• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
Years
Ok here is my progress,
So i started off with the birch talk chose may blablabla name Lyra,I hacked in a oddish for starter because you dont find them before the first gym,anyway then i did the home stuff talked to rival i went to proff birch i got oddish for starter,I helped proff.birch then gave nickname to oddish:Bella: and off i go!
next i trained oddish to level 8 i went to defet my rival wich had a torchic,
I went back to proff.birch and he gave me the pokedex and pokeballs.
Then i went outside and mom gave me the running shoes,
Then i went trained oddish to level 11 then defeted all trainers,
Took all berries and whent to dads gym.
a guy shows me how to catch a pkmn and then i go out of the gym to the forest,
fight all the trainers gets to team plasma helps man from team plasma defets team plasma man gives me grat ball and leaves,
gets through forest and goes to town,
gets cut from man in house next to the pkmn center,Goes to gym from roxanne next i defeted the gym trainers and got to roxanne i had no trouble with this gym because absord was super effective i defeted the geodude first then almost nosepass because she used a potion or two!
then i defeted her and got the stone badge woohoo first badge!
Later i went to help the man that gave me a great ball earlier in the game i went through the grass and defeted all the trainers there are,then i got to the cave and saved piko the wingull from a team plasma.
i stoped because i hade to hack in a mew in the grass to learn cut and although oddish can learn cute its a waist of awsom moves!
so i hacked in a mew and caught it i nicknamed it :HM 1:
learned it cut and did all the cut extras.
then i wne back and got a great ball and that great ball guy brang me to the mayor or something of this town he gave me a pokenav and a letter for steven,
next i went back out the forest to the old mans home ask him for a ride to dewford and off we go by boat!!
now i healed my pkmn at the pkmn center and went to the gym i defeted the trainers but i had some trouble with meditates and one machop, anyway after that i got to the leader brawly he was a piece of cake i defeted him on my first turn!,
then i got the knuckle badge and was ready to go and deliver the letter with my second badge woooooohhhhoooooo!,
so i defeted the water trainers but i hade a little trouble with those tentacools arrrrggg and i found an invisable pokeball and a stardust on the rock cool!
well anyway now that i enterd the cave there was a man he gave me the HM flash i taught it tomy mew :HM 1:
i kept going and found a ladder i went on it and then i went to the next floor but it was dark so i used :HM 1: to give me more light.
i kept going and there wqhere lots of pkmn like zubat,mawile,makuhita and arron,
keep keep keep keep walking untile there was another ladder i wne on that on too and there was another floor to explore so i kept walking and i found a step not a ladder i got higher and up another step there was a rock i clicked on it and i got a everstone but i done need that yet so i kept walking untile there was another ladder i went on it and thewre was another ladder next to it and i wnet on that one too!
then i came to the first floor but higher i found a cave place and whent in it.
there was steven!
i gave him the letter and i think the gave me a tm,
so i went out off the cave and healed my pkmn then there was nothing to to on dewford so i talked to the boat man but this time he offerd me to go where i was petalburg or a new place slateport,
now obvously i chose slatport.
When i arrived there there was a beach

thats where i am so far more will be coming soon!

btw bellosom is LV.25

Last edited:

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
M'kay, so, once again, I got pretty far in the game. Last time, I was about to tackle the Lighthouse. That proved to be very little trouble. Jasmine instructed me to go to the pharmacy in Cianwood, so I headed on over there. Spotting a gym, I of course had to battle it. Poliwrath was tough to take down and he really liked paralyzing/using hypnosis, but Champ and I pulled through. His wife then gave me the Fly HM, so I was able to shorten the trip back to Olivine. Jasmine returned to the gym and some guy called me to tell me the Safari Zone was now open.

