• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bulbapedia -- Google Warning: May Harm Your Computer???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Justin, CALM DOWN!

Do you even know WHY it has malicious software on it? There are rogue ads appearing on Bulbapedia. Bulbapedia KNOWS what's going on and is working with techs from Google to fix the issue. Its already been reported. No you aren't going to have access until Google cleans the ads or Bulbapedia can remove them.

Its something to do with the Ad System that Bulbapedia is using and it effects other sites using the same system. It will clean itself when it is able to.

Bulbapedia ‏@Bulbapedia
The current issues are not only impacting Bulbapedia, but also a number of other large websites using these same ad networks.
Retweeted by BulbaNewsNOW
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

31 Dec Bulbapedia ‏@Bulbapedia
Please be aware Google has updated their Safe Browsing diagnostic page for us again. Seems our ad network has not yet resolved its issues.
Expand

30 Dec Bulbapedia ‏@Bulbapedia
Based on the new information from Google, it appears we're suffering from the same rogue ad issue impacting other sites, including Twitpic.
Expand

Google has updated its listing on Bulbapedia, and we are investigating. It appears these are the result of rogue ads. http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/d...lbagarden.net/
Expand

We have requested a review by Google of their malware alert message. After our own review, we believe it's the result of a malicious report.
Expand

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
1. I'm not comfortable with having two threads on the malware warning so I'm merging them.
2. This is not the place for website discussion so going to kick it over to the proper forum.
3. Calm down.

Years
@BulbaNewsNOW
The offending Ad Network has been identified, and it appears Google have now removed the suspicious listing from our site. It may take a while for that to propagate to all ISP's, but things should now be safe.
It's funny, I don't often go to Bulbapedia to check things, but yesterday was the first time I wanted to look at something and the site was blocked due to malware warnings. I just tried opening it in both Firefox and Chrome, though, and it seems to be back to normal.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
Advertisement related. Why am I not surprised? Bulbapedia has been showing shady ad's for quite some time. It's nothing new. The site itself can be quite difficult to browse without Adblock Plus.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I'm sure its over by now, for days I also had the message on Chrome and IE, made me a bit sad, Bulbapedia is my homepage. Glad that is up and running fine again.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Its over now... I guess they wrongly misplace it under that category.

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
It's still the same for me. I've been using this site a lot. I'll use pokemondb and or serebii for a while till it's fixed.

Here is what happened: I got on there. On Firefox, Google said the site had malicious content or something like that. Then, I looked for the explanation. It said something about self-downloading malicious programs etc and if I wanted to bypass it anyway and take responsibility, gave me a working link. So I pasted it on browser and used the site.

One day after, the same thing happened, then I bypassed it again but this time Mozilla blocked it saying they use Google's blocking lists and they're pretty accurate. Bypassed that as well. Got paranoid and made a full scan with security software. It found several java related malicious stuff in temp folder.

I'm not going there again till I don't see a warning or bulbapedia makes an official statement on their twitter that the problem is fixed.

Years
Bulbapedia Back Up!!

I guess a particular ad that is used on their website was suspicious and/or carried malware... So Google took that listing off of their Ad Network thingie... ):

Glad that's all sorted out though! I figured that some of you might have wanted to know. I also apologize if this thread has already been made by someone else!

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
Thank you very much for letting me know!
Bulbapedia is my go-site for the tidbits of information that I don't already know, so it's amazingly helpful :D .

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
Mass ad agencies often get corrupted with some kind of malware, and any site that uses that agency to produce advertisements gets blocked.

Best way to help avoid this is to download the add on: Ad Block Plus to firefox or Google Chrome.

These completely disable any advertisements and keep you safe from anything that might leak into them. You won't even see ads anymore.
(There's also the perk that they now block the ads before youtube videos ;) so no more waiting)

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
I don't know. I cleared Firefox cache. Still getting it. It might be that bulbapedia uses different ads for different countries and the ones where I live hasn't been fixed yet.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I don't know what's happening, well it WAS happening to me but not anymore. My Iphone was never affected, but when I go to Bulbapedia with my Google Chrome, Explorer, it was affected. But It's not happening to me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back