• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Manga Caption Contest! #6

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Pokémon Manga Caption Contest!

Welcome back! Or if this is your first time in the caption contest, a huge warm welcome to you~
In this thread, we will present to you a panel from a pokémon manga, and it's your job to come up with what the characters in the panel are saying. It's a caption contest! If it goes well, this will return with new panels every week.

NOTE: it's not a guessing contest, it's a creative contest! Even if there are speech bubbles in the actual manga panel, you are supposed to come up with a new line of text (or several) that just fits with the picture somehow - according to you!

The winner will be smugly featured in my (Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers) signature for a week as well get the chance to help me judging next week's winner and what new panel to use! Fun times!

Judges of #6:
chuckleslucifer
& Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers

Rules

• Abide by PokéCommunity's rules. Such as minimum 4 words / post and no vulgarities.
  • You can only submit one caption / week, and the winner will be announced around Saturday.
  • You can of course not submit the same caption as someone else. Be as original as you can!
  • Your caption can either be what the characters are saying OR another line of text or series of words that you think fit with the panel of the week. It's up to your imagination!
  • Post your entry in this thread and try to keep chit-chat posts to a minimum~ If you want to chit-chat more deeply about the manga or this contest - go to the List & Chit-chat thread!

Panel #6

6_zpsde5a4e9f.png

This panel is picked by myself~ It is from Pokémon Adventures, probably the biggest and most well known pokémon manga. It features Ruby and his Marshtomp, but you can have it say anything ever possible. THE SKY IS THE LIMIT.

259.gif

Good luck!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ruby: Oh god no, who dressed this Marshtomp in human clothes!? I'll save you, you poor thing! *Weeping* We're not in Beverly Hills, you animals!

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Ruby: Marshtomp, you're stretching out my good sweater!
Marshtomp: B-but I just want to look pretty...

Pro-tips for direct linking to a source image on JB's site:

- Change /resizes/ to /albums/ to get the unresized image
- Remove the ?m=[insert random numbers here] that comes after the filetype extension and the URL will be shorter and look better.
- Try clicking the link. See what happens (weird, right?). In order for it to work as normal (and even when the site is down), enter the link here and copy the archive.org link.

Last edited:

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Ruby: That sweater looks familiar... Marshstomp, did you -

Marshstomp: Uh, um... here's the story. I went to Macy's and I was gonna spend my money on these sexy pair of studded heels, but then I saw this sweater. It was an impulse buy... now I think this sweater doesn't really go too well with my moehawk. What do you think, Ruby?

Ruby: Marshstomp, this line of clothing was discontinued in 2005. You stole this from my sister didn't you, you weirdo?!

Marshtomp: ... maybe
--------------------------------------
Sweet mother of Arceus, that was lame. That's all I got =P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
sdf_zps77273759.png

This totally sounds like canon Ruby btw.​

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
MangaCC6.png

Ruby: Happy Birthday Marshtomp! Here, I got you a sweater.
Marshtomp: Wow, thank you Ruby! ... Wait, isn't this the same sweater I gave you last Christmas?

Last edited:

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
RUBY: Marshtomp! How did you manage to steal that sweater from across the universe??? HAVE YOU HAD IT SINCE YESTERDAY? WHEN DID YOU GET IT? IT'S SUCH A GREAT FASHION CHOICE!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Ruby: C'mon, work with me, Marshtomp! A sweater and mohawk just won't cut it for the Pokemon Contest! We've only got a minute left and I want to fit that tutu on you as well!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

#6 winner...

oz_zpse1598a05.png

AlexOzzyCake - Your funny caption certainly made the judges laugh out loud~

Congratulations! You will get your name sneakily featured in my signature for a week, and if you wish, you can help me choose the panel for next week's contest as well as help deciding on the next winner! I will contact you through PM.

We loved the captions this week, the creativity of all participants is great, despite you guys saying the panels are difficult to work with sometimes ;) An extra thanks to chuckleslucifer, this week's judge.

Thank you all for participating, and be sure to check out the next week's thread. Remember it's all for good fun~ Now, let's see what Ozzy and I can whip up for next week... Stay tuned!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Congratulations AlexOzzyCake, the judges weren't the only ones to enjoy your caption! I also enjoyed reading everyone else's captions and I look forward to seeing what we have to work with during the next contest. Good luck everyone!

Back