• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to the Myoto region!

Which starter would you choose?

• Cycadino-Cycasaur-Petaldon

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Bunnignite-Rabblaze-Rabburst

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Finsh-Eddylphin-Maelstream

Votes: 18 32.1%

• Total voters

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I decided to merge the generations to a single more complete one.

New, way better thought through map of the region:
8bbee20ad7c2f8ed4cf5812592966b3a-d4w7ysj.png

Urora Route Guide
Type sheet (actual generations and current plans in last 2 columns)

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2012
I use to pick the water starter. But, damn, I don't like this water starter and the Grass one is pretty cool instead. So the Grass Starter it will be!

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
Wow, an insane amount of time and effort in this project. And it's beautiful. @_@ I love the grass starters for both regions, and hope you don't get rid of one of them when you merge the two. D:

My computer loads dA links wicked slow, so I actually went to your tumblr to look at them. I'm going to comment on a couple things on there, but it also doesn't look like it's updated as recently as your dA, so if my suggestions are obsolete please just ignore. ^-^

The Anophillar line. I understand what you were trying to do with the orange first evolution, then blue second evolution, then combination of the two; but somehow it still seems off. There's no bug evolution line I could see that makes such a color jump as almost entirely orange to entirely blue. The closest I could find was Spinarak, but even that is only a two-part evolution instead of three/four. Maybe you could try to work the colors together a bit more?

Donkid is too precious <3 but the pose between the it and its evolutions is almost identical. This wouldn't really matter until the spriting phase (if you have one), but it still struck me.

I love Horrifox. So much more B.A. than Golbat or Crobat. <333

The same poses thing applies to Dactiny.

There's very little about Hubird and Tybird that implies they're fighting types. Most of the fighting types have bulging muscles, fighting poses, or at least an angry face. I like the idea of a flying/fighting type SO MUCH, but I think these two could use a little bit of editing maybe.

I didn't have time to go through much more of it, but really, I am so impressed. Your work is amazing. The concepts, the art, the region, the badges... all of it. :) I really think you should reconsider making it a rom hack.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Thanks for the long reply :DDD

I don't think contrasting colour changes are out of the question.
Mareep
Hoppip
Trapinch...

I'm absolutely sticking with these colours on that one, I wanted the blue/orange contrast from the point I was imagining it in my mind :S

The second starters aren't going away :)
After the main game, you'd get on a plane, go around the planet to Jap... I mean the pokemon world of the first 4 generations, to the area between Johto and Hoenn, called Myoto,
where, even though most pokemon from these parts have been discovered a long time ago, there are still a few new stages hiding to some of the native species from these regions in that corner.
The prof from Urora offers you one from a second set of starters (Urora has about 180 pokes, meaning itd be the biggest generation, hence exclusively having 2 starter sets) for the quest to find the final undocumented stages.
You get the suggestion to put everything you caught up to that point into the PC except your new starter, and can explore this region filled with all the old favourites and make a nostalgic team, acquiring a second bunch of badges.
But actually, you would then find out that there is even some legends hidden there...
In more completed later versions of these games, the starters would be reversed (youd start with these and pick the original for Myoto) and the postgame story regarding the legends as deep as the main story.

After I get around finishing all my planned designs,
I intend to improve some, adjust some, try to do actual sugimori style, and give some of them more interesting poses. For now I just wanna get the basic designs done.

Yeah, Tybird has been on the list for redesign for some time but its far from priority.
Its not gonna change completely, just feel less derp and more "Chi"... xD
Its Fighting/Flying not reverse btw *smartass* :P
(check it out, the types are never randomly ordered, the first one is more important)

Oh and here goes Submeow
#118(767) -- Submeow - Ground

This is not a cat.
Its a Sharkat!

#119(768) --lv.40-> Sharkat - Ground / Water

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2012
I really like everything i looked at, your art is good and so is your spriting. what program do you use for thr regular art.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
:3
photoshop, but could achieve the same result with similar programs really.

Skwirly evo:
#013(662) --lv.15-> Skwircheek - Normal / Ground

now theres no gaps all up to #59

Years
This is a really cool project, I can see the time you have to put in to make all this, and it's amazing. I just checked your Urora 2.0 sheet on your deviantArt page, and I really like the "baby-torkoal" fakemon and the one just after Sharkat.

Do you have a list somewhere with all the names for the fakemons? It would be much easier to comment on specific fakemons then. :)

Also, your badges look great to, they have a very good balance between details and simplicity that makes them look very professinoal made.

Feel free to PM me when you post new updates, I would appreciate it. :)

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
#104(753) -- --Trade-> Hademise - Ghost / Dark

This is a really cool project, I can see the time you have to put in to make all this, and it's amazing. I just checked your Urora 2.0 sheet on your deviantArt page, and I really like the "baby-torkoal" fakemon and the one just after Sharkat.

