• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Children Are Hunted (OOC)

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
A wild SU appeared!

Harbinger:

Name: Jari Hernandez
Appearance: (Images are acceptable but one or more paragraph descriptions are preferable.)

Jari has inherited brown skin, with short, black hair. He is about 5' 6". His face is a slightly circular shape, and his eyes are a deep, dark brown. His other facial features are your average mouth and nose and such, except for his slightly large ears. He is weaker than he looks, even though he seems to have large muscle (no, he is NOT fat, and that is not flab. Probably not, anyway...). Jari also has abnormal feet that grow extremely quickly. He usually wears a short sleeved shirt, a pair of cargo shorts, and a pair of sunglasses.

I'll make an image in the future to go along with this. Hopefully.

Personality:
(How they act, their strengths, weaknesses, flaws, charming points, etc. Two points please.)

Jari is, well, a bit of a nerd. Not your stereotypical, snort, pulled-up-pants, glasses and carroty hair nerd. Just a nerd in the sense that he knows a lot. He isn't snotty, but he tends to brag sometimes. He is very fiery, full of emotion. He tends to have too much spirit sometimes, making shier people around him embarrassed. He's kind to nature and Pokemon, and can be to people also... just not as often.

He's also smart, (like I said, nerd in a way) and tends to correct people and their facts almost subconsciously. He also loves to eat. It's something that even his grandparents had criticized about him since he was born- "que come demasiado!" his grandma would yell in Spanish- "He eats too much!" He also feels that the past can be the past, but it can influence the present if you want it to- but he feels that if you let the past get to you too much, you're usually being an idiot.

Background: (Their life before the dreams, family life, school life, etc. Two Paragraphs at least please)

Jari comes from a long line of Dominicans (Dominican Republic- in the Caribbean), until his parents migrated over to Hawaii and Jari was born there. His family left him alone to explore the world around him since it was how his parents were raised, and Jari ended up making very interesting finds about nature, which will not be discussed too much for the sake of brevity. However, Jari was always longing for more knowledge, so he forced his parents to let him go to school. His parents were poor, so Jari was forced to go to public school.

During the first day, it was awkward. He would move in his seat a lot, since he was used to moving around outside. All the teachers would talk about was boring and was common sense anyway. "Next rule. No running in the halls, you could fall and hurt yourself," they would say. Or, "now for rule number 5, don't speak out of turn." By the end of the day, Jari was beginning to regret his choice. Maybe he could be home-schooled? The next day, however, was different. Now things would be interesting. The teachers began to show the facilities, like the computers (Jari was all over those) and the library and all that. Maybe this wasn't so bad after all! On the third day, when the teachers began teaching, Jari finally began to receive what he came for- an education.

At first, learning spelling and simple addition was tricky. He began to learn that sounding it out didn't work for crud. That one plus seven equaled eight. You know, the simple stuff. In fact, Jari found this kind of stuff to be pretty easy. All the other children would glare at him as if he had a secret to getting so many perfect worksheets and exams, getting those straight As that would impress everyone's parents, including their own. Jari didn't really care, though. He came for a education, so he could care less about a reputation among others his age. Some children looked up to him, while some of the more jealous and scheming ones looked down at him, wanting to beat him up for just about no reason except his grades. They never really got that chance, though, in fear of the rules and all that.

In about 4th grade, his teachers began calling him a prodigy. His straight As made him smart, his great knowledge of the piano made him smart, and just the fact that he seemed to put effort into his work in contrast to other children made him smart. Jari himself didn't see the big deal, since he just continued to do what he always did- work towards an education. He continued to be called a prodigy for a lot more years after, mostly in attempt to build his ego, which had slowly filled a bit over the years, but wasn't as far as you would think than what he started out with. Anyway, Jari continued to excel in school for the many years after.

