• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Well just shy of 17k encounters and this guy showed up. Not my first or second choice, but still happy:

Spoiler:

Already lvl 22 and evolved :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Well just shy of 17k encounters and this guy showed up. Not my first or second choice, but still happy:

Already lvl 22 and evolved :)

Congratulations! It's definitely a cool shiny if evolved into Victreebel. After 17k REs you should have some luck on your side now :)

Shiny Machoke on my Diamond version just now. 359:07 on the game clock. Mild nature is a horrible nature but I am elated that I got something I wanted. Time to get the other thing I wanted here; Medicham.

Machoke, lv45, mild, good endurance, guts.
IVs
HP - 0-2
Attack - 27-28
Defense - 27-31
SPA - 27-28
SPD - 14-15
Speed - 22-23

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Congratulations! It's definitely a cool shiny if evolved into Victreebel. After 17k REs you should have some luck on your side now :)

Shiny Machoke on my Diamond version just now. 359:07 on the game clock. Mild nature is a horrible nature but I am elated that I got something I wanted. Time to get the other thing I wanted here; Medicham.

Machoke, lv45, mild, good endurance, guts.
IVs
HP - 0-2
Attack - 27-28
Defense - 27-31
SPA - 27-28
SPD - 14-15
Speed - 22-23

Thanks, and congrats! Not a huge fan or Machoke myself, but Machamp is awesome. Hopefully my luck continues.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Congrats on your catches East and Paul.

Interesting race darkpokeball, hope to see a pic of it when it shines.

I'm currently at a chain of 40 in platinum with a daily pokemon; more updates coming soon.

update:

View attachment 68860 View attachment 68861

5 shiny dittos in total, chain of 122

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Congrats on your catches East and Paul.

Interesting race darkpokeball, hope to see a pic of it when it shines.

I'm currently at a chain of 40 in platinum with a daily pokemon; more updates coming soon.

update:

View attachment 68860 View attachment 68861

Thanks, and congrats on all those dittos!

Bellsprout is now a Victribell, so cool!

Previous contests:

January 2013: Capture any 2 shiny baby Pokemon!
February 2013: Anyone who can get two shinies with a National Dex number of "2" successfully completes this month's Quest!
March 2013: Find two shinies with two feet!
April 2013: Find two shinies who can learn Rain Dance! Extra points for a shiny Kyogre or Drizzle Politoed!
May 2013: Find two shinies who were at one point owned by Ash or one of his companions!
June 2013: Find two shinies who can learn one of the following moves:

My suggestions (all of these are catch 2 of the following):

HM slaves - must be able to learn 1 (maybe 2) HM moves
Evolutions - must catch something that has already evolved
Starters - catch 2 shiny starters
Stones/trade - Catch 2 that evolve by stones or trade

Last edited:

Bobith

Tossin' balls since '99
Years

Nicely done! I've just started to get into chaining myself, with limited success. I guess practice makes perfect. I'm actually chaining as I type, working towards a shiny Marill. I'll keep y'all posted on my progress, as I just got to 40.

Update: I broke my chain. Oops.

Last edited:

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
I switched my hunt to Pattern Bush, and it's the first time since hunting shiny weedle in viridian that I've kept track of how many encounters I've done. With weedle I stopped counting at 6300. So far in pattern bush I've done 2800 encounters, which is the longest I've stuck with a hunt in a while. Hopefully I can keep track until I find one for once. XD Hoping for caterpie, spinarak, or Heracross, though I'd be happy with Ledyba too since Ledian is adorable. : )

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to the club, Eastwood2112! Congrats on the shiny Machoke!

Congrats on the shiny Bellsprout, Paulthagerous!

Congrats on the shiny Dittos, Chr. Draco!

This week's random hunt is... any Pokémon that has a dual type!

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
The poll has been added for August's Monthly Quest!

6577 Eevee
5406 Dratini
2703 Clefairy

I'm back again!

Welcome back!

Currently, I am hunting on HG, SS, and Diamond.

Welcome to the SHC!

Spoiler:

Congrats on all of those shinies!

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
Summer holidays at last!!! and I've finally completed my Black 2 version
Congratz to all people who have got new shinies recently.

I have a question. What do you guys find is the best method for hunting on more than 1 system (EG: Do a number of REs/Srs/Hatches on one system then on another, Do them all at once) etc. I'm curious as I'm not quite sure how to go about on hunting on mote than 1 system.

I've given myself a challenge to get at least 5 shinies during the holidays, I'm not going to chain unless it gets to the end of August and I've found jack squat. My targets for this are Dialga, Ralts and 3 secret targets.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Summer holidays at last!!! and I've finally completed my Black 2 version
Congratz to all people who have got new shinies recently.

