• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Tips

RYOUKI

survive the world.
Years
Kalos region is expensive that every service needs a tip. So far, there's no benefits of giving tips therefore I'm wondering, do you give tips?

Seriously, every dang person you talked to asks for tips. I only give $100 tips since everything in Kalos is expensive, especially the clothes.

Everything is money-oriented in Kalos but at least it's not like the previous where they ask you 50 berries.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I gave a tip to the dude who sings in the Parfum Palace, but not to the photographer. I probably won't until we get a confirmation whether tips actually do anything other than make us waste money. Or I don't know, until I get rich and can actually afford giving tips in the game ^_^

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
I've heard from several guys on different forums (but i cannot confirm 100%) that giving tips increase shiny pokemon appearence rate.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I've heard from several guys on different forums (but i cannot confirm 100%) that giving tips increase shiny pokemon appearence rate.

I tip the most every time and still not sighted a shiny :P I must be unlucky.

Years
I've given tips a few times to restaurants and to the photographer, and apparently that increased my luck to get me a Shiny Hippopotas.

Reactions: Sun

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I've only given one tip to the Singer at the palace. $1000.

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
giving tips to everyone

has anyone else noticed how there's the option to tip people everywhere from phil the photo guy, to random people you give you information?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Just like in real life, it depends my mood. :P
Though if I find it amusing I will give the biggest amount. :)
Like the guy in Courmaline City. :')

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
I've only given a tip twice. Once to the photographer because I thought he'll give me something extra :P The other time was a $1000 tip to the guy who played Unwavering Emotions.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I've tipped a lot more since my last post, anybody that asks I give the max. If you score perfect in the restaurant battles they give you an option to tip $10,000. So of course I gave that. So far I've noticed no rewards but it's not like I'm hurting for money. I've even bought things for my character like the Down Jacket for $120,000.

Guy

just a guy
Years
So I've started giving tips on occasion as I've heard it increases your odds of encountering a shiny. Not sure how much credibility there is to that rumor, but I've had no such luck.

blue

gucci
Years
I used to give small tips occasionally to those who asked, I'd give $100 and $500 but that's about it. However since reading about the alleged Shiny ratio increase, I've been giving $1,000 at every opportunity I get!

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Does anybody know where the Shiny rumor started? Any website or anything we can look at? So far it's been word of mouth lol.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
I've gotten a shiny from Friend Safari without ever giving any tips. If anything I think they increased the rate inside of the safari to find shinies. The tip rumour doesn't sound right to me.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Tipping

Well, most of you should know this, but you have the option tipping people (such as waiters and such) in Pokemon X and Y. I don't think it was in B2W2, so my question is:

do you tip? How much? Why?

Also, what does it do? if anyone knows?

I don't tip people, just because i like to spend money on accessories instead!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
The only benefit I've seen is you get a medal on the global link for tipping generously.

Back