• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Street Fighter X Mega Man

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Years
I am a huge fan of Mega Man! Honestly cannot wait 'till this game is released, will be up there with the best FTPs :3

Mr. Magius

  
Years
WOW, that looks impressive! I'm also a huge fan of Mega Man, and although not a big follower of Street Fighter, I am familiar with it. I'm curious to see what kind of power-ups Mega Man will get for defeating bosses, who the big bosses are, and what the explanation for the crossover of the two franchises will be...

Also I'm really glad they used the retro Mega Man system instead of the Street Fighter system, or even a modern Mega Man style. Retro Mega Man still can't be beat.

Years
The game does look good, but as already said, a fan made game with official backing isn't much given Capcpom Capcom's actions as far as this series goes, or even as a whole. If this is all they have planned (aside from the inevitable rerelease of Mega Man 1-6 on the VC, which again isn't much) for the series' 25th anniversary, I'm not impressed. Sure, they've said they have more planned, but given this company's record the past few years I can't say I have high hopes.

Also worth noting is that Capcpom Capcom is using this to gauge interest in the franchise and expects a million downloads. This doesn't sound painfully familiar at all, nope.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Also worth noting is that Capcpom Capcom is using this to gauge interest in the franchise and expects a million downloads. This doesn't sound painfully familiar at all, nope.

Sales is really important for Capcom, as well as other companies. If it doesn't sell as much as they expected, they won't make a sequel, but if it doesn't sell in a certain country, then the sequel will be Japan only. That's why Capcom hopes this game receives a million downloads, so they can revive the Mega Man franchise.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
As a franchise, I like Mega Man a whole lot more than I do Pokemon. But even so, I was only mildly disappointed with all of Capcom's cancellations of Mega Man games (life goes on, yada yada yada).

That said, I can't wait until tomorrow to try this game out. I'm well aware that it's a fan game, and it shows in some areas. In the gameplay videos, it looks like they're's something off with the weight. That is, there's not a very good sense of gravity, and objects just drop (aside from Mega Man).

Also, the Mets seemed to drop back under their hats way too suddenly. The last game that I can recall them doing that in was Mega Man 1. So I have some minor nitpicks, but if it doesn't take away from the fun factor, I'll let slide because it's not a CoJ project (which doesn't automatically equal quality either, looking at Xover).

Also I'm really glad they used the retro Mega Man system instead of the Street Fighter system, or even a modern Mega Man style. Retro Mega Man still can't be beat.

I'll agree to the former, much more fair for the Mega Man series. But I dunno too much about the latter. Sometimes I think there's far too much rose-tinting in regards to the classic Mega Man franchise. I'll concede that the controls were tighter, but regression/stagnation is never the answer to any series.

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2012
Not really of a fan of this but it is nice to see the big C doing something with Megaman. Also since it is free I'm not complaining. However I do wish we would get a Megaman game. I don't care if its the robot arc or the internet arc. I gave up on trying to find out why they canned Legends 3. May try it if enough people enjoy it

Edit

Just read this game is a test to see how big the franchise is. In that case I'll download and play for the franchise. do wish 'i could download to ps3 but oh well I'll live with PC gaming for this

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
It's actually better than I expected (preview videos don't do a good job at showing things that a very frame precise). A lot of people are having technical issues with the game, though, and I suppose as expected, there are quite a few complaints.

The only complaints I agree with are the lack of some sort of save feature (even if it were just passwords), and some of the stages being bland (Chun-Li's seems to be a big offender, though the funny stage enemies keep me from being upset about it). Otherwise, it is what it is.

Here's where I'd usually state my favorite weapon, but seeing as I've only played through once, I'm not entirely sure what that is, yet.

Back