• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm alright with looking at spoilers on sites like Tumblr, given I won't be getting the games until Christmas I think, that would at least give me time to learn all the new Pokemon, the new mechanics and maybe even plan my team so that I'll have a good run throughout the game. I don't usually do blind playthroughs, especially since Black and White which were the first Pokemon games I actively followed the news of.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I'm okay if I get spoiled on looking at the new pokemon and the new features and all that - but I'd rather not get spoiled story & post game-wise. xD Personally, it's one of the better things I like about new pokemon games~

Sirfetch’d

I'm okay if I get spoiled on looking at the new pokemon and the new features and all that - but I'd rather not get spoiled story & post game-wise. xD Personally, it's one of the better things I like about new pokemon games~

This is exactly how I feel on this issue. I don't care how many of the Pokemon are revealed, but I will avoid storyline spoilers at all cost because that is definitely the best part of the game for me, especially on the first playthrough.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Well a new Pokemon here and there I'm fine with , but I really want to avoid seeing the full Kalos Pokedex cause I like the idea of running into a new Pokemon I haven't seen. Though after the 12th, I'm fine with somehow seeing an image of a new Pokemon or two online. Just not the whole Pokedex. Neither do I want to all of the story. I like the idea of going in this game (almost) blind.

Years
Well a new Pokemon here and there I'm fine with , but I really want to avoid seeing the full Kalos Pokedex cause I like the idea of running into a new Pokemon I haven't seen. Though after the 12th, I'm fine with somehow seeing an image of a new Pokemon or two online. Just not the whole Pokedex. Neither do I want to all of the story. I like the idea of going in this game (almost) blind.

This is exactly how I feel on this issue. I don't care how many of the Pokemon are revealed, but I will avoid storyline spoilers at all cost because that is definitely the best part of the game for me, especially on the first playthrough.

Given I won't be playing on the release date like most of you (getting my games at Christmas) I don't mind being spoiled by things like full Pokedex, storyline, mechanics etc. via sites like Tumblr or Serebii because that way I can take time to get to know everything and I can be more prepared. It's something I have been doing ever since 5th Gen, and having knowledge of everything can make it easier to play.

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
  • I haven't preordered the game yet, but I'm planning to -- I haven't decided yet whether to order from Amazon or Gamestop. I'm worried that it won't be delivered for some reason, so I think I'll order from my local Gamestop just in case.
  • I'm going to get X, my brother is getting Y so that we can trade version exclusives!
  • I think I'm most excited to see more new Pokemon -- I've really liked the designs that have come out so far. Also excited to see how the new types of battles work.
  • I think my favorite new Pokemon are Fennekin & the two fossil Pokemon, but I like almost all the designs so far!
  • I've actually gotten really busy at work for some reason, which is kind of perfect. I haven't had much time to think about the games recently! Keeping up the hype by rewatching some of the trailers here and there.
  • I already warned my boyfriend that I'll be pretty absorbed in the game all day on the 12th… just playing for hours, I'm sure.
  • I think I'll be choosing Fennekin for a starter. I am a completionist and rotate my team pretty frequently, so I haven't thought too much about my team outside of the starters.
  • I am trying to avoid any major spoilers though. It was SO hard not to look at that guy's Instagram feed, but I want to be surprised! This will be the first game I've gotten on the release day, and the first time since Gen I I'll be playing "blind", so to speak.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I think I witnessed enough spoilers today. I'd say that it was a large enough dose to last until I actually buy one of the games. Hm, I still haven't decided which version to buy... All of the X exclusive Pokémon are equal to their Y counterparts according to my tastes. If these games follow the same road as the Gen. 5 games and have differently themed locations (Opelucid City, Reversal Mountain, etc.) then I will decide by which locations look better.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2014
  • I haven't preordered the game yet, but I'm planning to -- I haven't decided yet whether to order from Amazon or Gamestop. I'm worried that it won't be delivered for some reason, so I think I'll order from my local Gamestop just in case.
This is exactly the same problem im having right now. The college that I attend does not receive mail on Saturdays or Sundays. That is why Im debating whether I should pre-order it instore or have it shipped.

Tough decisions man, btw if it's shipped, does that mean I could receive a day earlier to guarantee I will have my item by release date? Id prefer to order through gamestop btw.

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
Still 10 days left but I can't play it so just happy that my friends can play it and post the pictures and videos :D

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
10 days left here in Australia before Pokémon X and Pokémon Y launch!

Though there is something I have noticed, I've heard that Canada and Italy have got Pokémon X and Pokémon Y already. Is it just maybe one store or everywhere that has managed to get a copy of the game?

If that's the case, I'd be really desperate to see the final evolution of Fennekin. I know there's a leaker that has been taking photos of the game and posting it on Instagram.

Honestly, I don't mind being spoiled... I actually much prefer to see things earlier than expected. xD

Kaisersaur

Veteran
Years
Countdown to X and Y: 11 Days Left

Personally I prefer no spoilers. We've waited too long to not be able to wait 10 more days. It's the first time I play a pokemon game without any idea of what is.going to happen and a whole new pokedex to discover.

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
Years
I've done well to avoid the story entirely. All I wanted to know was the rival situation. I don't even know the legendaries names, if that says anything. Haha.

swift13

taylur swift
Years
ahhhh 10 days left and its being released on the day right after my exams ahhhhhhhhhhh i cant focus on my studies rn

Years
Just another day around the corner until the release and that's for sure :)

And for me, surely it's okay to spoil Pokémon and features, as I thought that was what many thought by spoilers xD but yeah, I don't want to see any information on the storyline just yet :P

Guy

just a guy
Years
ahhhh 10 days left and its being released on the day right after my exams ahhhhhhhhhhh i cant focus on my studies rn
Heh. Better than it being released on the day before or the day of your exams though, right? :p

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Speaking of which, thank goodness it's being released on a weekend - I won't have to slaaaave over a day to school anxioud to get the game over at EBGames after those 3 long hours... sigh.

I'm also quite lucky that barely anyone goes to the nearby EBGames to get the games - nooone will be sold out, yaaaay~

blue

gucci
Years
Saturday is the perfect day for the games to be released, but I'm amazed people already have a copy of the game though. It's difficult to avoid spoilers but I'd much prefer to get my game on the actual Release Date in sync with everyone else, it's better that way!

Years
I'm wondering if I should be at my local GameStop at their 10am open here to pick up my copy.. :P I guess if I do go through with that then people can call me quite the huge Pokémon fan xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back