guess if he doens't look much different. I may try another. Thank you for your advice, and many congratulations on your shiny Buneary! Buneary's shiny form is really nice; I think the pink pom-poms look really good.

Good luck Vladimir Makarov, finding your Ponyta!

And xShadow46, welcome to the club!

Back