• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Showcase and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
My one comment is that there should be more water on the higher levels. Such a small lake on the top there wouldn't feed a waterfall for very long. I feel like a stream should feed into it. The opposite happens with the upper right lake - a large waterfall feeds into a small lake. I would connect it to the rest of the streams.

Riansky

Purr
Years
A map from my game Pokemon Guardian Wish
AdeniaTown.png

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
@Riansky; This is a well designed map, and I love the tiles and palettes you've used, however a few things of note:

-The cliffs you use are vertical, meaning that, at present, the stiars you have are being presented as a ladder in terms of dimensiality (shut up, it's a word if I say it is). What you need to do is add another tile of stairs so that it is at least three tiles high, preferably four. Think about the whole pythagoras thing if you aren't sure what I mean.
-Speaking of the cliffs, they apparently disappear when you get to the trees. What you should do is remove all your trees from where the cliffs run into them and below, take the cliffs out to the edge of the map, then replace your trees accordingly.
-You appear to have some kind of omni-directional shadows coming off your houses. Pick a direction and stick to it.
-The four-wide path at the bottom left of the upper tier is quite disconcerting. Probably best to keep it to three-wide.
-The top right house should probably be moved left two tiles and the soil be placed within the (extended) fence, with the path widened out to the house and the two tiles next to the letterbox of the left house made into just regular grass.

Hopefully that makes sense. Great work on this map, mate.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
@Aamelo everyone is a critic.... i really like your maps they are IMO very well done, professionally done even... just my opinion however. but if i were making a fan game i'd ask you to map for me....

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Ruïn: The underwater City

A new map for my fan game: Pokemon Melanite. This will be a part of the post game. Any criticism would be appreciated.

I give you: Ruïn, the underwater city.

Spoiler:

The buildings there are two of are normal houses, and the one with the design is the city elder's house, who teaches a special move. The large building is a gym.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2013
I really like thoughs maps and the idear behind them Rayd12smitty.

heres a couple from my game.

this is the home island starfish island.
Spoiler:

and this one is of the second city Aquamain city.I still need to tidyit up abit and some of the rocks in the water are a little to random. it still feels alittle to beer to me. i dont know what do you think.

Spoiler:

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I really like thoughs maps and the idear behind them Rayd12smitty.

heres a couple from my game.

this is the home island starfish island.
Spoiler:

and this one is of the second city Aquamain city.I still need to tidyit up abit and some of the rocks in the water are a little to random. it still feels alittle to beer to me. i dont know what do you think.

Spoiler:

Thank you. I like the ideas here. I also like how it is all on water, which is original. I noticed in the first one that the sunken ship is ontop of some of the small rocks. Remove the rocks and it will look better. At least just the ones that it overlaps.

warpras

Chief of Pokémon Time Version
Years
For my fangame, I'm changing my style to BW, so here is three maps that I've redone.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
For my fangame, I'm changing my style to BW, so here is three maps that I've redone.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Very nice maps. I know this isn't the place to ask, but are those beach tiles still tiles, or do you have BW sand auto tiles. I can't find them anywhere, and if you have them, would you be willing to share?

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Heres a small map I made using the default tileset that came with Essentials.

-snip-
Not bad. It's pretty compact, which isn't necessarily a bad thing- I'm guessing you were trying to make a small town? The only problem I can see is in the bottom left corner, where you have a tree overlapping a house- that looks really awkward. Either move the tree a tile to the left or the house a tile to the right. Other than that, it looks good to me.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2013
Heres the first 3 maps to my game
Between route 1 and Rinhill city ignore the whit line it was just my copy pasting skills it conects perfictly in game.

i have still got to tidy them up abit.
Spoiler:

#EDIT: Heres another map. this is PinWheel forest

Spoiler:

Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
Hi! I'm making maps for Pokenation. Please tell me what you think about them so I can improve them later on.

Route 1
Spoiler:

Pallet Town
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
shadowriver: you might want to use a name other than Pinwheel Forest. After all, that's in Unova. The rock area in Route 1 below makes no sense with trees on either side. Also, you can put all four maps in one file if you want; just manually expand the trees. I'm doing a project like that right now on an existing hack. :) EDIT: To the comment on this post, yes, I get that this isn't the hacks forum. I'm referring to something I'm doing on a hack, not suggesting the map is for a hack.

Bramvdh: :o You went all out of the tiling work, quite clearly...and you used different trees in the forest area. Never seen that. Also see the attempt to add depth on the right. However, I think the grass actually starts Route 1, doesn't it? Not sure why it's on the town map.

Also, Bramvdh, you might want to put the maps inside spoiler tags...

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
Bramvdh: :o You went all out of the tiling work, quite clearly...and you used different trees in the forest area. Never seen that. Also see the attempt to add depth on the right. However, I think the grass actually starts Route 1, doesn't it? Not sure why it's on the town map. The rock area in Route 1 below makes no sense with trees on either side. Also, you can put all four maps in one file if you want; just manually expand the trees. I'm doing a project like that right now on an existing hack. :)

Thanks for the feedback.
About the rocks, my idea was of a broken off cliff. a sort of forgotten piece of a rock avalanche. Maybe the rocks are a bit to big.

About the grass in Pallet Town, I just made it on my memory and I remember professor Oak rushing from the village that why I added it their. I can fix it when it becomes a problem.

Are the different trees a good idea? It gives a more realistic view imho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back