• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Development's Archive

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
Years
I think that it is about time Games Development get something like this.

The Fall of Rimobi

Download: The Fall of Rimobi
Screenshot: TFOR Screenshot

[Note] This was uploaded to Rapidshare by me and this is not the original link, but the game was not changed by me in any way.
[Comments] This is a very sweet, but short demo. One of the first ones I have every played. Definitely work checking out. Be sure to push the chicken around, it's really funny. Oh and no, it's not Pokemon based.
[Made with] RM2k3
[Creator] Raccoon

------------------------------

Pokemon: Rising Sun

Download: Pokemon: Rising Sun
Screenshot: PRS Screenshot

[Note] This was uploaded to Rapidshare by me and this is not the original link, but the game was not changed by me in any way. Please also note that this game was later revised, but, to my knowledge, no new demos were published.
[Comments] Basically a walk through demo. The mapping could be better, but this is one of the first demos that were published and became an instant favorite of mine.
[Made with] RM2k3
[Creator] Avatar

Pokemon: Digital Network

Download: Pokemon: Digital Network
Screenshot: PDN Screenshot

[Note] This was uploaded to Rapidshare by me and this is not the original link. (and thanks to HeavyOctillery for pointing out that the old link was dead) This game later on had a new reincarnation "Pokemon: Digital Network upgrade" featuring new, custom graphics made by Remy and a lot of new features, but no demo was ever released.
[Comments]First game, that I know of, witch contained fused Pokemon (and published a demo). The demo is very playable and I enjoyed every step of the way, even if it is sometimes slow. Has CBS, CMS and is simply amazing, you have to try it out.
[Made with] RM2k3
[Creator] Neo-Dragon
[Site] http://www.my-lifeonline.com/

Pokemon: Silk

Download: Pokemon: Silk
Screenshot: PS Screenshot

[Note] This was uploaded to Rapidshare by me and this is not the original link, and the game might (it was a long time ago) have been edited by me to overcome demo restrictions and/or bugs.
[Comments] An oldie. The very first game ever published by Calis Projects. Ah... The times. I still remember how in those times I thought that this game was the coolest ever. I actually think that this is the first demo PC ever saw (but not sure). It's a good thing I still have it.
[Made with] RM2k3
[Creator] Neo-Dragon

Pokemon: Silk 2 Takeover

Download: Pokemon: Silk 2 Takeover
Screenshot: PS2 Screenshot

[Note] This download was provided by MartyrGames and was not changed (as I see it) in any way since it's initial release.
[Comments] If you haven't played this one you have to do it now! Just download it! This is a personal favorite of mine and I can't find the words to describe it. This game has it all. And the most impressive thing about it is that you have multiple choices for almost everything! A really nice demo.
[Made with] RM2k3
[Creator] Neo-Dragon

Fuzzy Ripper v0.03

Download: Fuzzy Ripper v0.03
Screenshot: FR3 Screenshot

[Note] This is the original link.
[Comments] A very good and addictive game. A huge plus is that it is entirely custom (graphics, systems). And has a very nice way (comics) to show you the story. This is the only PC game with this feature. It is not Pokemon related. This game also contains multiple game-play modes. With all that said, you should definitely try it out.
[Made with] RM2k3
[Creator] DarkDoom3000
[Site] http://www.pokemonillusion.bravehost.com/

Pokemon: Hidden Depths

Download: Pokemon: Hidden Depths
Screenshot: HD Screenshot

[Note] This was uploaded to Rapidshare by me and this is not the original link, the game might have been edited by me because the demo was working just fine when I first downloaded it, but now it contains a few bugs. If anybody has the clean version please PM it to me.
[Comments] A very cool, and different demo. You won't see much storyline in this one, but it doesn't mean it's bad. It has a working CBS, and some features you will find only in this game. Try it out.
[Made with] RM2k3
[Creator] Dawson

