• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
What about this?
There's a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place still.
But whoever catches the most bugs in 5 minutes (or less) wins first prize.

Waudby

Well I was thinking about drifting away from a battle of any kinda and having a more realistic bug catch, with a net etc. Obviously I know you can't net a pokémon like scyther, but for the mini game it will have to be that way lol.

Or I may change it to be more like a finding question, different areas have different pokemon etc so searching a tree could let you find a caterpie or wurmple, but searching under a rock may give you nothing etc.

Come on people, input input input. The person with the bets idea, will be scripted as a contestant for the contest.

simplynaruto

Banned
Years
Um how about since you cant net a scyther you kinda um tranqualize it and send it in? Or for big pokemon like it and pinsir um try and make it friendly by giving it food and stuff. But for the little bugs send an almighty net on them. Also with the ideas youll get in and some other posts I think the demo would come a bit later then post 300.

Waudby

Yeah i think it will end up being later than 300 to :P

sorry guys. But there's just so much I wanna add into the first demo lol. It needs to be added in as well, because it's where it goes. lol.

So don't take 300 as a definitely, I'll try my hardest, but I don't think i'll make it, I still need to sort out the D/P NPCs yet.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
You'd need a spriter, but maybe you could do this thing where instead of battling, the encounter goes into this mini game where you have to lure a pokemon into a trap and when it steps on the trap- the player must press enter to nab it.
So like, in "battle" instead of having turns- the first thing you do is set the trap- then place bait (the bait will judge how much the pokemon is lured in) that at random, move the spirte of the pokemon on top of the trap sprite. Then the player must press shift (or a random number between 1-9 so he cant cheat) to nab the pokemon.

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
Years
Just make the Demo already. It doesn't have to be perfect you know. I'm beginning to think your afraid of what we'll think. But so far you've done a great job.

Also, you don't have to make the demo so long.

*yells* ITS A DEMO FOR CHRISTS SAKE

Waudby

Well let me give the idea i have so far.

As you choose to enter the contest the screen fades and now you are in the contest mini game, there's lot's of different places for bug pokemon to hide in the background.

You have a menu with your "Bug Kit" detailed in it, things like, bait, net, tranquilliser, and Park Ball etc.

there will be no active pokemon at first, you have to attract them, using the bait, the net will be useful for stopping Pokémon running away and then using a park ball to catch them. The tranq can be used on any pokemon, and weakens the enemy to half hp, thus giving less points for the pokemon.

So it's best to net and then catch it.

Just make the Demo already. It doesn't have to be perfect you know. I'm beginning to think your afraid of what we'll think. But so far you've done a great job.

Also, you don't have to make the demo so long.

*yells* ITS A DEMO FOR CHRISTS SAKE

Now there's no need to be rude. I'm not afraid of what you'll think, I just want to make the game as good as I can. I am not adding anymore storyline so the demo wont get any "longer".

I'm adding in the features which need to be there.

SO for national Park the bug catching needs to be there.

What do people think?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I really like the idea Waudby! ^^
That would be a fun mini game.
Seriously, most of the people here r teenagers and they're smarter than Nintendo, lol! :laugh:
GL!!! ^^

simplynaruto

Banned
Years
Everyone here is smarter then nintendo. I mean sure they got the power of 10000 men but hey we use there graphics properly and make games properly. Well the teenagers who acually do but hey i think a lot of us here who do this kinda studd will be at nintendos idea desks soon.

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
Years
OK I sincerely apologize for being so childish and unreasonable its just you kept making promises you can't keep.

But on a lighter, more creative note, for the new mini game I was thinking of giving the trainers some sort of cage to catch their Pokemon. And when they are finished with the session they could trade in their caught Pokemon and in return receive them in their poke balls for the small price of 400 "Pokemon currency"

Waudby

Okay I'm now quickly whipping up something that will make due as a background for the mini game, it's a mixture of graphics from D/P and FR/LG lol.

I'll upload soon.

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
like u buy the pokemon that u caught in the contest that could work oh and waudby nice job when your finished with the minigame is going to be like you can only get some pokemon in certain areas of the park

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
U obviously get to keep the Pokemon u catch, but for other prizes, will they be the same or will they be different?

Waudby

Right here's my quick presentation of what I think the contest should look like.

screenshot200806192039350208.png

What do you guys think?

I added the scare option, in case you get a pokémon you don't want etc.

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
Years
It looks nice but I think you should change the color of the font since its a mini game and you probably want to give it a more unique feel.

But overall it looks stunning.

^_^

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
it looks great and i agree with cuttyflam you should change the color of the font you don't want it be be like every other normal event its a minigame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back