• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Wii-U Discussion Thread

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The only two Wii U games I have any interest in at the moment are Zelda and Dragon Quest X, and even those two aren't enough to get me to buy one yet- Zelda's never been a system seller for me, and DQX is an MMO that I'm sure we'll have to pay to play when (if) it makes it over here. All the other games are already on other systems or sequels to games I've never played, so I'll be passing on the Wii U for now.

...now might actually be a good time to get a Wii >>;;

I think Xbox is the only system with a Pay to Play MMO game/status.

None of the others have them, and the Wii had Monster Hunter Tri which wasn't Pay to Play.

I didn't even know DQX was coming out for the Wii U...Now I really want to get it but can't afford it D=

As for the console I doubt its going to get a price drop anywhere before another console comes out, and the games may rival that of the PS3/Xbox game prices now since the Wii U can actually start to compete against the big boys.

Zet

Years
I'm going to wait until they announce a Zelda game. Though I wish Nintendo wasn't keeping Bayonetta 2 a Wii U exclusive.

Last edited:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Wow, so apparently the Wii U pre-orders are already out for GameStop.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
iLwD8pLtTPNGr.gif

Summarizes it nicely.

Knowing me I'll get the Wii U and not any other system because I'm poor but I haven't skipped a Nintendo console since the Color TV Game, haha.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm not sure whether I'll be getting this just yet, maybe for Christmas or something but it's not something I desperately want.
I do hope they make a Mario Kart for the Wii U which I'm sure they will since they made one for each major console Nintendo have developed.

Years
Got my Wii U Deluxe Kit preordered! Target was sold out, Walmart was sold out, GameStop was sold out, Kmart was sold out, Amazon was sold out, and Best Buy was sold out. But Toys R Us came through! Totally Psyched! :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
-reads off gif in excitement- WAIT. WAIT. Did I just read Earthbound HD? What...like...for real or is that just being sarcastic because ummmm omg if that's true i'm gonna go away and like...idk. Do something happy!!! For a long time!! Till release date...!! it's lying for real though isn't it...right?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
-reads off gif in excitement- WAIT. WAIT. Did I just read Earthbound HD? What...like...for real or is that just being sarcastic because ummmm omg if that's true i'm gonna go away and like...idk. Do something happy!!! For a long time!! Till release date...!! it's lying for real though isn't it...right?
Yeah, it's a joke. =p (I think the gif is a few months old too).

I know I will likely end up getting the WiiU sooner or later, but I am unsure of when that would be. Not sure about launch as I have spent/will spend a lot of money already on a trip early next year, and already have lots of stuff to do on my 3DS. And just Pikmin3 is not enough for me just yet, as amazing a series as that is and how good it looks thus far. Australia's prices are predictably more than everyone elses, but on the flip side they could have been worse! So hmm.

Years
Details regarding how to transfer Virtual Console and WiiWare games (and Miis, too) from Wii to Wii U:

Wii U owners can wirelessly transfer content such as Miis, and WiiWare and Virtual Console games to their Wii U systems. Both systems will need to be connected to the Internet and the Wii U will need an SD card to facilitate the transfer. The process is very similar to transferring content from Nintendo DS to Nintendo 3DS or from Nintendo 3DS to Nintendo 3DS XL;

http://gimmegimmegames.com/2012/09/...-wii-u-to-transfer-datagames-between-systems/

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I don't think I'm going to get the Wii U any time soon, if I'm being honest. I'll end up getting it eventually, but this is actually the most lukewarm I've felt about a Nintendo console in many, many, many years. I definitely can't imagine me getting it in time for this Christmas... maybe not even next Christmas, if there aren't many great games for it.

ゆりあき

"The Nature-Loving Gynoid!"
Years
Knowing me I'll get the Wii U and not any other system because I'm poor but I haven't skipped a Nintendo console since the Color TV Game, haha.
That's an impressive .gif, it made me laugh; Kudos to the person who made it. Usually, I'm also too poor to afford anything but Nintendo's consoles, so the Wii U will probably be the only thing I get this gen as well.

I'm still not completely sold on the tablet, but because the Wii U is compatible with Wii controllers and has it's own Pro controller my concern isn't enough to make me not want the system. That said, I wonder how much a "Budget Version" of this console would cost, i.e. just the system without the gamepad. It seems unlikely they'd actually sell it that way, though. Afterall, the controller is one of the things that is supposed to set it apart from the Wii/PS4/XBOX720.

I think the Wii U itself looks really nice.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I don't think I'm going to get the Wii U any time soon, if I'm being honest. I'll end up getting it eventually, but this is actually the most lukewarm I've felt about a Nintendo console in many, many, many years. I definitely can't imagine me getting it in time for this Christmas... maybe not even next Christmas, if there aren't many great games for it.
I'm honestly in the same boat here. Ever since I can remember with the N64 I've had every single Nintendo console practically when it came out. I've had bad experiences with rushing consoles, so I'll wait for a while. Funny though, my mum wants to buy it for me for christmas and my birthday together (since they're close) and I don't really want it. When I get the money, or can slowly pay it off, I'll do that, but until then I'm not getting it.

Years
I don't think I'm going to get the Wii U any time soon, if I'm being honest.

I don't think I will get one at all, but older members will know why I don't want it! XD

I would have to see majorly good games released for it before I can consider getting it.
However, I can see Nintendo are trying to win back the 'Hardcore' gaming groups more and more now, but I think it might be a bit too late.

However, they will still steal Christmas sales, as usual.​

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
I want one, but the desire isn't like it was when the Wii came out. Thankfully it's sold out so it's a thing I won't even consider for quite a while. I don't want to miss the launch of the next Zelda game. So I can buy it and never play it.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I would get one if I had the money! I think it looks great, might get one for Christmas! Love the launch line-up too!

zephyr6257

Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)
Years
I still play my Wii every once in a blue moon, but refreshing it would be nice. I think the Wii U is too underhyped. Sure, it isn't as awesome as when the PS came out and revolutionized the gaming industry, but it is quite an interesting console which I'd like to experiment with. It would be quite a thoughtful gift if someone gave me a Wii U, but isn't really something I really want, like cookies from Nica, or a recording studio~ :3

Back