Pokemon: Dawn

Download: Pokemon: Dawn
Screenshot: PD Screenshot

[Note] This was uploaded to Rapidshare by me and this is not the original link, the game has been changed by me. (I changed the location of the Party Starting Position) The game had a reincarnation (Pokemon Dawn: Revamped), but no demos were released.
[Comments] Even if in this demo you only get to walk around and talk to people you will be enjoying yourself. The story behind it is very good, and a bit different. This one is also a must.
[Made with] RM2k3
[Creator] Rubyrulez

Pokemon: Sun

Download: Pokemon: Sun

[Note] This was uploaded to Rapidshare by me and this is not the original link, but the game was not changed by me in any way.
[Comments] A really fun demo. It has nice, different graphics. And it is really old, so custom graphics is a big wow. The best thing about this one is that the map is in whole, so no map transitions. The only one I know of.
[Made with] RM2k3
[Creator] Unknown (if you know PM me)

Pokemon: GlitterGold

Download:Download GlitterGold
Screenshot: PGG Screenshot

[Note] This was uploaded to Rapidshare by me and this is not the original link, but the game was not changed by me in any way. Also note that this demo is very old and that the game is still being made, so there is a possibility that there is a newer demo out there.
[Comments] GlitterGold is very rare. It is one of very few that have been in development for many years and still hasn't been discontinued. The demo is pretty nice, a bit buggy, but playable.
[Made with] RM2k3
[Creator] GymLeaderLance

Pokemon: Orre

Download: Pokemon: Orre
Screenshot: PO Screenshot

[Comments] This demo doesn't have much to offer, but that doesn't mean it won't entertain you. There is a nice story in it and you will find out a bit about Orre region. The demo is a bit funny at some parts, so check it out.
[Made with] RM2k3
[Creator] PKMN_Sage

Pokemon: Shadow

Download: Pokemon: Shadow

[Comments] A very short, yet sweet demo. Offers a bit different Kanto than that we are all used to, and has a bit different beginning. You should try it out.
[Made with] RM2k3
[Creator] pkmn310

Pokemon: Light

Download: Pokemon: Light
Screenshot: PL Screenshot

[Comments] A pretty long demo, a lot of maps. While speaking of maps, the mapping is very good and special. The story behind this demo is very good.
[Made with] RMXP
[Creator] Jeff_PKLight

Pokemon R/S/E: Legends

Download: Pokemon R/S/E: Legends
Screenshot: PL Screenshot

[Comments] The only isometric Pokemon game out there (that I know of, that is). This demo is way cool and it will make possible for you to experience something you thought you will never get to experience in any Pokemon game. Everything is custom in this game, so you MUST download it.
[Made with] Sphere
[Creator] darthjarjar

Project Ioso

Download: Project Ioso
Screenshot: PI Screenshot

[Comments] A very simple, short demo, but still a demo. In it you have only one map and you can walk around, that's it. But, don't get me wrong, I liked it.
[Made with] GameMaker
[Creator] ~Manaphy~

Pokemon: Anime Adventure

Download: Pokemon: Anime Adventure
Screenshot: PAA Screenshot

[Note] This was uploaded to Rapidshare by me and this is not the original link, but the game was not changed by me in any way. This demo seems to be missing the fonts folder, as the text isn't showing up. If anybody has the missing font please PM it to me.
[Comments] A pretty sweet demo that follows the story of the anime. A big down is that I wasn't able to see any dialogues so I wasn't really excited about playing it. I have gotten some new information about this game. The creator is planning to continue work on the game, but this time with better graphics.
[Made with] RMXP
[Creator] Micklo

Pokemon: Ocean Blue

Download: Pokemon: Ocean Blue
Screenshot: POB Screenshot

[Note] This was uploaded to Rapidshare by me and this is not the original link, and the game has been edited by me (I changed the names of the autotiles so that the game can be played by anyone).
[Comments] This demo's sole purpose is to show the intro of the game. The mapping isn't all that great... Nor is the intro. The only good thing about this demo is that the game is a bit different than the original Pokemon games.
[Made with] RMXP
[Creator] rmxpGuy

