• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Ambient

Should Ambient Include A Third Type To Each Pokémon?

• Yes, because Beedrill or Dustox would be Bug / Poison / Flying

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • No, because Pokémon only need two Types / other reasoning.

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SereneAmbience

Founder of Pokémon Ambient
Years
You are kidding me?!
You've got Lala doing themes too?! Dx
There is no humor here.. except during game play. Just great teamwork!
We are extremely lucky to have all our members, because without them none of this project would ever be developed.

Speaking of development, if current members could assist me in finding spriters (or public sprites) that could help create B/W style tiles and tilesets with no-outline buildings and tropical palettes, I would be forever grateful. That is now the department needed to start constructing maps! Thank you whoever takes on this task, its dreadful. Just pm with more information!

darkrown

Mind Traveller
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Hi there, i´m gonna start putting some Pkmn moves i came by, i´ll put it in Type Order, starting with Fire Type.
+ FIRE
Skilled Shot: strength-60 precision-100 can paralyze the opponent / physical / PP-10

Crossfire: strength-80 Accuracy-90 in double battles, the power increase twice / special / PP-15

Flame Blade: strength-75 precision-100 can burn the enemy 50% / physical / PP-10

Back Fume: strength-120 precision-90 1st 2nd thermal energy charge attacks / special / PP-10

Combustion: strength-40 precision-100 doubled if the opponent switches pokemon / special / PP-20

Boost: strength-x precision-x greatly increases the speed / state /

darkrown

Mind Traveller
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Ok, thanks for show me that, if you still wanna see my other moves (you´ll never know if you need some backup moves XD), just tell me.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Okay, I looked at your google site, I'm absolutely amazed!! This looks like more of a official pokemon game then a fangame. Everything is laid out professionally, and your designs, maps, and badges are so cool! Keep it up!

SereneAmbience

Years
Ok, thanks for show me that, if you still wanna see my other moves (you´ll never know if you need some backup moves XD), just tell me.
You can construct a similar spreadsheet and send me a link to it, I would be glad to use a few of them and credit you of course! :3

Okay, I looked at your google site, I'm absolutely amazed!! This looks like more of a official pokemon game then a fangame. Everything is laid out professionally, and your designs, maps, and badges are so cool! Keep it up!
Dradier, this is only the beginning of how amazing our Google Site is going to look! Professionalism is my forte. ;) Thanks for the compliment!

Rexhunter99

C/C++ Programmer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Atla
  • Seen Sep 14, 2016
A pity you want ruby scripters and RPG Maker peoples... I'm a rather skilled C/C++ programmer who'd be intereted in such a project if it were in my language of choice, especially because I love to work on games for Linux and Windows and have managed several succesful ports.

SereneAmbience

Years
A pity you want ruby scripters and RPG Maker peoples... I'm a rather skilled C/C++ programmer who'd be intereted in such a project if it were in my language of choice, especially because I love to work on games for Linux and Windows and have managed several succesful ports.
I apologize, Rexhunter99. We mean no disrespect. The purpose behind of why I chose RPG Maker XP to host Pokémon Ambient? Well, I bought the program for a class to make a video game, then I found that it had a Pokémon Essentials starter kit! I have grown attached to this program and unfortunately it only provides a "Ruby-like" script pattern. We could use your support or talents in other departments? I have self-educated myself on HTML/CSS and apply it to the Google Site. If C++ could help in any department in some way, please let me know! I would be glad to add you to the team in some way!

Rexhunter99

C/C++ Programmer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Atla
  • Seen Sep 14, 2016
I apologize, Rexhunter99. We mean no disrespect. The purpose behind of why I chose RPG Maker XP to host Pokémon Ambient? Well, I bought the program for a class to make a video game, then I found that it had a Pokémon Essentials starter kit! I have grown attached to this program and unfortunately it only provides a "Ruby-like" script pattern. We could use your support or talents in other departments? I have self-educated myself on HTML/CSS and apply it to the Google Site. If C++ could help in any department in some way, please let me know! I would be glad to add you to the team in some way!

Well I'm skilled in HTML4, XHTML, HTML5, CSS2, CSS3, MySQL, MSSQL, PHP, ASP and Javascript as well from a web perspective:
My Website: http://www.epiczen.net/
A Game Community I run: http://www.thecarnivoressaga.com/
If Ruby is capable of running dynamic link libraries (DLL's on Windows and SO files on Linux) I can write those too if need be.

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2013
I was brought here by Lala. This looks like an interesting project. I might not be able to help programming wise, but I can give you some ideas for attacks and abilities. I've made a Google Doc that I can send you later with ideas I already have if you want.

