• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TvTropes Fan Club

Melody

Banned
Years
Awesome! I see we finally have a club for Trope-trotters to gather. :D

I don't trot the Tropes often, mostly because I find myself with insufficient time to do so, but I do find the site itself very amusing. I never regret getting sucked in. DX

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Awesome! I see we finally have a club for Trope-trotters to gather. :D

I don't trot the Tropes often, mostly because I find myself with insufficient time to do so, but I do find the site itself very amusing. I never regret getting sucked in. DX

That's why I don't go to TvTropes if I know I'll be late because of it. XD

Do you want to claim a trope? :3

Melody

Banned
Years
Actually I do. Sadly the Ambigously Gay trope is taken. So I did a little Trope-trawling and found a similarly good one...the Gender Bender trope, which suits just as well I think...given my reputation. ;)

So yes...I'm claiming a trope. *back to trope-crawling*

-Jared-

Years
Okay, well you are added to the members list Pachy! Welcome to the club! :D

Also, just to note...I won't change the topic yet, but I have a good topic for this week...keep an eye out for it on Tuesday! Unless you think I should change it to Sunday. Your call, guys. XD

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
I like reading the CMOA/CMOF/Tear Jerker/CMOH too. The CMOF's are especially fun. XD

It's sad that many of my favorite series don't have a Fanfic Recs page. D:

-Jared-

Years
I like reading the CMOA/CMOF/Tear Jerker/CMOH too. The CMOF's are especially fun. XD

It's sad that many of my favorite series don't have a Fanfic Recs page. D:

This! I love when a series has a CMOF, but I am sad when I go to a series thinking "This has to have a CMOF!" And then it doesn't. ;-;

Alright! New topic of the week! No I haven't been planning this allllll week. >__>

One of the things I'm sure we all love is the titles of all the various tropes. Some of them are unique and funny, some of them are straightforward and helpful.

Did you know, however, that TvTropes has seen two factions form? The Society to Prevent Overly Original Names prefers the simplistic, helpful, precise titles that help users easily identify the tropes.

Then there are the Friends of Really Kool Sobriquet who prefer the witty, humorous, entertaining names that make Wiki Walking so fun.

So the topic this week is...

Which one are you? A FoRK or a SPOON?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
CMOF :D I laughed hysterically all through the Discworld one, even though I had read them many times before in the books they came from. :3

I identify with FoRKS for the most part, I suppose. I like the witty entertainment that comes with those kinds of titles.

Melody

Banned
Years
...I've done my fair share of Trope-trotting...and I'm a Spork. :p

Both sides have valid points, I love funny trope names, but I hate confusing ones that reference obscure pop culture. Seriously, I don't care how cool it is...it should at least be funny to even the most sheltered of us. ;)

But yeah...I don't take a side really. Both need to exist for TVTropes to retain it's awesomeness...as long as neither side wins, I'm happy.

Last edited:

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Spork here too. :3 For pretty much the same reasons as the ones listed above.

-Jared-

Years
...I've done my fair share of Trope-trotting...and I'm a Spork. :p

Both sides have valid points, I love funny trope names, but I hate confusing ones that reference obscure pop culture. Seriously, I don't care how cool it is...it should at least be funny to even the most sheltered of us. ;)

But yeah...I don't take a side really. Both need to exist for TVTropes to retain it's awesomeness...as long as neither side wins, I'm happy.

Spork here too. :3 For pretty much the same reasons as the ones listed above.

I would like to join!

if possible I'd like to claim the Badass trope please. This trope is just made of win to me. <3

If not, Enlightenment superpowers owuld be my 2nd choice, since I'm actually doing this in real life! :D

Topic

Both make being a troper fun! I refuse to choose.

It seems like most people are choosing to be Sporks...XD It turns out that there is actually an official term for this on TvTropes: PLATTER So sorry, you are all PLATTERs instead of Sporks. ;-;

And so I would identify as a PLATTER, but probably lean towards FoRK. I love wit. XD

And Merciless Cremator, you are accepted and the Badass trope is yours! :D Welcome to the club!

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Platters are cool too.

I hate it when you have to click "Anime & Manga" on a trope page, then there's a link you click on and when you press back, you need to find where you were at again. ;_;

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Tropes Appreciation Society? Joining this so hard.

I'll take Mad Mathemetician! Any category that includes both N and Pi-Face is my favorite category.

So guys, you all should help me because I have no idea how to edit the pages. ;;
First off, try Tips for Editing, and some of the other pages that it links to- Good Style, Wiki Words, Text Formatting Rules and so on. The basic process of editing is making an account and clicking the "edit" button at the bottom of a page.

Years
How many times to you all read Tv tropes?

Once of twice every 2 weeks for me...I either need to cut back or read more.

I'd also wonder how many times do you check a certain trope...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
How many times do you all read Tv tropes?
I usually only go on when I'm bored with nothing to do (so at least once a week) or when I'm referencing a trope and checking that I'm right.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Umm... I don't read it regularly. But when I click a link to there, or go to look something up, it takes up the majority of the time I spend on the computer for days.

-Jared-

Years
Tropes Appreciation Society? Joining this so hard.

I'll take Mad Mathemetician! Any category that includes both N and Pi-Face is my favorite category.

First off, try Tips for Editing, and some of the other pages that it links to- Good Style, Wiki Words, Text Formatting Rules and so on. The basic process of editing is making an account and clicking the "edit" button at the bottom of a page.

Welcome to the club Azure! Mad Mathematician is all yours! :D

Umm... I don't read it regularly. But when I click a link to there, or go to look something up, it takes up the majority of the time I spend on the computer for days.

This...this is me...I just went on a slight Wiki Walk, when I went to get the link for Azure's trope. >__>

Back