• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen More than just Unova?

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
I'd love more regions. More room to do stuff = more gameplay!

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2013
Hoenn in Black 2/White 2?

Hey guys,

Seeing as how Game Freak has been making remakes of the previous generation, would do want them to include the Hoenn region in B2/W2 (like how it is in 2nd gen/using a ship system to travel between both regions), would you want them to make R/S remakes after a year of B2/W2 being released, or neither (end of remakes)?

Just made this topic to see people's opinions and I personally think it'd be cool if they do have Hoenn in B2/W2.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
Hey guys,

Seeing as how Game Freak has been making remakes of the previous generation, would do want them to include the Hoenn region in B2/W2 (like how it is in 2nd gen/using a ship system to travel between both regions), would you want them to make R/S remakes after a year of B2/W2 being released, or neither (end of remakes)?

Just made this topic to see people's opinions and I personally think it'd be cool if they do have Hoenn in B2/W2.

I'm okay with Hoenn being in BW2 as long as we still get a remake. I want to actually play through the game again. I don't care about getting Hoenn pokemon. I actually enjoyed Hoenn's story.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'd rather not see Hoenn at all. Getting through all that water back in RSE was a horrifying torture I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

But it definitely needs to stay the heck out of B2/W2. Those of us who want to play B2/W2 but don't want to suffer through Hoenn shouldn't have to choose between not buying the games at all and having to suffer through a region they don't like.

Plus tree house cities are fail.

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2013
I'm okay with Hoenn being in BW2 as long as we still get a remake. I want to actually play through the game again. I don't care about getting Hoenn pokemon. I actually enjoyed Hoenn's story.

Hey, good to see ya. I liked Hoenn's story as well as the areas (a lot of water/underwater, tropical areas, desert, etc.) and a lot of the Pokemon/Legendary Pokemon.

I'd rather not see Hoenn at all. Getting through all that water back in RSE was a horrifying torture I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

But it definitely needs to stay the heck out of B2/W2. Those of us who want to play B2/W2 but don't want to suffer through Hoenn shouldn't have to choose between not buying the games at all and having to suffer through a region they don't like.

Plus tree house cities are fail.

I didn't mind the tree house city because it was fresh/unique. I loved the idea of secret bases though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
OMG!! I can't believe there's still people thinking that Hoenn will be in B2W2, it's already conformed that it wont!

blue

gucci
Years
I wouldn't like it to be in B2W2 then it wouldn't be entitled to R/S remakes IMO, also I don't see where it can fit in based on what we've discovered, there is no mention of Hoenn and with all these new cities and frozen over Unova I think that is where these games are going to be based around. Assuming Gen 6 is coming 2014 then there's still plenty of room for remakes whether that be at the end of this year or some time in 2013, they would make more money that way and that's how Nintendo like to play.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I feel the same way, not that I don't like Hoenn as much as that I just love Unova. I want to get as much as possible of Unova while I still have it.

At the same time I feel like people who like Hoenn won't want it to be an add-on to a B/W because they want it to get its own attention and its own game. So I don't feel like they would want those over R/S remakes. So it's just bad all around.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I didn't mind the tree house city because it was fresh/unique. I loved the idea of secret bases though.
That's one bit of uniqueness I could do without, lol. It always seemed to me like it was an idea that was conceived while someone was intoxicated.

OMG!! I can't believe there's still people thinking that Hoenn will be in B2W2, it's already conformed that it wont!
I can't believe the idea was entertained in the first place. Including Hoenn would be just as random as including somewhere like Colleton County, South Carolina.

I feel the same way, not that I don't like Hoenn as much as that I just love Unova. I want to get as much as possible of Unova while I still have it.

At the same time I feel like people who like Hoenn won't want it to be an add-on to a B/W because they want it to get its own attention and its own game. So I don't feel like they would want those over R/S remakes. So it's just bad all around.
I know of many people besides myself who prefer one region but not the other. Including both in one is a good way to make both sides angry.

Travelign through Hoenn was almost as bad as traveling on the New Jersey Turnpike. Almost.

Ultimo1991

Team Ultimo/Infinity Leader
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 19, 2023
I would like to see Hoenn just not in B2W2 i would love to see it in possibly a newer and longer story of hoenn as a remake better graphics of course and more plot hopefully...

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I don't think there's going to a new region, and I don't really want one. As to why I don't think we'll see Hoenn or a new region, well, there's clearly new areas/things on the map and if you look closely you can new areas under the glacier. It looks like the Abyssal Ruins have surfaced, there's a lake or something near the Pokemon League, and another area west of that.

A new region post-game also means every Trainer needs to have like level 50+ Pokemon, which would be a terrible, because if they ever used the new region(or Hoenn)again all the Pokemon would have to be leveled back down. Unless they pulled some kind of "Black/White 2 take place years after the events in this region, which is why everything is so highly leveled."