He had found Blaze, which is now his Monferno, when he was one day cleaning the kitchen while his parents were out. When Blaze stumbled into his home and singed his parent's rug, Jari freaked out. But, since he noticed he didn't really care much for the rug anyway, he gave the small Chimchar some food, which it gratefully took. They ended up being friends (which is better explained in the Pokemon section). As for the rug, Jari just threw it out. When his parents asked, he said a Pokemon took it. His parents definitely didn't believe him, but they refrained from questioning him about it, since they weren't very fond of the rug, either. Seems like that Chimchar had good taste. Anyway, they assumed that he hid it somewhere because he spilled something on it or something.

When Jari was about 12, his house was set ablaze. No one was exactly sure how it happened. It killed both his parents, but only Jari survived, since he was somehow able to survive the heat of the fire- he didn't find it uncomfortable at all, in fact. Jari, once he was out of the burning house, thought about how the fire came about. It wasn't Blaze, that was for sure, since he was with Jari when the house came on fire. Many who heard the story claimed it was Blaze anyhow, only adding fuel to the Knights of Valor's flame (which Jari had been oblivious about until someone told him). Afterwards, although Jari was certain it wasn't Blaze, he left towards the more wild side of Hawaii to train his Pokemon and investigate fire using Blaze, so that he could possibly find the cause of his parents' death, and also to increase his Pokemon's power and finesse. In that time, Jari reached many conclusions but he decided that most of them he couldn't support, and when he came back to town a month or two later as a 13 year old, he heard about the League and decided to participate in it, knowing that he could do a lot more with his newly evolved Monferno.

Legend: (One of the above) Groudon
Powers: (Basic idea, but must fit the legendary Pokemon of the character, for example, the Groudon Harbinger can't use any kind of water or air based power.)

Jari is able to move land in an eight foot radius around him, however, it makes him tired, and he usually needs some food afterwards to replenish his energy (like a candy bar or something). He can move magma, and he can also rise magma out of the earth- however, the few times he does, he quickly either eats something or passes out. He can also bear any amount of heat and doesn't really have a need for water as much as many other people do. So of course, walking through fire is something he would be able to do (and he's done it).

Pokemon (Up to Two)

Nickname: Blaze
Species: Monferno
Level: 15
Moves: (One Egg Move and TM move allowed)
Ember
Mach Punch
Blaze Kick (Egg Move)
Acrobatics (TM)
Personality: Adamant
Background: (How the human and Pokemon met, grew up, how they evolved if they did, etc)

Blaze was once a young Chimchar, who frequently wandered into Jari's home. Jari (who was 9 at the time) didn't mind. In fact, Jari liked the creature and always gave it food, calling him "Blaze". After a couple of years, when Jari was eleven, he and Blaze could speak without words- or almost, anyway. The Chimchar wanted Jari to catch him (seemingly strange to Jari, but if Blaze wanted it, sure, why not.) after they had perfected making hand signs as a precaution, because both knew that once in a PokeBall, the Chimchar would never be able to speak again.

After Blaze was caught, they used their ability to their advantage, and they excelled in battles in the local towns nearby. Tragically, a while after, when Blaze was out of his Pokeball with Jari, Jari's house came ablaze. Both his parents were killed. Jari was sure that it wasn't the Chimchar's fault- but the incident and rumors spread, and everyone in the neighboring towns quickly believed that it was Blaze. Knowing it wasn't Blaze's fault, Jari decided to train it anyway and use it to investigate fire so that he could know what caused his parents' death. He quickly evolved into Monferno, and then Jari heard about the League. However, due to the fact that he spent a lot of time with Blaze, he didn't have any other Pokemon with him. Albeit this fact, Jari decided to see what he could end up doing at the League with (for now) only a Monferno.

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Icy Burn thank you for the edits and you are accepted!