World of Chaos

Download: World of Chaos
Screenshot: WOC Screenshot

[Comments] Another non-pokemon game. It has a Mario/Zelda thing going on. The game is actually pretty cool, and entirely custom. If you are up for something different then download this one.
[Made with] GameMaker
[Creator] dlbrooks33

Yu-Gi-Oh! Library v1.00 LOB Edition

Download: Yu-Gi-Oh! Library v1.00 LOB Edition
Screenshot: YGOL Screenshot

[Note] This file was uploaded to rapidshare by me, this is not the original link. This file was uploaded to rapidshare by me, this is not the original link. The game wasn't edited by me in any way.
[Comments] The purpose of this "game" is to teach you (and help) all about Yu-Gi-Oh cards. It is very nicely made. I really like the animation of the doors. If you are a Yu-Gi-Oh fan you should check it out.
[Made with] RMXP
[Creator] Glitchfinder
[Site] http://www.yugiohlibrary.5gbfree.com/

Yu-Gi-Oh! Library v2.10 MRD Edition

Download: Yu-Gi-Oh! Library v2.10 MRD Edition
Screenshot: YGOL2 Screenshot

[Note] This file was uploaded to rapidshare by me, this is not the original link. The game wasn't edited by me in any way.
[Comments] This is the other Yu-Gi-Oh library made by Glitchfinder. It has more options and features a different set.
[Made with] RMXP
[Creator] Glitchfinder
[Site] http://www.yugiohlibrary.5gbfree.com/

Pokemon: Illusion

Download: Pokemon: Illusion
Screenshot: PI Screenshot

[Note] This file was uploaded to rapidshare by me, this is not the original link. The game wasn't edited by me in any way.
[Comments] One of the most complete Pokemon games out there. I played this "demo" for 2 hours and I didn't even come close to finishing it. (tomorrow maybe). It has a lot of unique features, of witch some are rarely seen in a Pokemon game. The games a bit different than the official ones, but, different, in this case, isn't worse. You really have to try this one out.
[Made with] RM2k3
[Creator] DarkDome3000
[Site] http://www.pokemonillusion.bravehost.com/

Pokemon: Acanthite

Download: Pokemon: Acanthite
Screenshot: PA Screenshot

[Comments] I played through the demo. And all I can say is WoW. Ok, firstly the thing that impressed me the most: Music. The music was really great (and I usually don't notice the music in games, so go figure), I really loved it, it was do good and... Different. Then the next aspect - the story. It is a lot like a normal Pokemon story, but more complex, darker, with six words: I am in love with it. There are some custom graphical elements, witch add a nice "something new" feel. This is one of the best demos I have played - ever. Definitely worth trying out.
[Made with] RMXP
[Creator] Fanking Omega
[Site] http://www.pokemonacanthite.com/

Super Mario Block Puzzle Game

Download: Super Mario Block Puzzle Game
Screenshot: SMBPG Screenshot

[Comments] I downloaded this one with a lot of enthusiasm. Unfortunately I was a bit too optimistic. You only get to play one level, and you can't pass it (or I can't, but I didn't try very hard). There is no intro or anything. Download it only if you are a collector or something.
[Made with] GameMaker
[Creator] MegaTailzChao
[Site] http://mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=11565

Jicken Tower Defence BETA2

Download: Jicken Tower Defence BETA2
Screenshot: JTDB2 Screenshot

[Comments] A pretty simple TD type game. I never though that I would see a game like this anywhere near PC, but here it is. The game is very playable, but gets bring after a while, but this is only a beta, so... Try it out.
[Made with] GameMaker
[Creator] jonsploder

Pokemon: Metallic Silver

Download: Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Screenshot: PMS Screenshot

