• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Wow. It's really awesome.
The graphics are smooth and nice. Great job!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Really nice graphics and overall interfaces(vector based graphics?). Very consistent throughout each feature rather then each one being tacked on. Good job.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Seriously, that last update has made me want to post. I have to say, this is one of, if not the best RMXP game I've encountered. Seriously, it keeps me inspired to ROM hack XD. When, I need inspiration I always pop here, keep it up!

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Excellent job! I like the detail of those HP boxes on the battle pictures, do they change on every environment?(well, I'm sure they do)
I wanted to do a graphics-based clock instead of just numbers but I have no idea how to do it, lol.

And about your pokégear application... the "Trainer Stats" app is to see your trainer info?(obviously) like using the Tainer Card? If so, why did you put the trainer card icon on the menu?(this question applies only if your answer is YES). I'm asking because I was thinking about including an app to see your trainer card from the pokégear.

And the last thing... I was considering to include a curious feature on my game that might work cool for you: have you seen on Heart Gold that the stats of a pokémon are higlighted? Sometimes you see, lets say an example... An AMPHAROS has Attack highlighted on red and Speed highlighted on blue, which means its nature is Brave. You can see natures' effect by simply watching your pokémon stats: Red means increase and blue means decrease. So you wont be like "Crap! I don't know what effects do the 'Gentle' nature has!!". It was just a SUGGESTION.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
The updates are great. Excellent!
This is and will be an inspiration for the game develoers. Keep the good work.

The maps are great by the way.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
I am just amazed...Incredible job with this game Luka! I am...wow, speechless! This makes my game look like doggy doo-doo -_-

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
the last update looks great.
The only thing i dislike is the color of the grass at the botom screen. It just to 'flashy'.
You don't need to change it, its just my oppinion.

But overal, this looks great. Keep up the good work

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Hey Luka, sorry about asking if there was a beta, and zurr the rules only say to not ask if you can be a beta tester. Luka your doing a great job, keep up the good work, rmxp is a difficult program no matter how much experience you have and i applaud you for all of the greatness that seems to be flowing from your screenshots. Blue chrome will hands down be the best pokemon game to ever be released. i've been saying to whoever will listen for years now that they should focus on the trainer more as well as the pokemon, and have an adventure that has ALL the regions. The hygiene and hunger and energy has got to be the coolest thing i've seen anyone come up with, and i'm sure nintendo will be kicking themselves for not thinking of it first! on a more serious note, i've just read through all of the posts (i hadn't before i posted about the beta) and i like the capping at 200, but how will the experience table be affected from the new capping? for example it takes roughly between 800,000 to 1,000,000+ exp to get to lvl 100. so in theory if a normal person would take and grind/train/battle all the trainers wilds etc. it would take like 9-10 million experience per pokemon to get to lvl 200... let me know your thoughts... thanks.

The thing about extra level capping is that after lv 100, the experience doesn't follow the experience table but instead uses a formula Poccil made. Now I haven't made any adjustments to it and I don't plan on making any because it works fine. There are 4 regions to play through and trainers will have Pokemon that will be above lv.100, so it won't be extremely difficult to raise your Pokemon's level to the maximum.

On topic,(Sheesh, i say that a lot) I meant that like you can change the border of the text boxes in the 3rd and 4th gen games, i wanted to see the color change. I actually put the word GAME instead of IDEA in the last sentence.

All in all, the game is looking awesome.

That's like one of the basic things in this game. Sure...text and speech boxes will be changeable. I just use one type for my beta testing that's why there is only one type in my screenshots.

Wow. It's really awesome.
The graphics are smooth and nice. Great job!
Inconceivable! Lol, anyway, it looks INCREDIBLE! Nice job!
I am just amazed...Incredible job with this game Luka! I am...wow, speechless! This makes my game look like doggy doo-doo -_-
Wow! Very nice! :D This looks very promising!

Thanks! It means alot. I've put alot of effort into this project.

Seriously, that last update has made me want to post. I have to say, this is one of, if not the best RMXP game I've encountered. Seriously, it keeps me inspired to ROM hack XD. When, I need inspiration I always pop here, keep it up!
The updates are great. Excellent!
This is and will be an inspiration for the game develoers. Keep the good work.

The maps are great by the way.