I have a question. What do you guys find is the best method for hunting on more than 1 system (EG: Do a number of REs/Srs/Hatches on one system then on another, Do them all at once) etc. I'm curious as I'm not quite sure how to go about on hunting on mote than 1 system.

I've given myself a challenge to get at least 5 shinies during the holidays, I'm not going to chain unless it gets to the end of August and I've found jack squat. My targets for this are Dialga, Ralts and 3 secret targets.

IMO, definitely do at the same time. I find RE's are quickest. If you have 3 systems you can get pretty quick with practice, as there is always downtime while the battle is loading etc.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
I think that's a good strategy, sometimes i do double SR's or even combine RE and SR but only when I have time. Other times I RE while doing other things like watching TV; when I was chaining dittos, i was watching a movie, and when I noticed I was at a chain of 40 already (yes, got another shiny ditto, don't ask why I'm hunting them, I think magikarp in my previous pic explains everything).

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
OMG!!! Only 4 days into the summer
Holidays, 2 days into my personal
Summer challenge and already I've found
a shiny. It's one of my 3 secret targets,
A shiny Marill after only 862 REs on my
Leaf Green version. I found it while travelling
to my campsite, and it's a freakin
amazing shiny

*Found 23rd July 2013 at 13:11 PM*

Stats
Spoiler:

I can't upload the video yet as I am
at a campsite but will make a post with
vids for any shinies I find on holiday when
I return home.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
Okay, I am estimating my REs for a Shiny Ralts in Emerald at....above 220...I ran into a Shiny Wurmple but killed it before I noticed it was shiny...I Blame it on me playing another game while hunting...

Bobith

Tossin' balls since '99
Years
Shiny Marill
Sick! I've been on the hunt for that exact shiny as well. So far no luck. Gotta love the green color. Marill's one of my favorites because of that whole Pikablu myth that went around just before gen 2 came out. Ahh, nostalgia.

I ran into a Shiny Wurmple but killed it before I noticed it was shiny
The agony! I accidentally ran from a shiny Roselia back in Sapphire. I was so pissed off I didn't play the game for a month.

No shinies of my own of late, the hunt continues!

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Switched up my hunts on SS and Diamond since I got shinies on them in the last week or so. After I got Machoke I moved to Route 217 for awhile. I gave up on that route and moved to Route 228. Not going for anything in particular here. I got a shiny on my SS a few days ago so I switched over to Route 8. I will post a picture when I get enough posts. (Won't ruin the surprise yet). I use a level 18 pokemon and repel for Haunters and Noctowls at night. On my HG, I haven't seen anything in 110+ hours. Moved from Mt. Silver to Route 16. Mostly just Grimer here, however, there is a small chance for a Murkrow or Slugma. Obviously I am not going to get my hopes up for the latter two. :) Good luck with your hunts everyone.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I usually keep a Japanese Ditto in the daycare center, just to increase the chance of the hatched Pokemon being shiny. I've been hatching the random eggs lying around my PC box...hopefully I'll end up with one that's shiny.

If not, I'm planning to MM for a shiny Eevee. I do have a copy of Soulsilver that I can SR on, but I can't seem to find it. I've never managed to obtain a shiny via breeding, so I don't have my hopes up. I also happen to have an Eevee which has *some* decent IVs, so hopefully some of the offspring will inherit the good IVs.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Back once again after a break. I have had no luck at all with any Shiny. Right now I am working on getting a Shiny Ralts in honor of Gardevoir becoming a Fairy in X and Y.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Today I changed my mind and decided that a shiny Ralts would be a better choice for hunting. I already have a male (from chaining), but it has one of the worst possible natures, so I never bothered to train him.

I tried several times throughout the day with no luck.
A few minutes ago, after only either 4 or 7 chains, a shiny patch appeared.

I now have a shiny female Ralts with a Modest (-Atk +Sp Atk) nature. I plan to EV train for HP and Sp Attack and eventually evolve her into a Gardevoir. [:

Edit:
I don't know why that said 4. Either I wasn't paying attention and wrote the wrong number, or I just am getting mixed up now and it really was 4.

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Today I changed my mind and decided that a shiny Ralts would be a better choice for hunting. I already have a male (from chaining), but it has one of the worst possible natures, so I never bothered to train him.

I tried several times throughout the day with no luck.
A few minutes ago, after only 4 chains, a shiny patch appeared.

I now have a shiny female Ralts with a Modest (-Atk +Sp Atk) nature. I plan to EV train for HP and Sp Attack and eventually evolve her into a Gardevoir. [:

Congrats, that is one I would quite like to get at some point in the future.

Back