[Note] These are the original links. This is the version 2.2. You may need to download rgss102e.dll (witch can also be found at the bottom of this page).
[Comments] I really enjoyed playing this Johto "remake". It starts in Johto but ships you to Orange islands right away, a really pleasant twist, as the game starts just like G/S/C. The CBS is excellent, and is a pleasant change from the normal, laggy ones (there are a few exceptions, ofcourse). Now the thing I didn't like: The doors had no animations, and the egdes of the maps were too thin (as the screen stops to move). All in all a pretty decent game, definitely worth trying out. Is still didn't play through the latest demo, but as soon as I do, I will be updating my review.
[Made with] RMXP
[Creator] Flameguru

Pokengine

Download: Pokemon Battle Engine
Pokemon Movement Engine
Screenshot: Pokengine Screenshots

[Note] These are the original links.
[Comments] The first download is a pretty accurate remake of the PBS. The second one is a simple walk demo, similar to FR/LG.
[Made with] Game Maker
[Creator] Jext

Pokemon Battle System

Download: Pokemon Battle System
Screenshot: PBS Screenshot

[Note] This is the original link. There are many helpers to this system, I posted that the creators are the guys mentioned in
the demo.
[Comments] A very old demo. I was surprised when I found out that the link is still working. Definetly worth checking out, one
of the first Pokemon CBS ever created.
[Made with] RM2k3
[Creators] DarkMage31, Dawson, Krazy_Meerkat

PokePC

Download: PokePC
Screenshot: PPC Screenshot

[Comments] Another very old demo, and the only one I needed to read the readme file to play XD It's quite fun actually... And
has a lot of the systems. Try it out.
[Made with] Visual Basic
[Creator] ExtraOrdinary

Pokemon: The Evil Inside

Download: Pokemon: The Evil Inside
Screenshot: PTEI1 Screenshot

[Note] If you are easily offended, skip this game. Contains blood, violence and gore. This is the original link.
[Comments] The intro bored me a bit. But the game itself is very playable, and can be quite enjoyable. There are a lot of
systems, and the style of the game is refreshing. My advice: Try it out.
[Made with]
[Creator] Colt
[Site] http://ptei.coltgames.com/

Pokemon: The Evil Inside 2

Download: Pokemon: The Evil Inside 2
Screenshot: PTEI2 Screenshot

[Note] If you are easily offended, skip this game. Contains blood, violence and gore. This is the original link.
[Comments] This game has the best starting menu that I have ever seen. If you are looking for quick excitement this is the game for you. Lots of weapons to choose from, a lot of shooting, many bodies. This game has it all for the action freak.
[Made with]
[Creator] Colt
[Site] http://ptei.coltgames.com/

The Legend of Zelda: Pearl of Darkness

Download: TLoZ: Pearl of Darkness
Screenshot: TLoZ: PoD Screenshot
[Comments] A nice game. I'm not really a Zelda fan so I wasn't all that impressed... The graphics looked a bit funny to me. But
the comments of the people were quite refreshing, a pleasant break from Pokemon games.
[Made with] Game Maker
[Creator] Dlbrooks33

Java Eclipse Pokemon Engine (JEPE)

Download: JEPE
Screenshot: JEPE Screenshot

[Note] This is the original link. They have versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS. I didn't include all the creators. If you
wish for someone to be added PM me.
[Comments] Not actually developed as a game, but as a Pokemon game maker with added online ability (in the future). The game they are testing the engine is called "Pokemon Treasures". I wish that the engine is completed, and if you know java or xml please help out.
[Made with] Java, Eclipse
[Creator] BonzaiRob, FMY
[Site] http://jepe.ptreasures.net/

Starter kits:

There is no need for me to post direct links because you can find the starter kits here:
Starter Kits

There are a lot of more useful things there, so be sure to check it out.

