• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
On that particular occasion, it's probably because Night Slash has an increased critical hit ratio compared to normal moves. In general, though, I have no idea why it would appear that way.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Are computers/AI more prone to getting criticals than me? They always seem to get them at the worst time possible, often when I take just under half HP and decide to sink in another hit before healing and THEN they critical me, and kill me. That happened on at least 50 different occasions and they aren't very far apart. Hell, I've has 3 of my pokemon killed by a critical by the same pokemon, same battle. Pisses me off.

On that particular occasion, it's probably because Night Slash has an increased critical hit ratio compared to normal moves. In general, though, I have no idea why it would appear that way.

Yeah...Night Slash's secondary effect is most likely why so many Critical Hits occurred in that specific battle. As for in general...just chalk it up to The Computer Is A Cheating "Jerk" and move on, fellow Trainer. T_T

Last edited:

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
Years
Is there any way to get a Hondew Berry or any EV reducing berries in Black and White? Serebii doesn't list locations for any of them, and I screwed up by killing a Petilil while Ev Training my Umbreon for Defense in Pinwheel Forest.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Is there any way to get a Hondew Berry or any EV reducing berries in Black and White? Serebii doesn't list locations for any of them, and I screwed up by killing a Petilil while Ev Training my Umbreon for Defense in Pinwheel Forest.

The DW has them, in the Sky area. You can also make friends with someone who offers them on their Share Shelf. That's the only way to get EV reducing berries in Black and White.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
Years

The DW has them, in the Sky area. You can also make friends with someone who offers them on their Share Shelf. That's the only way to get EV reducing berries in Black and White.
Damn, that sucks. I left trading out of the option and Dream World as I don't have the necessary flash update to use it and can't install it on the school's laptop, and I won't be finding any pokemon to trade for with one attached.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Yesterday at the tree of dreams, I noticed there was an Arceus that had been caught with a dream ball... Is that a hack or had there been an Arceus giveaway (in Japan I assume)?

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
Yesterday at the tree of dreams, I noticed there was an Arceus that had been caught with a dream ball... Is that a hack or had there been an Arceus giveaway (in Japan I assume)?

If it was a giveaway, then the ball the Arceus is in would be a Cherish Ball, the ball used for all legitimate Nintendo events. It's probable that the Arceus you saw was hacked. I mean, there isn't anyone preventing them to go into the Dream World, so yeah...

You can also check all events in Japan that happened recently. Arceus isn't listed on there.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Japanese_Nintendo_event_Pokémon_in_2010
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Japanese_Nintendo_event_Pokémon_in_2011

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I can't understand how White Forest & Black City work.

When my brother goes to my Black City via Entralink, he asks a few people to move to White Forest.
I do the same: I ask the WF people if they want to move to BC.

Now, my question is, how do I make Aron appear in the White Forest?
On Bulbapedia, it says Rate: Gene.

What is that exactly?

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
If it was a giveaway, then the ball the Arceus is in would be a Cherish Ball, the ball used for all legitimate Nintendo events. It's probable that the Arceus you saw was hacked. I mean, there isn't anyone preventing them to go into the Dream World, so yeah...

You can also check all events in Japan that happened recently. Arceus isn't listed on there.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Japanese_Nintendo_event_Pokémon_in_2010
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Japanese_Nintendo_event_Pokémon_in_2011
As giveaway, I meant a DW giveaway like the Eeveelution one. So it'd be in a dream ball... Thanks for the reply though!

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
Years
I can't understand how White Forest & Black City work.

When my brother goes to my Black City via Entralink, he asks a few people to move to White Forest.
I do the same: I ask the WF people if they want to move to BC.

Now, my question is, how do I make Aron appear in the White Forest?
On Bulbapedia, it says Rate: Gene.

What is that exactly?

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/blackcitywhiteforest.shtml

To get Aron to appear, you have to get the trainer named "Gene" to move to your White Forest. If he is not in your brothers' Black City, and not in yours, you must either restart and hope you get him or Entralink with someone else that has this. There is unfortunately no way to Entralink on Wifi though, so...

ceremony

rah rah
Years
I'm wondering how breeding IVs works. Is it rare to get a flawless Ditto, because I do have a box full of them from Diamond. Also, do I use an Everstone for the baby to get the IV traits?

And how do I go about getting perfect IVs using a Ditto, but then getting the nature from the other parent?

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
I'm wondering how breeding IVs works. Is it rare to get a flawless Ditto, because I do have a box full of them from Diamond. Also, do I use an Everstone for the baby to get the IV traits?

And how do I go about getting perfect IVs using a Ditto, but then getting the nature from the other parent?

This is pretty much the go-to place for learning how to efficiently IV breed.

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/breeding_guide_part1

Just look through all the parts and enjoy. o:

Also, the Everstone is only used to pass down Natures. You need to equip one of the parents with a Power item. Whatever Power item you equip it with, that particular IV will be inherited to the baby. So if you give the parent a Power Anklet, its Speed IV will be passed down. It should be in the guide, so take a nice read. :)

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/blackcitywhiteforest.shtml

To get Aron to appear, you have to get the trainer named "Gene" to move to your White Forest. If he is not in your brothers' Black City, and not in yours, you must either restart and hope you get him or Entralink with someone else that has this. There is unfortunately no way to Entralink on Wifi though, so...
Oh. Okay, thanks :D

Also, it says my perfectly EV trained Vigoroth holding Eviolite is unable to compete on Random Matchup. Why? D:

Vigoroth (male) Lv.50
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Vital Spirit
Item: Eviolite
- Focus Punch 20/20
- Hone Claws 15/15
- Rock Slide 12/12
- Crush Claw 12/12

HP: 171
Attack: 136
Defense: 85
Sp. Atk: 54
Sp. Def: 60
Speed: 107

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Is another Pokemon in your team holding Eviolite other then Vigoroth? Are you using a Rotom, Shaymin, Jirachi, ect.

If so, that is why.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Using a perfect IV jap Ditto on my english game, bred thirty snivys and not a single shiny.
Am I doing the Masuda method wrong?

The Masuda method only ups the chances to ~1/2000. It doesn't make it easy to get a shiny, just easier than without it.

And yes, you are.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah, pretty much. It will still take a super long time to get the shiny, just not as super long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back