SereneAmbience

Years
I was brought here by Lala. This looks like an interesting project. I might not be able to help programming wise, but I can give you some ideas for attacks and abilities. I've made a Google Doc that I can send you later with ideas I already have if you want.
That would be cool to see this Doc! I will honor you in our credits for donating these idea also!

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years

Anyone called for another usable theme? x3 Vice-President of Operation's gone for a short while in attempt to finish this theme ^^

SereneAmbience

Years
Hey everyone! I have tried to find time out of school to catch up a bit! :P

Many members have worked hard to help this project grow! Firstly, thank you! Secondly, we are almost ready to begin production! I have complied a few more pages on the website, including moves [link], abilities [link], and items [link]! The composers have provided me with some beautiful examples of songs [link] that will be awesome to add to the game (and match perfectly!). Artists have also supplied us with some cool badge looking concepts [link]!

I am now in the process of transferring colleges and moving, so having time for Ambient is becoming harder and harder. BUT, I will still strive to work on information for locations, places, and etc. While packing up my room, I found yet another notepad of information, a bunch of scrapped ideas and pictures of Pokémon ideas, and lastly a journal that holds a lot of Team Static & the Dynamic Squad's storyline. I will update the Google Site with this information on my free time so make sure to check back to different pages to see how they are advancing. Also I will add the HTML/CSS designs to make everything more attractive!

Last edited:

SereneAmbience

Years
New update: Wow this thread has died...

I am now looking for mappers! I seriously need help with those who have the tastes. Here is the spoiler of the position.
Spoiler:

I have every map already designed, but it is in RBY sprite formats. I will need some mappers help with finding better graphics that we can credit to make the maps a lot nicer also. Unfortunately, still no spriters willing to make tiles for us, but hey we have only just started.

Also click on this photo of Tricott Town to see how the design is looking! =)

I also want to ask everyone's thoughts on Ambient. Is there something that is confusing or could use more work? Is there something that I can do to improve a specific part? I am working on screenshots for the first post which some requested. Comment! =D

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
New update: Wow this thread has died...
Also click on this photo of Tricott Town to see how the design is looking! =)

I like where you're going with it, its a good start
I like how the colors compliment each other, the grass was a good choice for those trees
what i hate though is how you tried to make the mountain tiles, it just looks hideous
what i also dont like are the random 4th gen mailboxes, those also look gross in comparison
I'm on the fence about the fences, hahaha
other than that it looks quite solid
the colors also look fair for a tropical region, rather than a more dark rich color green for a temperate region

SereneAmbience

Years
Looks great! I'd offer to help if I could think of something I could do to help!
Become a Supporter which will massively help Ambient! All you have to do is share our information around whenever something new appears, Facebook, or etc. Or by simply contributing to the discussions on the thread! =)
I like where you're going with it, its a good start
I like how the colors compliment each other, the grass was a good choice for those trees
what i hate though is how you tried to make the mountain tiles, it just looks hideous
what i also dont like are the random 4th gen mailboxes, those also look gross in comparison
I'm on the fence about the fences, hahaha
other than that it looks quite solid
the colors also look fair for a tropical region, rather than a more dark rich color green for a temperate region
Yo ho! Yes,.... Thank you for your input! Yeah the palette was something I wanted to put a lot of time towards meeting a tropical setting. The graphics are just temporary until further notice, hince the not-so-attractive mountains, FR/LG trees, and mailboxes.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Yo ho! Yes,.... Thank you for your input! Yeah the palette was something I wanted to put a lot of time towards meeting a tropical setting. The graphics are just temporary until further notice, hince the not-so-attractive mountains, FR/LG trees, and mailboxes.

don't underestimate the power of the 3rd generation, my friend
it is a very nice generation with loads of graphics that are, for most people here, default, but for good reason
they exist almost in its entirety, which no other generation can say (except generation 1+2, but their graphics are not the best as they dont work in layers)
however, if you make the move towards 4th, or 5th generation don't go along with it's color scheme, even if you use some of it's graphics I really think you should keep the color scheme you have now (really i'm talking about the trees, the colors are all different but i think those colors with a little change here and there could be the perfect color) maybe change it up with some red and orange

otherwise, good luck, keep up the good work

ZealithSeribii

The Zealith
Years
I'm sure this will turn out great when it's finished! Also, I'd like to join this project. I could help with the storyline or with designing teams for important trainers to use, just describe the kind of personality they have and I can design a team that fits them (Gym Leaders, important characters, Elite Four, etc). If there's anything I can do to help please let me know!

Last edited:

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
The map looks good, but the grass isn't seamless. I can see where it is tiled, so, I could suggest a larger grass tile. =3= The random ledges near the edge of the mountain tiles, what are they there for? You can find some good tiles on deviantART, especially some tree and building tiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back