• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

twix1999

Nobody beats me. I'm the Champ
Years
Hey
I'm playing beta 4.2 and on orange islands at the place where the old granny stands the game don't freeze cuz i still can hear the music and so on but i can't move ash
I tried to repatch the game but nothing worked
help?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey
I'm playing beta 4.2 and on orange islands at the place where the old granny stands the game don't freeze cuz i still can hear the music and so on but i can't move ash
help?
If repatching does not work, try walk through walls.

Don't mean to butt in, but a DS cartridge can hold up to 4gb of data, I'm pretty sure it could hold all of it!
Still not sure if it would be enough... Indigo League + Orange Islands together can't even be compared to the number of episodes Hoenn or Sinnoh had.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today

If repatching does not work, try walk through walls.

For some reason I can never get any cheat code to work in my game even if it is supposed to be a fire red hack so this doesn't help me with that freezing issue mentioned in that other post.

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2018
Hey
help?

bro i face d same problem before ....
better if u use walk through walls... pm me if u need a code ?? or search in google ull get :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2014
Still not sure if it would be enough... Indigo League + Orange Islands together can't even be compared to the number of episodes Hoenn or Sinnoh had.
[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/QUOTE]

Ye your right there but Hoenn had a large season too like b battle frontier and stuff, But i still hope for johto in this game.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 25, 2013
hello i am not sure about it but I think encounter a bug

i use the patch version 4.0 to pass the old lady's place but I when i enter the pokemon center ( I am playing storyline the lost lapras) the screen will turn into black and freeze. actually when I play storyline A scare in the air it already happen. if I enter the pokemon center near the blimp the screen wiil turn into black, too. ( I try to use patch 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 to solve it but still not work)

I avoid entering the pokemon center when playing A scare in the air but now I must enter pokemon center to rescue lapras. can someone help me :(

(I can enter the pokemon center at kanto area, but at orange island the screen will turn into black as I said)

I like this game so mush so please help me and sorry for my bad english :(

I have same problem. Anybody can solve this? I walk through wall to pass old granny but i must enter this pokemon center.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 30, 2013
Hello, I'm a mac user and I'm very keen to play this. I haven't looked through the thread for a download link for mac as that would be too time consuming, if anyone could link me a mac download or tell me how I can convert the current download that would be great! thanks.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
I just evolved my Pikachu at level 23.
I then looked online that Pikachu learns thunderbolt at level 26.
I can't restart and go to my last save because I saved after my Pikachu evolved.
I have a save before I evolved it but my Bulbasaur that I trained is at level 13.
Raichu learns thunderbolt at level 1.
Is there a move relearner? If so where?
If not is there a thunderbolt TM? Where?

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I just evolved my Pikachu at level 23.
I then looked online that Pikachu learns thunderbolt at level 26.
I can't restart and go to my last save because I saved after my Pikachu evolved.
I have a save before I evolved it but my Bulbasaur that I trained is at level 13.
Raichu learns thunderbolt at level 1.
Is there a move relearner? If so where?
If not is there a thunderbolt TM? Where?
You do realize that by evolving Pikachu and Bulbasaur, you will miss many events regarding them, right?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
That's good to know...
I'll go back to my save created a few days ago,
before my Bulbasaur and Pikachu evolved.
I'm glad I saved before my Bulbasaur evolved.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Can Someone help me in Sprite,Scripting & Mapping?

I want to make a hack on Full Johto Adventures!

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
And Also Would LIke Help from Metapod23 So that We can combine the game and Player can continue with same Lineup!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
You do realize that by evolving Pikachu and Bulbasaur, you will miss many events regarding them, right?

Which Pokemon do I need for certain future events?
Can I evolve my squirtle?
Also should I evolve my charmander? Won't he not listen to my commands?
I was wondering if i need a charizard/charmeleon for future events.

Years
No, do not evolve Squirtle. It does not evolve in the anime.
Yes, you should evolve Charmander, and yes it will disobey you. Just like in the anime.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
And Also Would LIke Help from Metapod23 So that We can combine the game and Player can continue with same Lineup!
You cannot do that.
It's impossible to "bring" Pokemon from one hack to another (yeah, you can trade but you cannot start with them)

You need the same party as Satoshi had in anime.

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2016
I would support everyone making a johto hack because there is not one made out there in comparison to the kanto hack. So good luck kid go for it!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I really like this hack but there are some serious issues that I think should be kept in mind for future updates.

1: Fix the bad egg glitch resulting from the grandpa canyon event.

2: If you're going to enable berries as hinted in the Xanadu Nursery event, I should hope it wont be an issue to enable the emerald version's berry system in fire red, as the EV berries (Pomeg, Kelpsy, ect) only got that attribute in emerald which came a year or so after the Fire Red/Leaf Green games. I hope it wont be an issue to import the coding to modify the FR berries to act like the emerald berries, because it would be a huge pain to not be able to EV train your pokemon for the later challenges in Kanto prior to the league.

3: If HMs can't be used, at least allow certain HM moves to be learned via level up. Charizard without Fly is wrong no matter how you slice it (even if he never obeys) and Pikachu should get acsess to surf somehow because Light Ball is pretty useless overall unless you update it to boost both attack and special attack, or modify pikachu's movepool to pick up ice punch or grass knot or something.

4: This point ties in with 3. More move tutors needed, and definately enable a REAL breeding center, since many pokemon due to being underused in the anime don't get any noteworthy moves (Dugtrio NEEDS Rock Slide and so does Primape to name an example if one were to catch another after giving up the one featured in the primeape goes bananas event), and some tutors should be reusable if a move is particularly important, such as Body Slam for either Squirtle or Bulbasaur. And there certainly be more TMs available too, it's atad frustrating that in an otherwise simple battle that one's team is unable to really fight due to the lack of moves available. Bulbasaur with Sludge Bomb comes to mind.

5: There's a ton of places after Fucsia City with locked doors, will those doors be able to be opened in a future version? If there's supposed to be any items I can pick up between Fuscia City and Cinnibar Island going into those homes would help though waiting for a future version would of course be the only recourse there.

6: Given the increadible level jump right at the Kanto League tournament it would be helpful to have more trainers to battle throughout the Kanto region. Sure officially Ash loses the tournament (in part due to inexperiance and due to his Charizard's ego making him an ungrateful cretin) but with work I was able to win first place in the previous beta. From there of course the elite 4 is extremely powerful but defeating them isn't my intention with this point, as if the orange islands are gonna be as tricky with their level jumps having plenty more trainers in Kanto to fight (and the enabling of EV training) would help to make things a lot less of a hassle. This would help especially considering James' Weezing loves to explode too much.

7: Update certain abilities to mirror modern changes. If adding Seed Bomb was done along with the generation 5 buffs to tackle and giga drain among other things, making Sturdy as well as Stench work as it did in B/W shouldn't be much of an issue. Likewise giving new effects to Run Away, Keen Eye, and Pickup in conjunction with their traditional benefits would also help like giving Run Away the benefit of preventing loss to the speed stat, or giving Keen Eye the same effect as Compound Eyes for whatever non-bug pokemon able to use it instead of preventing accuracy loss (as in real life Keen Eye reflects how birds of prey can see anything on the ground from a mile in the air) to name examples. I mean, if Rage is altered to be like Rollout and Ice Ball and Seed Bomb was effectively modded into the game (though the TM that teaches it seriously needs work since it says Psyche Up on the description) changing abilities shouldn't be too hard.

This is all I can think of for right now, and I apologize if it seems like I'm demanding but these are some issues I hope are resolved in future releases in one form or another.

Back