I'm glad this game has/or will inspire people. I wanted to show others what can be done. Also, I don't think that using the dual screen is a bad idea. Anyway, I will be sticking to it for as long as I don't come up with something I like better.

Really nice graphics and overall interfaces(vector based graphics?). Very consistent throughout each feature rather then each one being tacked on. Good job.

Thank you. Vector Based? I'm not sure that I understand what you mean there. And I've been trying to keep the overall look consistent, while at the same time, be a bit unique to each individual system.

the last update looks great.
The only thing i dislike is the color of the grass at the botom screen. It just to 'flashy'.
You don't need to change it, its just my oppinion.

But overal, this looks great. Keep up the good work

Yea...you're probably right about the bottom grass. I was concerned about it too, since it doesn't match the one in the battle boxes. That should be an easy fix.

Excellent job! I like the detail of those HP boxes on the battle pictures, do they change on every environment?(well, I'm sure they do)
I wanted to do a graphics-based clock instead of just numbers but I have no idea how to do it, lol.

Well the overall battle interface (including HP boxes) will change according to the terrains (such as Grass, Cave, Water etc.), and special battles (like gym leaders and elite 4). What I've also added is that the interface changes with the legendary Pokemon (eg. Lugia will have a silvery one and Ho-oh will have a golden one).

And about your pokégear application... the "Trainer Stats" app is to see your trainer info?(obviously) like using the Tainer Card? If so, why did you put the trainer card icon on the menu?(this question applies only if your answer is YES). I'm asking because I was thinking about including an app to see your trainer card from the pokégear.

The trainer stats won't be like the trainer card. The trainer card has your details and badges, while the trainer stats Pokegear page shows details such as your Popularity points, and ranking.

And the last thing... I was considering to include a curious feature on my game that might work cool for you: have you seen on Heart Gold that the stats of a pokémon are higlighted? Sometimes you see, lets say an example... An AMPHAROS has Attack highlighted on red and Speed highlighted on blue, which means its nature is Brave. You can see natures' effect by simply watching your pokémon stats: Red means increase and blue means decrease. So you wont be like "Crap! I don't know what effects do the 'Gentle' nature has!!". It was just a SUGGESTION.

I acctually never noticed that feature. But I don't think I'll be putting that in. It's just that I don't find it that significant. Maybe later, but not my big priority.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
OH sorry, vector based graphics are graphics that are done with points (rather then bit map, which works out each pixel).
For example, photoshop would mainly use bitmap images, while Illustrator would use vector based images.
The question really was asking what did you make the images in.
They have a very clean look that I guessed were vector based images.
Not too important to know, I was just curious lol.
As I said, very nice.

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
I just noticed something.
Aerial ace don't got any PP, but i think you've already seen that. Just telling.

H-King

Elite Four Will Fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Home
  • Seen Nov 4, 2012
I like it, but the radio thing is a bit old. Why don't you have a TV?

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2009
sweet thingy game dude. looks thight in the his house.... i like the starting screen. graphics look 2 good 2 be real. looks like fun...peace out homie

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I just noticed something.
Aerial ace don't got any PP, but i think you've already seen that. Just telling.

I seriously didn't notice that :D The problem was that I accidentally set the "x" value of the last PP to 2252 instead of 252 :D

OH sorry, vector based graphics are graphics that are done with points (rather then bit map, which works out each pixel).
For example, photoshop would mainly use bitmap images, while Illustrator would use vector based images.
The question really was asking what did you make the images in.
They have a very clean look that I guessed were vector based images.
Not too important to know, I was just curious lol.
As I said, very nice.

Oh, right then. Yes the graphics are vector based, and I'm using Adobe Fireworks to make and style them.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Cool cool cool! This game makes me excited and also makes me want to continue with mine so then I can compite with you!(inside my mind of course) You could pwn Nintendo with this work.

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
This looks like it will be an incredible amount of fun to play. Can't wait until some kind of release (even though I know that will take a long time). Otherwise, keep up the excellent work!

Time Shift Dialga

Son of a Pachizel!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 1, 2011
Give me an 'A'
Give me a 'M'
Give me another 'A'

Ah! Screw it, this is taking ages!

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

This is certainly very different, please stick to this - it seems to have an even better potential than Pokemon Raptor (As much as I'm loving that!)!

Keep it up ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back