DeLaMuerte, your SU seems unrealistic. It's a good idea for a character, but the parents being that unintelligent and ignoring their child without any real showing of psychological repercussions is unbelievable, to be blunt, especially after taking advantage of his successful finds like that. I'd recommend taking a look over it again and making it more plausible. Until then you are pending.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Well, I hope everything is in order. If not please let me know. :D

Name: Glacia

Species: Dragonair

Level: 36

Moves: Slam, Twister, Thunder Wave, Ice Beam (TM)

Appearance: A normal Dragonair for all intents and purposes, aside from several, (now long healed) striations on her backside and her size being considerably smaller than that of the Pokemon normally found in her evolutionary line, i.e. a runt.
[Normal Dragonair: 13'01" Imperial, Galacia: 6'00" Imperial]

Personality: If there was one word to describe Glacia, it would be curious. Not as in an enigma, but in her ever persistent need to perceive the world around her in a more unified whole. Her natural inclination to poke and prod those around her, to see how they respond and better understand the action and reaction caused by her inquiry. Some would define her as cerebral, always thinking and processing several things at one time.

She is often cold to those around her, never caring much if she hurts the feelings of others with her assumptions or attitude. Her attitude towards others is almost nonchalant, never appearing overly stressed or angry towards her fellow Pokemon. It is humans that hold the prize of possessing her greatest ire. Many don't know why she despises humans and her passion to liberate Pokemon from their grasp, she refuses to tell her story to those who ask. (See Background)

Underneath this cool, sometimes aloof demeanor, a fiery inferno lies in wait for those who push her too far. Often times she will blow off small transgressions made towards her, but if someone were to commit a serious sin from her list of immoral behavior, a switch would flip and the scary side or Glacia would surface.

Pity sums up her attitude towards the Pokemon captured by humans. She views them as brain washed individuals who are in desperate need of liberation. Even if sometimes she says otherwise, she does care. Maybe not in ways perceivable by others, but in her own, sometimes, impossible to tell way.

Background: A history starting in the wild, harsh world of Siberia, Russia. One would think that would be an odd place to find dragons, and they would be right. Glacia's mother, having been pursued for a great deal of her life by trainers, sought refuge in the wide open and remote expanses of Siberia. For the most part, aside from the frigid temperatures which she eventually adapted to, it was far enough away from the people who wanted a dragon for themselves. Glacia's mother eventually found a mate and the result of this union resulted in not only Glacia's birth, but those of her two brothers.

Glacia was, for lack of a better term, a runt. She was incredibly small upon hatching from her egg. Her mother thought she would never make it past the first weeks of life. Against all odds she proved her wrong and although she remained small for what she was, she continued to grow. Her life wasn't hectic and it was happy for the most part, the other Pokemon in the area harassed her due to her size, but she quickly came to ignore their goading.

It was one night, when she was still a Dratini, that her life took a turn for the worse. A group of strong trainers had been in the area, training for whatever reason. They spotted Glacia's mother returning to their cave in the mountainside and mounted an expedition, each of them eager to add powerful dragons to their roster. They came during her slumber, their Pokemon seeming to mindlessly obey their masters and assault the happy dragon family. Her mother, father, and both her brothers were captured after a long and harrowing struggle. The trainers took one look at her minuscule size and seeing as they had already captured a dragon for each of them, deemed her unworthy of capture and a "pathetic excuse for a dragon." They took branches and beat her almost to the point of death, her back now permanently scarred from the assault.

Beaten and alone, she lay in the cave for days on end. Eventually help came in the form of an Altaria who came to claim the cave as her own. She had intended to nest and rear a family of her own, which she did, Glacia from that day on just happened to be a part of it. Tara, as she came to introduce herself, nurtured Glacia back to health and took over the vital training that had once been the responsibility of her mother. Her skill improved quickly, all the while her hatred for mankind festered underneath. She swore that one day she would liberate her family. The was the first exposure she ever had with mankind and it left an acrid taste in her mouth.