So, I headed towards the Safari Zone, beating up all the trainers along the way. I did the first test of the guy's little owner test before flying to Olivine to beat up Jasmine. NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO USE MAGNEMITES ANYMORE. They, of course, proceeded to paralyze Champ several times, and I eventually ran out of full/paralyze heals. Eventually, her Steeliz was all that was left, so I used a max potion my mum had bought me and killed off Steelix with one hit from Water Gun (still really waiting for Waterfall...). I then went off to explore Mahogany Town; the gym was blocked by some oaf, so I went to explore Lake Rage. There, I found a Red Gyrados. Wait...red? I look at my Gyrados, then back at the red one, then back at mine. Something weird's going on here...I decide to let Champ finish him off rather than catch it. I surf back to solid land and meet some guy in a cape with a Dragonite, and all I can think is 'I want one!'. He says that something weird is up with radio signals or something, so we go investigate some shop in town. DANG, THAT GUY MEANS BUSINESS, HYPER BEAMING A PERSON AND ALL. It turns out Team Rocket is up to some new tricks. After thrashing some Rockets around, I run into Chris, who apparently got beaten to a pulp by this Lance guy. Lance's coolness just went up another ten points, as if the cape and the whole USING HYPER BEAM ON A FELLOW HUMAN didn't make him cool enough. A few more Rockets later and this hideout is disbanded. Oh, and the Gym is open. About time!

Gym summary: DEWGONG + AQUA RING = JUST ANNOYING, IT WON'T SAVE YOU FROM ARCEUS' JUDGEMENT OR ANYTHING, OR CHAMP'S CRUNCH FOR THAT MATTER. With the Glacier Badge in hand, I leave the gym to find the eighth and final gym, except that Elm calls me, saying the Rockets have taken over the Radio Tower in Goldenrod. REALLY?! COULD THEY DO THIS SOME OTHER TIME, PLEASE? I GOT A QUEST TO BE LEAGUE CHAMPION GOING ON HERE.

More Rocket thrashing...and I'm almost done eradicating the little pests. Just three more to go, I think, and then we should be rid of these pests forever. Oh, by the way, Champ is at level 53 or something now. He knows Thrash, Water Gun, Ice Fang, and Crunch.

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
More news on my Nidoking Solo Run.

-Journeyed up to the Weather Institute thing and beat team Magma out
-Got a Castform (box fodder)
-Arrived in Fortree
-Couldn't get to gym cause of retarded Kecleon so went to the next route
-Stole Received the Devon Scope from Steven and made the pesky Kecleon go away
-Butchered Winonna easily with Thunderbolt and her badge was mine
-Continued South to find Magma grunts headed for Mt. Pyre
-Hit Lilycove quickly to heal, then followed them
-Climbed up the inside of Mt. Pyre for TM30, Shadow Ball, and taught it to Titan
-Climbed outside of Mt. Pyre to see Maxie steal the blue orb
-Received the other and was told to get it back
-Flew to Slateport, where Maxie mentioned going and saw him stealing the submarine
-Flew back to Lilycove and infiltrated their hideout (rather easily, because for some reason, every evil team in Pokémon just lets anyone enter their base)
-Was just a little too late to stop them from taking off AGAIN in the sub
-Surfed to Mossdeep and met up with Steven, who gave me HM08
-Fished up a Wailmer to become my Dive/Waterfall slave
-Took on Tate & her twin (lol I forgot the name) and spammed Surf with Titan while Mawile (cave slave) sat there crying (Fake Tears lol)
-Got lucky with Titan's great Sp. Defense stat and won their badge
-Set sail for the Underwater Cavern or whatever it's called

More on this later.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
Years
carrying on,
so now i am at slatport and team plasma is at the musiam,
first im going to go to the boat place and talkto a bold man,
then i decided to go to the musiam and team plasma wasent there,
i went inside and gave some tip to enter there was this guy that i talked too and gave me a tm then i went up and found this guy i talked to him then two team plasma guys came in,
I defeted them both then team plasmas leader cam in he said stuff and left with the other two.
now i carry on the next rout north from slateport,
training bellosom
now i am going north and fighting a trainer,
defeted her not im heading left for some more trainers.
ok defeted trainers bellosom:Bella: LV.26 mew:HM 1:LV.11
doing extra cut thing obtained gaurd.spec,
got in trick guys house
doing chalange.......................
finished chalange got rarecandy as prize,
used rare cand on bellosom:Bella: now LV.27
going east defeted trainer and going to fight rival.
DEFETED RIVAL BUT HAD TROUBLE WITH COMBUSKEN!!!!!
anyway carrying on, Defeted trainers along the way bellosom:Bella: turned LV.28
on the way to gym but first got mach bike.
then defeted wally well i think thats his name and got in the gym ,
i defeted all the gymtrainers and is now at leader wattson,
woohooooo! defeted watson!!!!!(but is was realy anoying)
anyway lets get rocksmash,
on my waywest defeted all trainers did cut thing,

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
So it's all done in Hoenn.

