• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Origin

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
Well, finally you show something intresting. No offense, but you're really making very slow process, and you have such a long 'features' list I'm going to bet some cash half
of them will never get finished. I also agree with Mrchewy on everything posted. Other than that, I'm impressed. I like the dual screen! :)

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
When taking screenshots of your project, you can use the PrintScreen key, but please resize and cut out the excess.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
We all have to start somewhere, and he's probably in the process of scripting the bottom screen.

You can't expect anybody to get things perfect the first time around, not even Captain Arcane.

CollosalPokemon, if you are really trying to implement a second screen, then I wish you luck in your work.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
PyroYahtzee:

WRONG, this is a beta of the script, in which a friend is developing for me. Here is a video to prove he actually knows what he's doing:

This script was for his own SK, so he's in the process of converting it for poccil's SK.

InMooseWeTrust:

Thank you for some positive reinforcement, your right as the script is not 100% complete YET. I am hoping to receive it before the weekend's end to prove that Origin will be the 1st working dual screen RMXP game HERE.

Note: I understand there have been dual screen games here, but Origin is the 1st one made with RMXP.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
I am sorry I overreacted. I couldn't expect anyone to beleive something as far as dual screen on RMXP. As it is not done around here. For this I apologize. But there is proof that I will get the script and proof of it working (in the video). I am sorry for overreacting to your post.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Yes, its looks like your friend really knows what he was doing, but I ask myself, what's the point of a dual screen on a PC game...? It looks really odd to play at a screen where the height is a lot bigger than the screen width. Anyways, thats still something new here ;p.

Years
Dual screen feature is great! Nice update.
Hmm.. BTW, the dual screen feature would be better if we can use mouse on the second screen (like NDS).
Keep up the good work!

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2011
would you be able to put this on a nintendo DS simcard and play it with the dual screens? like a ROM file or something?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I couldn't expect anyone to beleive something as far as dual screen on RMXP. As it is not done around here.
You did kinda overreact; I don't see why people wouldn't believe it (Pokémon HydroBlue, although made in Game Maker, had a working dual screen with mouse functions). I was thinking about using dual screen in Amethyst myself, too; I'll probably leave it for now, though. It's nice to see others being creative with the scripts, though.
would you be able to put this on a nintendo DS simcard and play it with the dual screens? like a ROM file or something?
Unfortunately, no. I don't think the DS is powerful enough to run RGSS, anyway...

EDIT: As for the mouse feature, here's some tips. There is a Mouse module in the PokemonAnimEditor section; the mouse position is obtained by using Mouse::getMousePos.
If the cursor is outside the game window, it will return nil. Otherwise, it will return an array consisting of the x and y values of the mouse (relative to the window; if the game is running at half-size, the x and y are multiplied by 2 to keep the returned values within the same range).
A mouse click can be detected using Input.triggerex?(0x01); 0x01 is the hex value for the left mouse button. Input.releaseex?, Input.pressex? and Input.repeatex? work the same way. The right mouse button is 0x02, if you need to use that.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
You did kinda overreact; I don't see why people wouldn't believe it (Pokémon HydroBlue, although made in Game Maker, had a working dual screen with mouse functions). I was thinking about using dual screen in Amethyst myself, too; I'll probably leave it for now, though. It's nice to see others being creative with the scripts, though.

Unfortunately, no. I don't think the DS is powerful enough to run RGSS, anyway...

EDIT: As for the mouse feature, here's some tips. There is a Mouse module in the PokemonAnimEditor section; the mouse position is obtained by using Mouse::getMousePos.
If the cursor is outside the game window, it will return nil. Otherwise, it will return an array consisting of the x and y values of the mouse (relative to the window; if the game is running at half-size, the x and y are multiplied by 2 to keep the returned values within the same range).
A mouse click can be detected using Input.triggerex?(0x01); 0x01 is the hex value for the left mouse button. Input.releaseex?, Input.pressex? and Input.repeatex? work the same way. The right mouse button is 0x02, if you need to use that.
Ah, I see now, thank you Wichu!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Here are some Pokemon Variants that CollosalPokemon might want to use in Pokemon Origin.
Gyrados Variants

The Red Gyrados is found is a special species of Gyrados found near the borders of the Orange Islands. Due to the intense heat of the Orange Islands, the Red Gyrados has to change its skin into a reddish color to protect it from the heat.
130svr7.png

The Golden Gyrados is a very rare species of Gyrados. It is only found around the Orange Islands and is very hard to catch. The Golden Gyrados glows brightly in the ocean and you can only catch it at some time of the day. There are only 3 of them to catch, which classify it as "Super Rare" and you can show off to your friends if you ever catch one!
130sts1.png

The Rainbow Ninetales is a mythical maybe legendary Pokemon that lived hundreds of years ago. Theres only one of this Pokemon in the game.
500pz6.png

I'll be adding more variants later on!

Last edited:

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
Years
Wow, this looks really amazing! I'm sorry, but I don't know anything about pixels or creating hacks or games, so I can't offer any constructive critism for you, but if there's ever anything storywise that you might be confused about I would love to help. Sorry if I seem a bit forward but I enjoy giving out tips or opinions that can help someone grow in what they enjoy doing. I've already enjoyed looking at this storyline and the offered sprites that I'm sure to see in the future game.

I do have a question. When this is released, would we be able to play it with something like VisualBoy or something else?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Wow, this looks really amazing! I'm sorry, but I don't know anything about pixels or creating hacks or games, so I can't offer any constructive critism for you, but if there's ever anything storywise that you might be confused about I would love to help. Sorry if I seem a bit forward but I enjoy giving out tips or opinions that can help someone grow in what they enjoy doing. I've already enjoyed looking at this storyline and the offered sprites that I'm sure to see in the future game.

I do have a question. When this is released, would we be able to play it with something like VisualBoy or something else?
Thank you for your support :)
Its going to take a very long time to complete this game and theres no actually deadline.
When we finish the game, we'll post it up for you to download. You play the game using RGSS Player, which you is included with the download. And I'm not so sure if this game is playable on Visual Boy Advance.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
No, it NOT PLAYABLE ON VBA. Geez, no one reads the top of the thread anymore.

EDIT:

My thoughts on these variants:

Red Gyarados - Already in all pokemon games; its just a shiny one. No need for it to be a variant.
Golden Gyarados - It looks like too much like a carbon copy of a shiny magicarp. It won't be used.
Rainbow Ninetails - Its fine.

Last edited:
Back