• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I was expecting a lot more from the FIA, because his actions are shocking and the punishment shouldn't be any less because of him saying 'sorry'. I was disgusted by his actions and thought he should have got a minimum of 9, but what do I know.​

IKawaiiThief

Summer Sakura Trainer!
Years
Well sometimes you just get caught up in the heat of the moment so maybe that's why they're reducing his punishment? Seriously, though, it's the same thing they did with the John Terry situation a few months ago, they gave him quite a little bit of punishment when he was supposed to get more.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Taking bets on when Mourinho will leave Madrid after benching captain Iker Casillas for the first time in 10 years, losing the match 3-2 against Málaga and ending 16 points behind Barça after 17 matches.

I say February if United are nice enough to do the honours.

Also Jesus 8-0. Against Chelsea. That's so lame.

Years
Woah, woah, woah. Hold your horses there, Went! Just because you beat us 4-1, does not mean that we are lame, as you so kindly phrased. Anyway, I just think it was a matter of Villa playing like a PokeCommunity XI would play like and Chelsea's attackers were able to take advantage of that. I really love our midfield, but Torres really needs support. He can score goals from anywhere inside the box and is an aerial threat, so another attacker that could provide more chances for Torres would surely give him a chance to comeback to his normal self.

Chelsea look very devoted into snatching Falcao, and it looks imminent. Falcao is an amazing striker and I'm sure little Wenty will end up in tears when Chelsea rip up Atletico with hat-tricks from Torres and Falcao :3

Ivysaur

Years
Hey, hey, hey! Hold your horses there. Chelsea aren't lame, just not quite as good as you'd expect from any CL champion. A team losing 8-0 to anybody, on the other hand, specially when the winning team isn't pure liquid awesome made football players, is lame. Very lame. If anything, the ones who should be annoyed at my post are Villa supporters XD

And if Falcao leaves at mid-season, I'll be busy enough joining the mob that will lynch our president to care about football. Unless, again, you pay us €100 million + Torres. That I could accept.

Also, any rumours that look "imminent"? All I have seen is Florentino Pérez of Madrid joking about a transfer.

Years
Abramovich said he's ready to pay for Falcao more than he did for Torres if necessary, he did win that billion pound court case not an awfully long time ago so he should be able to cough some money up. I guess it might be the English papers being biased, but apparently Falcao said himself that he would like a move to a blue team in the Premier League.

But you know, this is all just rumors, we'll find out if we get him in the soon-approaching transfer window. If we don't manage to get him we still have the Ivorian pair to look out for; Wilfried Bony, who has been compared to Drogba and is current top scorer in the Eredivisie or Seydou Doumbia who is wanted by many, a youngster with plenty of pace and skill currently top scorer for CSKA Moscow.

I do, however, look forward to a rematch between Chelsea and Atletico...

Ivysaur

Years
So how is the Falcao deal going, exactly? :P

And I'm counting the hours -nah, the minutes- until the United-Madrid tie. It's going to be so beautiful. I can barely contain my excitement.

I pray Kaka' gets to play it.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Abramovich said he's ready to pay for Falcao more than he did for Torres if necessary, he did win that billion pound court case not an awfully long time ago so he should be able to cough some money up. I guess it might be the English papers being biased, but apparently Falcao said himself that he would like a move to a blue team in the Premier League.

But you know, this is all just rumors, we'll find out if we get him in the soon-approaching transfer window. If we don't manage to get him we still have the Ivorian pair to look out for; Wilfried Bony, who has been compared to Drogba and is current top scorer in the Eredivisie or Seydou Doumbia who is wanted by many, a youngster with plenty of pace and skill currently top scorer for CSKA Moscow.

I do, however, look forward to a rematch between Chelsea and Atletico...
Everything you just said there is absolute trollop.

31/31 penalties for Southampton's goal machine job well done for Sir Rickie and co.

Ivysaur

Years
Also latest news: Pep hasn't been suicidal enough to go to Chelsea or City, he's decided to take a more conservative choice and move to Bayern Munchen. He has been signed until 2016, as Jupp Heynckes announced he'd be retiring from football this Summer.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/16/pep-guardiola-bayern-munich-coach

I'm so very glad he's going there, I think he can do a good job there if given time and enough space to move around and change things. Obviously he's not going to make a Barcelona 2.0 but I want to know what he can do there.

Logan

Years
As long as it paves the way for a José move back to Chelsea or to United I don't really care. I just want the special one back in the BPL, he was brilliant from a neutral perspective to listen/watch.

Ivysaur

Years
Yes please. The sooner The Special Five leaves Spain, the better it will be for the sanity of our country. I'm tired of seeing him throwing crap left and right and centre every three days. Even to the team he's supposed to be coaching into their worst season in a decade.

IKawaiiThief

Summer Sakura Trainer!
Years
Nah, seeing Mou's team have their worst season in a decade is a real pleasure for me :D

Pep to Bayern is a great move, and I'm looking forward to seeing how he does there, good luck Pep!

News broke out earlier this week that Victor Valdes won't be renewing his Barcelona contract...is this bad or good? Lol! So, good ol'l Victor to leave in 2014...

IKawaiiThief

Summer Sakura Trainer!
Years
Yeah, and today Valdes vindicated your opinion by doing crap against Sociedad...

What do you guys think happened in the Sociedad-Barca match today, guys? Who won? Lol...Oh my God...

Logan

Years
2-0 up 3-2 down :P? Rumours are circulating that Barca want either Reina or Courtois to replace Valdes? I don't rate Reina whatsoever so I think it'd be a bad move for them, however I need your Spanish guy's opinion's on Courtois I've only seen him play a handful of times. (From what I've heard he's extremely good).

Ivysaur

Years
As our keeper, I'd really love to keep Thibaut. He's very competent, even if he loves showing himself off when saving high shots. As young as he is, he's pretty smart, and his size is certainly a plus. He saved us just last Thursday by kicking away the ball in two very close chances, and it wasn't the first time. If he must leave Atleti, I'd rather see him in Barcelona than at the Bridge, that's for sure.

IKawaiiThief

Summer Sakura Trainer!
Years
Yeah, and that's the first time we lost in the Liga so far this season...pshhh, time to forget that and move on, beating Malaga on Thursday will be the first step to forgetting it and moving on! BARCA! BARCA! BARCA! C'mon guys!!!

As highly as I rate Courtois, I think a move for Andre ter Stegan will be better.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
been watching the Africa Cup of Nations, and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm rooting for Cape Verde, as they are first timers in it. They should have beaten Morocco, but I'm hoping that they can beat Angola in their next game.

IKawaiiThief

Summer Sakura Trainer!
Years
Wow this thread hasn't been posted in for a while :O

So, what's happened in the world of football since the last post in this thread back in January?

Real Madrid won 2 consecutive El Clasicos against Barcelona ( 1-3 and 2-1 )
Real Madrid beat Manchester United 3-2 on aggregate in the Champions League
Barcelona lose 2-0 at San Siro
Barcelona make history by coming back and winning 4-0
The Quarter Final draw has been made
And many more stuff that I can't be bothered to list!

Come on guys, don't let an awesome thread die!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back