• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Thanks for the advice lx_theo!
I edited the lab so it wouldn't look "bad".
The town actually has enough tiles so that the player can't see the black.
I used 1x not 2x while taking the screenshot that's why.
Here's a new map:
Spoiler:
Too square for my liking but if square is what you were going for then good job other wise try to make the route look more nature made

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016
Yup, the grass patches look way too rectangular. At least add/remove bits like you did with the one in the middle left. The patch in the lower right is a bit big, too; maybe move the trees closer in and shrink the tall grass patch?

Also, the short grass looks a little barren. Try adding some more paths or flowers.

Otherwise, it's a great map; very D/P-ish in style.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
Just thought I'd show my players' home on my Pokemon Emerald remake:
*Note: Character is a place holder, also please do not try to steal my sprites, they're 100% made by me.*
capture000-1.jpg

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years

That map look awesome! Are you using that in your game?
Here's two of my map:
Copper Town:

Route 2:

Copper town looks good. pretty standard looking. could mix it up with a different house style (as in you have 3 of the same houses next to each other).

route 2 is just a giant patch of grass with a few ledges at the sides, not really that good. right now, a player can just walk straight to get past the map. thats not good design. try put some trees or ledges in the middle of the map. give the route a distinct shape.

Pallet Town revamped for my game:
nice, looks pretty good, the only advice i give is possibly move down oak's lab a little bit, seems to be too close to gary/blue's house.

FlipelyFlip

Arr teh Pirate
Years
heyey,

@mineox100:
like DarkDoom3000 said, the Copper Town looks very standard, and need some different house stylings. All in one but it's good to work with it and it's nice to see it in a game (:

But your Route 2 is also like DarkDoom3000 said, very hard. Think about, you have passed the half and your pokémon has only 3 HP left and no potion or oran bery or else in your bag. you can only pass with a lot of luck this route /:
Build in some ways the player can go to avoid wild pokémon battles. You can place some grass-tiles in the way, but not like you did here on the screen ._.

@Xavier_Pokenation:
Looks great only thing I dislike is the standard laboratory of Prof. Oak. It looks a bit different from the tiles. all tiles are a bit grey and then there is this house from oak which is shining in some bright colors. Maybe you could replace it with Prof. Rowans house. But it won't be necessary.
What I like on your screen is the pokébar on the top of your screen *_*
Looks great!

@thread:
My first time to publish a screenie here on this forum.
I saw a lot of backgrounds you all used instead of the standards and I'm not realy talented in drawing and pixeling, so I used some premade stuff from RPG VX Ace q:

I think it looks good, but what you think about?

first one is in 480x320 resolution
and second one is same screen just in 240x160 resolution

I know it's everything on german but I will also translate it into english (the text only, system is actually in english :D). So please don't kill me for this ._.

Tell me the truth. Does it look ugly or does it fit in some strange ways? oO
I don't know. I think it looks very good in some way^^"

~flipy

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I haven't been active at all here in a long long time. So I though of sharing this little screenshot with the good people of PokeCommunity.
scre3nshot__by_pokemonbluechromedev-d4w0iho.png
Even though my thread here is closed, I'm still working on the game, and once I have sufficient amount to show, I shall open a new one.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Looks pretty cool. Can't wait for that game to be released.
Looks fairly similar to the screenshot of Pokemon black 2 and white 2 that was posted on serebii.net the other day. Here's what I mean:
hiougi3.png

Not exactly the same, just similar.

Last edited:

Clacla

karp karp karp
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I'm new to mapping and all, so...

Route 1
Spoiler:

A starting town(Caution: Large):
Spoiler:

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
I'm new to mapping and all, so...

Route 1
Spoiler:

A starting town(Caution: Large):
Spoiler:

No offence but it would look better if you didn't have that grid on it. Otherwise pretty promising.

A few screenshots from my game.

smalltownsivlle_by_rayquaza_dot-d4wbygt.png
- Smalltownsville (Starting town)

smalltownsiville_harbour_by_rayquaza_dot-d4wbyk5.png
- Smalltownsville Harbour

route_1_by_rayquaza_dot-d4wbypa.png
- Route 1

mortar_town_by_rayquaza_dot-d4wbyro.png
- Mortar Town

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016
I haven't been active at all here in a long long time. So I though of sharing this little screenshot with the good people of PokeCommunity.
Even though my thread here is closed, I'm still working on the game, and once I have sufficient amount to show, I shall open a new one.

The blurry background looks terrible. The BW2 screenshot pulls it off better; I want to be able to see into the background, not just be shown a blurry mess.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years

So, your game is 3D? Seriously dude, when are you gonna stick with a style? You're contantly changing it, you're never gonna finish the game at that rate. Unless you only want to have fun developing a game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back