It became a running joke that she was an "Ice Dragon". Something to do with her personality and where she grew up. She took the nickname in stride, as she did all the others. She parted from the tender care of her surrogate mother and explored what she could in search of her family. Curiosity and her naiveté of the actual world around her got her in more trouble than she had initially hoped. A trainer, who apparently didn't care about her size, attacked and attempted to capture her. It was then, as the ball was shaking and she was inside, that she knew what the captured Pokemon went through. They were not free, her family was not free as the humans claim. She broke free from the ball and in her rage, defeated the trainer and his Pokemon. As a result of this battle, she evolved into the Dragonair she is today. A pint-sized Pokemon, but well on her way to being a real dragon.

There were rumors of a small group of Pokemon that intended to liberate their fellows. Glacia sought them out and came to find out they were called the Rebels for the Destruction of Man. Without hesitation, she joined their ranks and swore to aid them however she could.​

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Claire* I'll wait on giving you the verdict at the moment until Nideous gives the once-over. :)

But yes Garet that is exactly what we shall do. :) Or at least most of the spots.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Icy Burn thank you for the edits and you are accepted!

DeLaMuerte, your SU seems unrealistic. It's a good idea for a character, but the parents being that unintelligent and ignoring their child without any real showing of psychological repercussions is unbelievable, to be blunt, especially after taking advantage of his successful finds like that. I'd recommend taking a look over it again and making it more plausible. Until then you are pending.

Alright, understood. I'll fix it. I see where it went wrong (and I have to agree, it was unrealistic looking back at it), so I'll edit it quickly.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Oooohh, oooohh! *raises hand* Can I sign up? Can I, can I? Or at least reserve a spot for the time being? As a Harbinger of Palkia if that's possible.

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Of course you can Mammoth! :) Everyone's welcome and thanks for your patience everybody.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
@Claire: Brilliant SU, I like the detail of it~ I'd say you're accepted, wouldn't you Fuyu?

@Garet: Exactly. We're waiting for more people.

@Mammoth: Welcome! You are Reserved!

@Everyone: Tell your friends! Anyone you recommend that gets accepted will ean you my undying affection! No seriously, tell your friends. x3

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Claire is accepted! :) I will add all accepted when I get back from school. Also I will look at edits then too. ^_^

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Done with my SU as well! Look it over when you have the chance.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
@Greiger. I looked over your SU. It looks excellent to me. :3 Thomas and Francais should get along well. *Snickers* I'll confer with Fuyu when she gets on and see what she thinks of it too.

@Icy and Claire. Welcome aboard to both of you. I hope you enjjoy this RP. :D

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Greiger and Claire*, you both are accepted! Welcome officially!

DeLaMuerte, I'm not sure what our verdict is yet but... I would recommend expanding on his school life. He was a prodigy according to the public school. How well did that go? Or if you really don't want to elaborate on it, maybe make a short RP sample on how you would write him.

My SU is at home so I can't post my progress right now. It's pretty close to being done.

Edit: To those of you writing or fixing your SUs, please don't rush through them :) You have plenty of time and if we start before you are ready, don't worry. It's more of a go-your-own-pace. I don't think it will happen but don't freak out if it does.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Thank you Fuyu and thank you Nideous. Can't wait to get this started and such like that.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Name: Alexander"The Vampire" Michael Collins
Appearance: Alex, despite being extremely active, has very pale skin consistent to that of notebook paper which leads people to jokingly call him a Vampire. Standing at nice height of six feet and three inches, this slender young man is taller than most his friends. His slate green eyes help to rid people of actually being suspicious of him being a vampire but then again his coldest glare is enough to shut most people up. The boy has never been one to cut his hair so as a result his wavy caramel brown hair extends to his shoulders.