-Entered the Undersea Cavern thingy
-Tore Maxie's Pokémon to shreds
-Watched Groudon warp away
-Experienced "extreme" sunlight (so it's a little hot, boo hoo)
-Went to Sootopolis
-Entered the Cave of Origin
-Defeated Groudon for experience (talk about anti-climactic)
-Zapped everything in sight in the Sootopolis Gym
-Beat down Wallace with ease to get his badge
-Surfed to Pacifidlog Town to battle the trainers for experience
-Also surfed to Slateport from Pacifidlog for more training
-Traveled to Ever Grande City
-Went through Victory Road with no stops
-Destroyed Wally
-On to the Elite Four!
-Sidney: Pain in ass. Stupid grass types are annoying. Powered through with Surf, Thunderbolt, and Earthquake.
-Phoebe: SPAMMING SHADOW BALL
-Glacia: SPAMMING THUNDERBOLT
-Drake: Earthquaked Shelgon, then SURF SPAM on Flygons and THUNDERBOLT SPAM on Altaria and Salamence
-Steven: Skarmory = Thunderbolt, Claydol/Armaldo = Surf, Aggron/Metagross = Earthquake, Cradily = I STILL HATE GRASS TYPES, so Surf & Earthquake
-Became Champion of Hoenn region; look out Sinnoh, you're next

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2011
I'll do the solo challenge, I'm going to use my pokémon as Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur and the game I'm doing it in is Red.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
Alright, quick update on my challenge before I forget about it completely (school starts back up tomorrow). I defeated the rest of the Rockets and flew back to Mahogany to take the trip to Blackthorn. I had fun attempting to figure out the Ice Path once more and emerged from the cave on the Blackthorn side. I then decided to go tackle the Blackthorn gym. Okay, seriously, I hate Gyrados. And smokescreen. ANYWAY, I beat up Clair eventually, only having to use one max potion during the battle. Of course, she's too full of pride, so now I have to go tackle the Dragon's Den. And this is where I left off.
160.png

Champ, Level 57
Hardy @ Shell Bell
Ice Fang, Thrash, Waterfall, Crunch
191/150/137/108/108/127

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Started the Platinum leg of the USC a few hours ago and here's my progress so far:

-Did the whole intro thing and hacked in a Nidoran-Whatever-the-male-sign-is
-Went through all the boring parts of the beginning of the game, beat rival, blah blah
-Received PokéDex and headed to Jubilife
-Got the Pokétch thing
-Beat rival again and headed to Oreburg
-Titan evolved into Nidorino
-Arrived there and went to the mine
-Met Roark
-Went to Gym and battled Roark; wasn't too tough thanks to Double Kick
-Traveled back to Jubilife and saved the Prof. from two Team Galactic freaks
-Journeyed north to Floaroma, then east to the Valley Windworks
-Beat the dude there, then beat his friends in the meadow
-Entered the Windworks and took out Mars, again thanks to Double Kick
-Went through the Eterna Forest
-Arrived in Eterna City and immediately entered the Gym
-Total PWNage thanks to Peck
-Entered the Galactic building and took down Jupiter
-Got a bike
-Got stuff from Dawn
-Saved at the entrance to Mt. Coronet

Now to catch a billion Cleffas to try to get a Moon Stone. Ugh.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
Quick update: passed the Elder's test, got the Rising Badge, used the Masterball Elm just gave me on Ho-oh, beat up a few trainers I had missed, headed east into Kanto, saved at entrance of Victory Road. Champ is now at level 62! That's ridiculous! He was at level 63 when I played through my Silver version ten years ago, and that was, essentially, a solo run because little kids can be dumb sometimes. I'm so proud of my little Champ. (:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Just get the Thief TM 46 from Eterna and use that. I'm pretty sure Nidorino can learn it and would make finding a Moon Stone (or any wild-hold item) a lot easier.