Demos I am looking for:
Pokemon Champion by Raccoon and Funnybunny
Pokemon: Aquamarine by Barry
Cyrus Online by Cyrusman
Pokemon Regal by Swizzler121
Harry Potter - GoF, The New Year by Chazzy

Please note that all of the screenshots were taken by me.
The games were not posted in any particular order other than the order in witch I found them on my old CDs.

If you have any demos/finished games that you want to see here please PM me or post here. If you have the demos I am looking for please PM me. If you have any complaints please PM me. If some of my info is incorrect or the links are down please PM me or post here.This is by far not finished and I will update this post as regularly as I can and I will always be on the look-out for more demos/finished games.

In order to play some of these games you might need to have RM2k/RM2k3/RMXP/Sphere/GameMaker. No, I (or anybody else) won't be posting links to sites where you can find these programs, use Google.

Necessities

DLL's:
Rgss102e.dll

Last edited by a moderator:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Awesome!! This is exactly what the forum needs, I may download these after my computer's been reformatted, but great job DarkPegasus!

Years
As you can probably recall, we've had similar threads about two or three times before, and each time it didn't work out for more than a few weeks to a few months. If you believe you can manage it, you are welcome to.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
Years
Yes, I believe I can. Once I round up all the demos there are already it will be an easy job, just checking for new ones, plus I believe that the members will be more than willing to help out.

I have updated the first post with two new demos. A few more demos that I am looking for and I have also uploaded all the files that were on yousendit to rapidshare.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
I do have the Pokémon Acanthite demo (the first one, I guess). If you want it, I can send to you =)

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
Years
I already saw that. But I don't want to download the megaupload toolbar. So if you could re-upload it, or send it to my mail ( [email protected] ) I would be grateful.

[Update] I added 5 new demos and I also added 2 new demos to the "I'm looking for" list.
[Update 2] 4 new demos added.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
You know, having my Yu-Gi-Oh! Library v1.00 LOB is redundant, becuase v2.10 includes everything in the original, plus more. BTW, you might mant to include the link to my library's site, which is www.yugiohlibrary.5gbfree.com. It's expanding bit by bit. (Finally, the "f" in my username isn't capitalized) Oh, and thanks for the comment about the doors. I just used the default sprites and sounds, though. In v2.1 MRD Edition, listen closely when you go up and down the stairs in the card buildings. You might notice something, especially if you turn up the volume.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
Years
I don't think so, this way people see progress, plus there also might be some glitches that don't allow you to do what you could in the previous versions.

Anyway, I added web addresses for several games.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
Years
Thanks yuoaman.

Well if I had a site I certainly would do it from the beginning. But I don't. And anyways I guess this is my way of repaying my depth to these guys, as most of them help my in some ways, and I am giving something nice to "Games Development" section.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Holy crap! Great post. Really handy for downloading the games. I can't believe you still have my first ever game (Silk1) and thanks for uploading my 2 other ones and thanks for the review of Silk2!

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
Years
Hey, thanks Neo. I really enjoyed playing every game you published, they are all unique. And about me still having your demo... XD Ofcourse I have it! It is one (of the two games, the other one being the first fan game I ever saw, but it wasn't that great) that made me like Game Making.

[update] I have added a new demo.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
Years
Which ones? I tried the first and another random one, they both worked.

On a lighter note: I would like to thank music17 for giving me the name of Project Ioso's creator. Thank you.

And I would also like to thank Avatar for pinning this. Thank you.

And I also changed the name of the thread (added "demo" into it.) It didn't work.

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Hey, I can download it but after downloading I extract the file. It say archieve not found. And the zip file just 6 kb...

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
Years
I don't know what to say to you... I tried again, and it is all ok.

Anyhow, I updated the first post adding the name of the creator of Pokemon: Anime Adventure, and also some new comments to it.

Thank you, Micklo for this info.

[Update] I have added a new demo.
[Update 2] I added another demo.

Back