As if to complete the air of unapproachability about him, the teen has a penchant for dark clothing. Specifically Alex favors a black leather jacket which both helps keep him warm and keeps his shirt an obscurity. As if that wasn't enough the teen's waist are decked out in white leather pants with various pointless looping crimson belts. As if that wasn't the nail in the coffin(drumroll please?) Black combat boots adorn his feet.
Personality: Despite the way it might seem, Alex is simply shy and introverted. Instead of attempt to confront his insecurities, Alex hides behind a mask of ice and indifference to drive a wedge between him and others. In all reality the boy has low self-esteem and doesn't think much of himself. In social situations this leads him to cling to the background and not bring attention to himself. A smug smirk is always upon his face, as if he believes himself to be better than someone, so he can seem cool despite the fact that he feels inferior in general.

Once a person manages to push past the mask and befriend him, Alex is an extremely loyal friend. The boy is extremely kind and will cling to the few friends he gains. This youth fears being left alone which leads him to cling to his friends like glue. One of his more notable habits is running his hands through his hair when he feels anxious. Due to his generally introverted nature, Alex turns to his academics and hopes for high marks.
Background: Born and Raised in Eastern Kentucky, Alex only has a vague memory of his birth parents. When he was just three years old his parents were involved in a car wreck on their way through Louisville, Kentucky on a work related trip. Alex was watching TV in his room blissfully unaware while his babysitter watched the news in the adjacent room. It wasn't long before Alex was sent to Foster Care due to his parent's death where he was shuffled between family to family up until the age of ten where he was finally adopted. Needless to say his time in the Foster Care system had a major effect on his growth and development as he slowly came to believe that no one wanted to adopt him because he was completely inferior to the other kids his age.

Finally on Alex's tenth birthday, Alex was adopted by a kind couple with two kids his age. His new life with his new family was, at first anyways, extremely enjoyable. It wasn't till a few months later, however, that his thoughts kept returning to his birth parents. He couldn't even remember their faces anymore after all of that time and that bothered him immensely so much that he became detached from his new family though no one caught onto it. Everyone just assumed that he was naturally introverted because they never knew what happened to his family. Things seemed normal on the surface because he got good grades in school so his adopted family never asked.

Speaking of good grades, on Alex's seventeenth birthday he received a Riolu egg from his parents which hatched a few weeks later. Around that time Alex began receiving dreams in which a strange figure covered in fog and mist seemed to be beckoning to him. The dreams were strange to say the least and didn't make much sense, leaving many questions behind with no answers. It was also around this time that Alex realized that he could fly on accident. He and his family were taking a hike up a mountain when they finally reached the top of the mountain. In a sheer act of desperation and stupidity, Alex charged to stop Zephyr from walking off the edge only to end up falling off with the poor frightened Riolu clutched tightly in his arms. Creaking his eyes opening, Alex realized that they had stopped falling and were now hovering in midair. Needless to say Alex was freaked out but he did his best to fly himself and his pokemon back up. A week later Alex announced to his family that he intended to travel the globe in order to find more out about himself and his abilities.
Legend: Rayquaza
Powers: Flight- Exactly as it sounds, Alex is capable of soaring through the sky with skill and grace. As a result Alex's lungs have adapted to areas of high elevation where the oxygen is sparse.

Pokemon:

Nickname: Zephyr
Species: Lucario
Level: 14
Moves: Swords Dance, Metal Claw, Blaze Kick, and Force Palm
Personality: A very loyal pokemon who is extremely excitable.
Background: Zephyr and Alex met a few weeks after Alex's seventeenth birthday when he hatched from his egg. Quickly the two bonded where Alex played the older brother type role in the young pokemon's eyes and Zephyr filled the empty filling withing Alex's heart. After several weeks of training Alex's family decides to take a hike up a moment. Up at the top Zephyr, being young and unaware of the dangers associated with heights, peered out over the edge which result in the young pokemon getting knocked off balance. Alex tried to stop him but they both ended up falling only for Alex's power of flight to assist them. Overjoyed that they didn't die, Zephyr evolved into a Lucario upon being placed back upon the ground.

Last edited:
Back