Huh. I forgot about that method. But it's too late now, I got it the other way. It wasn't that hard actually, I only had to catch three before I found one. Apparently a 5% chance is the same as a 33% chance. XP

Anyways.
-Went through Mt. Coronet and got the Moons Stone
-Arrived in Hearthome City
-Went to Contest Dome and found Fantina
-Entered her Gym
-Ended up teaching Titan Thief because he only had two moves that could affect Ghost types, and one of them was a Poison type move (talk about irony)
-Beat Fantina, though it took a little while due to FREAKIN' CONFUSE RAY and got her badge
-Beat my rival
-Went to Solaceon Town and got HM05 in the ruins
-Traveled all the way to Veilstone and met with Dawn
-Titan learned Poison Jab, then I evolved him, at which time he learned Earth Power
-Entered Maylene's Gym and took her down with Peck and Earth Power, getting her badge
-Beat up the two Galactic freaks and got HM02
-Ran down to Pastoria
-Had a little fun with the Croagunk sign (Did anyone else have a Croagunk walk up and look at you the first time you stepped behind the sign? I did and I can't figure out if it's supposed to happen.)
-Battled and destroyed my rival again
-Taught Titan Shock Wave and spammed through the Gym
-Zapped Wake into a crisp to get his badge
-Witnessed Galactic bomb explosion
-Chased a Galactic freak and kicked his ass
-Got the Secretpotion from Cynthia
-Is currently returning to Hearthome City the long way for more exp.

That's all for now.

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Moar updates!

-Flew to Solaceon
-Got rid of the Psyducks
-Traveled to Celestic
-Beat the crap out of Cyrus
-Got HM03
-Taught it to Titan
-Flew to Jubilife and surfed to Canalave
-Beat my rival very easily
-Sailed to Iron Island and got HM04
-Went through the Iron Island caves and teamed up with Riley and his beastly Lucario and proceeded to uber-pwn everything in sight
-Got an egg
-Returned to Canalave and took on Byron's Gym
-Destroyed him with Surf + Earth Power to get his badge
-Entered the library
-Experienced the earthquake
-LOLed at the librarian after the quake
-Flew to Lake Valor
-Took out Saturn
-Flew to Lake Verity
-Defeated Mars
-Flew to Eterna City
-Journeyed all the way up north to Snowpoint City
-Battled and easily beat Candice with Poison Jab, Surf, and Thunderbolt for her badge
-Got HM08
-Went to Lave Acuity
-Witnessed my rival lose to Jupiter
-Flew to Veilstone City
-About to take on the Galactic HQ

More on this will be posted either by the end of today or tomorrow.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2015
My first update on my Solo Challenge.

Started up named self Fooze and chose Piplup
Did everyting up to enterna city with piplup/prinplup only.
Caught a Bronzor in mount coronet and named it Belte.
Trained to 22.
Saved before Gardenia.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for USC #2.

Crystal Update #2.

Quick 'n' Dirty:

ultsolo2bugsy.png
ultsolo2gack1.png
ultsolo2whitney.png
ultsolo2gack2.png
ultsolo2morty.png

- Went from Violet City through Union Cave (caught a Geodude here) all the way to Ecruteak City (Freed the beasts, etc.). Bugsy was easy, as was Whitney (Miltank 2HKO) and Morty (OHKO all with Confusion).
- I'm on my way to Olivine City now.

Team Gerry:
Spr_2c_203.gif

Palin the Girafarig, ♂ - L34 @ Quick Claw
Moves: Confusion, Return, Agility, Headbutt
Spr_2c_158.gif

Totodile, ♂ - L7
Slave Moves: Cut, Surf
Spr_2c_163.gif

Hoothoot, ♂ - L4
Slave Moves: Flash
Spr_2c_074.gif

Geodude, ♀ - L6
Slave Moves: Rock Smash, Dig

Years
And the Lickitung/Lickilicky Ultimate Solo Challenge is COMPLETE!!!!

Now, unfortunately I have to do another post after this one before posting the various screenshots, so give me a couple of minutes and they shall be posted!

EDIT: Um, I've done 15 posts now, but how do I actually put the images in? They are in the form of .png files on my computer, how do I add them? So close yet so far....

Last edited:
Years
Mamoswineftw, you will have to create an account on an image sharing website. I recommend photobucket. Then you copy the url of the image in [img ] and [/ img] (without the spaces)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back