It's not like I don't wanna walk through Hoenn again, I love Hoenn, which is exactly why I don't want it shoehorned into Black/White 2 as post-game content. Hoenn deserves it's own remake(s), damnit.

Years
I doubt we'll go to another region, especially Hoenn, which I'm sure will get their own remakes. Although if we DO go to another region, I'd say you would go there either by boat, or by Skyla's cargo plane. I mean, I don't see why they would just throw in that runway and plane thing if they didn't plan on using it somehow.

Clacla

karp karp karp
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
As much as I would love to see Hoenn brought back in B2/W2, I find it unlikely. In Platinum, I recall people making the same hopes, just to get shot down. If Hoenn is in the new instalments, then great, and if not, I'll still be content with the other features.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I'm not for regions at large really after I saw all the improvements they added to the current one, so they don't really need another region to solidify what they have going on right here. Just improve what you already got and they should be fine and that is what I believe they are doing in this instance.

As far as the previous Hoenn as a second region to Unova, I still don't understand that standpoint. Are we not going for RS remakes? Yeah I am sure that would go over well with GF "Hey lets lose money and this huge potential lucrative game. You know considering how successful our other remakes were... So yes lets just throw away free money instead of splitting the games into multiple ones."

Years
I'm not for regions at large really after I saw all the improvements they added to the current one, so they don't really need another region to solidify what they have going on right here. Just improve what you already got and they should be fine and that is what I believe they are doing in this instance.

As far as the previous Hoenn as a second region to Unova, I still don't understand that standpoint. Are we not going for RS remakes? Yeah I am sure that would go over well with GF "Hey lets lose money and this huge potential lucrative game. You know considering how successful our other remakes were... So yes lets just throw away free money instead of splitting the games into multiple ones."
i understand where your coming from. dividing the game up ala starcraft 2 is great market strategy but you cant just improve the tools of the game, tweak a story and call them legit new games. without the loving fan base(which i will forever be apart of and buy every game no matter what.) gamefreak would have lost the series due to no progress. blizzard, on the other hand. made a whole new type of campaign from the first sc and the expansion, so their split up is justified.

tbh, i am amazed that game freak has gotten away this time and time again. i mean the series hasn't really gotten past G/S/C. black and white was a step up but it was about time. there are a lot more areas to explore and things were really thought through ie; pokemon centers/marts(took long enough...) having the prof./champion/gym-leaders be a bigger part of the story and third person to take the third pokemon. so its good to see them finally making progress in the right direction. gts was another step forward, but it would have killed the franchise to not have it.

in the 2nd gen there was some serious progress which we didnt see any again, of the same magnitude until b/w. i mean R/S and P/D were HUGE dissapointments aside from gts and the 2 big legendaries(3 with rayquza). i mean you cant introduce a vastness in a game like the 2nd gen then release so many games after that are so small.

its about time to see some serious progression in this series. not only the vastness of it but the whole dynamic of the game. the excuse of dont change it if it aint broke wouldnt be able to fly for any other game on the planet.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
As much as I would love to see Hoenn brought back in B2/W2, I find it unlikely. In Platinum, I recall people making the same hopes, just to get shot down. If Hoenn is in the new instalments, then great, and if not, I'll still be content with the other features.
I remember people saying the same during some of the HgSs speculation...
I think this game is already full enough with the new areas added, Hoenn would be quite choppy if they were to simply add it...it'll be best to give it it's own remakes to bring out it's full shine.

Cid

Years
It would be nice to see Hoenn again, but I'd rather have them make that region playable in the remakes. I'm thinking this way to potentially have a high-quality region for each game that is not cut-off because of a lack of space. I remember GSC having to remove Kanto's Safari Zone and Viridian Forest because of that, and I wouldn't want them to repeat this. If they ever decide to add something like FR/LG's Sevii Islands or GSC's Kanto, then they should double their efforts in making them as good as they possibly can.

And if they can't do all that, then I suggest that they simply don't. I'll still be happy without another region. The new and improved Unova will probably feel like a "more than just Unova" anyway.

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
Years
At first I thought adding Hoenn would be a bright idea, but seeing you guys points on why Hoenn shouldn't be added in BW2 (and hopefully gets its own remake), I now see what y'all mean. I actually hope for a new sub-region that wasn't available in BW1 and it has a couple of towns/cities and routes and a few things to do to keep us entertained after the main game. I hope that it's accessible by Skyla's plane (plus it would be cool if they made a climatic scene of you and Skyla in the air), and maybe even have some Pokemon you couldn't catch before and a little plot in it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I doubt we'll go to another region, especially Hoenn, which I'm sure will get their own remakes. Although if we DO go to another region, I'd say you would go there either by boat, or by Skyla's cargo plane. I mean, I don't see why they would just throw in that runway and plane thing if they didn't plan on using it somehow.

Boat would make sense. Cause... on the left there's still hints to another area and considering the plane is only connected to the mountain from what we speculate, we could get a taste of a new region by sorta going off-side on the boat and getting somewhere new for a post-game twist. :3

Back