• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
OST for the new Ippo series has been fantastic. Reusing some old ones and adding new. I got a boner when they reused the third opening song during the fight with Sawamura.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
OST for the new Ippo series has been fantastic. Reusing some old ones and adding new. I got a boner when they reused the third opening song during the fight with Sawamura.

What

I was willing to wait until its finished so I can marathon the whole series, but plans just changed.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Good choice. Ippo vs Sawamura is probably my favourite fight in the entire series. Was totally ready for the anime version to be a letdown but it just wasn't.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
Years
Whoo! Glad to see some Hajime no Ippo fans out there.

I'm growing closer to catching up with the series (currently on ep 14 of season 3) and I don't want to! Cause then that means I have to play the waiting game for each new episode x.x

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
While we're all on the topic of sports anime... I never really liked them even though i'm a huge real sports fan and play them myself XD

but after hearing many really good things about both Kuroko's Basketball and Hajime No Ippo, I decided to try out Kuroko and i was actually suprised that I'm really enjoying the show so far XD

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Can't say how much I like or dislike sports anime, since I've never really watched them. xD" Been planning to watch Prince of Tennis, but couldn't find it online anywhere. I'll keep looking, though.

Years
Only sports anime I've seen are Free! and Kuroko no Basket. Both of which are totally wonderful for me. :D ..on that note, I need to catch up with Kuroko, haven't seen the last two (three tomorrow) eps agh.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
Years
Eyeshield 21 is another pretty good sports Anime. It's a football one, oddly enough. Didn't think Japanese even bothered with football. You can kinda tell with how they do the anime. Even though it is a fictitious realm, they really show they don't exactly know 100% how football works. It's still entertaining though. I enjoyed it as a huge football fan.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I was going to watch a cycling anime but couldn't see myself being attached to it and it seemed fairly bland like some kid that is a loud mouth and stuff helps a quiet introvert kid with his stuff and the shy kids learns about the heart of the cards and stuff...

Fairy Tail is coming back in April too btw

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I was willing to wait until its finished so I can marathon the whole series, but plans just changed.
You are missing boner-able materials in your PC?

Fairy Tail is coming back in April too btw
Again? =D This info has been mentioned more times than what the number of threads in this section is =D

Since we are on topic of sports anime... Ro Kyu Bu is a must! =D

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Sports anime? I love them! Ookiku Furikabutte is one of my favourites! Its one of the few series that I marathoned through. I am still praying hard for a new season. There seems to be enough manga material.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Best sports anime for me has and will be Slam Dunk for a while. Captain Tsubasa is another fave, as well. But yeah, Slam Dunk is just amazing. It can be enjoyed even by people with no basketball knowledge. :p Kuroko is good but Slam Dunk is somewhat more grounded in reality than Kuroko. No special techniques there. But still better in my eyes.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
>Ro Kyu Bu is a must!
Spoiler:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I dislike watching sports and participating in sports. So no, I'd have to pass on any kind of sports anime. I've seen a few episodes of Free because of the hype, but I wasn't interested in the premise.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I dislike watching sports and participating in sports. So no, I'd have to pass on any kind of sports anime. I've seen a few episodes of Free because of the hype, but I wasn't interested in the premise.
That's a bit extreme, Blade. :( You're honestly missing out.

I'm not gonna hold it against you for not liking sports in itself. But Hajime no Ippo for example doesn't try to imitate actual boxing matches. The difference between watching an actual boxing match and watching a Hajime no Ippo match is completely different thing. You'll probably find an actual boxing match boring, and that's alright, boxing isn't for everyone, but Hajime no Ippo has it down to make sure it's entertaining even to people who don't even like boxing. And that's not taking into factor that Hajime no Ippo's best asepcts, imo, don't happen in the ring, but OUTSIDE of it, as incredibly well done as the fights are. You should give it a go, I've seen a lot of people who aren't even into sports, let alone boxing (which is divisive from your typical sports anyway, it's more of a martial arts that is treated like sports) enjoy Ippo a lot.

I'm personally not that into sports anime (or anime in itself actually), but I watched Ippo, Cross Game, Major and Ashiita No Joe. Honestly don't see anyone who doesn't like baseball enjoy Major, but Ippo, Cross Game and Joe are really good even if you don't like the sports they represent. Cross Game is barely about baseball at all actually (this is actually the one single aspect I don't like about it haha, I'm big into baseball), and Ashiita no Joe is considered a legendary anime for a good reason.

Actually lemme reiterate about the whole legendary thing. It's spoilers but it's sorta vague.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
People often day ''I like all sorts of anime except sports and mecha''. So silly, I mean both of those genres contain some of the best drama, romance and other things people claim to like.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Actually lemme reiterate about the whole legendary thing. It's spoilers but it's sorta vague.
Spoiler:

Woah, could you expound on this?

-Lapras- said:
People often day ''I like all sorts of anime except sports and mecha''. So silly, I mean both of those genres contain some of the best drama, romance and other things people claim to like.
I'm pretty confident anyone that says they don't like mecha have either seen bad ones or haven't seen good ones. It's hit or miss for me, though more often than not hit. If people who say they don't like mecha had seen Eureka 7 or Gurren Lagann I bet my life they'd say they like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back