Do you have a list somewhere with all the names for the fakemons? It would be much easier to comment on specific fakemons then. :)

Also, your badges look great to, they have a very good balance between details and simplicity that makes them look very professinoal made.

Feel free to PM me when you post new updates, I would appreciate it. :)

The first post of the thread has the names, each linked to its art on dA (its in a spoiler tag below the Urora map). Theres also one in a journal entry.
And theres galleries for Urora in order and the national-dex expansion.

You can "watch" this thread so it notifies you of new posts, since I always make a post of new stuff.

Years
#104(753) -- --Trade-> Hademise - Ghost / Dark

The first post of the thread has the names, each linked to its art on dA (its in a spoiler tag below the Urora map). Theres also one in a journal entry.
And theres galleries for Urora in order and the national-dex expansion.

You can "watch" this thread so it notifies you of new posts, since I always make a post of new stuff.

Thanks, I checked the first post and there was a lot of spoilers I haven't noticed before. I really like the idea for the power ball e.g.

Also checked the fakemon sheet again now that I know their names, and my favorites are these:
Civat (it's kinda cute)
Gelmet
Fumabroil and their evolutions
Venemiras and Malumiras (I especially like Venemiras design. They aren't legendaries are they?)
Akalibur and Yumra (Awesome wing designs on both of them)

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Venemiras and Malumiras (I especially like Venemiras design. They aren't legendaries are they?)

:3

They are. Its the casual legendary trio (birds,beasts,golems,musketeers), creepy underground creatures that are said to be manifestations of negative human emotions.

Some more stuff about my legends:

Then there is the two birds that represent light vs darkness, which are also kind of a reverse Lugia/Ho-oh concept/homage.

And the environmental legends Ambezia and Magnean, which are the keys to keeping Ametox, the legend of destruction and pollution, in check.

I have another group of legendaries planned, which will be more like the psychic trio from DPt.. as in, their designs will be more simple/similar, all will share the Ghost type as their main. But they will represent the states of matter/the greek elements (which I recently shockingly noticed might be one and the same), with the fourth state/element being superior and hidden :B

Also legendary groups always tend to have similar movesets, so I put mine in tables just to look at XD...

Years
I like the concept for your legendaries, and I'm curious on how your psychic-like trio will turn out. Are you planning to make any legendaries like the creation trio Dialga, Palkia and Giratina?

Nice movesets too. :)

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Those were like a big party to complete the first package,
ie, it slowly evolved through generations I-IV starting with no proper legends, to 2 sacred flying beasts, a creation of myth about the surface of the planet, and then a myth talking directly about the universe as a creation. Then they went far away for a fresh start with casual legendaries again, the royal dragons etc..

I went for the more casual legends, with the birds of light and dark just being famous and having monolithic structures built for them (stone henge like)... and the environmental legends just representing some more core aspects of nature, biology and electromagnetism.

If I ever get around making another generation for some reason, Id surely make a creation myth based group, but this right now is a generation of variety, tons of weird type combinations and a bigger rounded up standalone bunch. Unlike gen IV for example, which was about the ultimate legends and fancy extras and upgrades for the 3 generations before it. Like the cherry on top, before they went away from Japan as the basis and made Unova.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2013
Your work is amazing. I love your water starter. You have a great style.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2013
I keep checking back here to see more art done by you! your style is amazing! I really commend you on your creativity of these fakemon

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Is it just me or does your artwork look more colorful than normal games? It's heavily detailed and extravagant. Vibrant and full of life. Fantastic work!

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Is it just me or does your artwork look more colorful than normal games? It's heavily detailed and extravagant. Vibrant and full of life. Fantastic work!

I was gonna make them all less saturated at some point, but it does the job its meant to in this form anyway. xD

#116(765) -- Dolfeen - Water
#117(766) --lv.38-> Bloomfeen - Water / Grass

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Here is the second legendary trio of Urora.
They are three spirits, representing states of matter/classical elements, and carry an orb of said element with them.
solid/earth - liquid/water - gas/wind
of course they fittingly resemble a land-dwelling 4 limbed creature, an aquatic creature and a bird-like creature.

#166(824) -- Solider - Ghost / Rock
#167(825) -- Fluiquid - Ghost / Water
#168(826) -- Aerogaos - Ghost / Flying

There will be a fourth superior legendary representing plasma/fire later.
Guess what kind of creature that one will resemble :P

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Very nice!

Here is the second legendary trio of Urora.
They are three spirits, representing states of matter/classical elements, and carry an orb of said element with them.
solid/earth - liquid/water - gas/wind
of course they fittingly resemble a land-dwelling 4 limbed creature, an aquatic creature and a bird-like creature.

#166(824) -- Solider - Ghost / Rock
#167(825) -- Fluiquid - Ghost / Water
#168(826) -- Aerogaos - Ghost / Flying

There will be a fourth superior legendary representing plasma/fire later.
Guess what kind of creature that one will resemble :P
Wow! My favorite of your second trio is Aerogaos. That one is really cool. And, the types match up fairly well!

Back