• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Shattered Era [T] (OOC/SU)

Should players be allowed to have characters on both sides of the conflict?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Guns cause recoil?! I seriously didn't know. Guess you learn something new everyday. :B

YES! WELCOME BACK MR. GAMEOVER! We've totally never met before but wb anyways. \o/

Haha yeah, which is why you need professional training to use them d: A powerful shotgun can actually dislocate your shoulder if you're not careful xD

Though in the case of an Aggron (damn, I shoulda thought of that first!) it probably won't affect him a lot, being made of steel and all lol.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Awh man, look at you guys, being all sciency and teaching each other stuff. But yeah, guns do cause recoil, and just to make it at least a tad fair, I'd say the cannons, being as powerful as they are, would at least cause a little bit of recoil, though it's cut down by alot due to him being... well. An Aggron xD

Also, I didn't know you were famous, GameOver! I suddenly feel alot more pressure on me as a co-GM D:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
But Bastian that just means you have to rise to the challenge! And yes he is famous around these parts.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Good question! I decided not to put abilities in simply because if I had to it would make the RP even more complicated. I would have to figure out abilities for the Council members, the NPC Knights, the NPC mechanists, and abilities for anyone else you all came across. It would be too much work and I don't want there to be any way to 'cheat', i.e. wonderguard. It's just too much work and since I'm just starting out as a GM I don't think I would do so well in trying to keep track of all of the NPC's abilities.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
You probably could just use a random ability from the available ones that actually apply to a Pokémon, like Ken couldn't have Synchronize, just Steadfast and Justified. As long as you know the Pokémon, the ability would be easy to think of (Bulbapedia and Serebii ftw), so that could cut the Wonder Guard "hacking."

But I can definitely understand the starting out thing, so maybe in a later RP.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
Oh wow... I didn't know I was so missed. Thanks guys. :)

On to the cannons, yes, they have HUGE recoil. To a normal Pokemon (like say... Gallade), they would probably be knocked on their butts or even knocked out if they fired one shot. For Alexander, he'll suffer recoil from the cannons, yes, but he's able to take it and keep on trucking like nothing happened... I should probably put that in the note section of the weapons on my SU. Just in case...

Yeah... Kinda felt that the Mechanists needed a big guy. I've been wanting to roleplay as an Aggron for a while now. This was just the best opportunity.

Oh, and Sir Bastian, don't be pressured... Actually, yes, be pressured, but not too much. A little bit of pressure is actually a good thing. Makes ya stay on your toes. In all, just remember to keep that GM whip handy. Greiger, is this the first roleplay that you're in charge of here on PC?

And just to clarify, here are the power of the cannons. Using Pokemon stats and whatnot here.

Shock Cannon = Thunder, Base Power of 120, Causes recoil, 3 shots

Water Cannon = Hydro Pump, Base Power of 120, Causes recoil, 3 shots

Boom Cannon = Double-Edge, Base Power of 120, Causes recoil, 3 shots

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Why yes this is my first roleplay that I am GMing.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
Pssh... Greiger, you'll do fine. You're a smart guy. Just remember to keep the GM whip ready though.

On to you TornZero, thanks for the welcome back. Also, expect Alexander to mainly bust up enemy formations, although I do expect there will be situations where he'll need to be a rather destructive distraction.

Oh, and for all of you who don't know me, please just call me Game. :)

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Hey, thanks for the tip, Game :3 I'm really just here to help Greiger along and maybe re-rail the plot in case it goes wonky. I'm basically an advisor for Greiger, really.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
TornZero, I can agree with that. Remember that Alexander does use the Tear Gas Pellets as well. My gosh, the enemies won't know what to do.

Sir Bastian, I just like to help people out. Even though you say you're an advisor, I will respect you here as a co-GM. Anywhere else on Pokecommunity, expect me to treat you as a bro. *place brofist/hoof here*

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I now understand why everyone here likes you as much as they seem to, Game.

*Brofists because he never got to watching MLP, but still respects it as a hilarious series*

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
Thanks Sir Bastian. You'll find that I'm a pretty chill dude when not roleplaying. At least, that's what I've been told.

Anyways, are we allowed to double-up here? Y'know, use two characters? I have another character I can use here. WARNING! This character is insane on the levels of Sheogorath/ The Joker/ Kefka Palozzo. :>

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
You can double up if you want to, however for those thinking of doubling up you won't be allowed two special spots, there can only be one per player (example: Taking both knight-commander spots). If you do double up your other character must be on the same side that way when both sides meet each other you won't have to fight... well... yourself.

Discordant Harmony

Dispensing Donuts
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
I was originally planning to make a crazy German scientist Clefable clad in full heat-resistant suit and gas mask, dual wielding flamethrowers and abusing Stored Power.

Then I realized the world wasn't quite ready for that and made a pseudo-White Mage instead.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
O.O Um... thanks for sharing that... special image.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Awh, sweet :D I love batshit insane characters. Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's no limits to how many characters we can each have, so feel free to write up an SU!

Also Brock, my friend is writing up an SU, and he's gonna be a kind of victorianly clad Electabuzz basement-dwelling scientist. Not as awesome as your idea, but it's up there xD

Back