• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sacred Wings Clan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Forever ill forever stab you if I don't get a falkner/winona sprite. Also I am thinking about playing on pokemon showdown.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Give me a url and sure Kitty ;3 Stay @ PO and try Showdown, yeah!

Added the other two!

Oh yeah, actually, I just remembered that Drakow and I battled twice yesterday (steel mono-type and flying mono-type versus his dark mono-type), posting both and updating the first as a draw since Drakow forfeited and the second as a win for Drakow!

...although the first legitimately should've been my win.

OKAY NOW EVERYBODY GO BATTLE. ^____^

Years
That first battle is definitely a win for you ¬__________¬

Also my sprite;

giovanni_bw_sprite_by_flamejow-d418m6t.png

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I wish our server was up so we could all like... battle, lol. :(

Either way I had an idea while I was rating a team, and I'm pretty sure none of you are active enough/intend to go ahead with the tournament idea or idk? We'll see. ;x BUT YEAH. As I was saying, how about a clan build a team thing? We all contribute something to it, I start off w/ one Pokemon, then ya'll add attacks, moves, and so on, then we can all ladder w/ it at Smogon or whatever! :3 SO yes or no?

Also added that sprite etc.

Years
I wish our server was up so we could all like... battle, lol. :(

Either way I had an idea while I was rating a team, and I'm pretty sure none of you are active enough/intend to go ahead with the tournament idea or idk? We'll see. ;x BUT YEAH. As I was saying, how about a clan build a team thing? We all contribute something to it, I start off w/ one Pokemon, then ya'll add attacks, moves, and so on, then we can all ladder w/ it at Smogon or whatever! :3 SO yes or no?

Also added that sprite etc.

That concept won't work out too well in my opinion. As you add other Pokemon to the team, it will be necessary to revisit the old Pokemon and re-evaluate them. You can't just build one Pokemon at a time individually and slap them together in a team. Like, the basic concept of the team or strategy needs to be in your mind before you start building. Otherwise you'll just end up with a bunch of Pokemon that won't be able to work to their full potential together. It's kinda like if I asked you guys to help build my a YGO deck by adding your own stuff to my deck. Then I go to play test it and I end up with like triple Judgment Dragon with no Lightsworn monsters in the graveyard, cause we didn't add any to the deck. What good does that do me?

droptriplejdanyway.png

IF ONLY I COULD SACK LIKE YOU DO.

I propose the following. Declare the basic strategy of the team from the get go and then we can each try to implement our ideas into the team, taking note that we will have to re-evaluate the team during the building process as new ideas are considered and such.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
...what. XD

OKAY, that was sorta what I meant but that makes a lot more sense. In terms of strategy... do we work out what playstyle we want at first or what? Or should we work that on votes or what?

I'm letting you take initiative here, or at least get us started since I figure you'll be better to start it off than me :3

Years
But that involves me putting in more effort. Ah well, guess it can't be helped. Play style should also be determined from the get go. As requested I'll lead things off then. I didn't want to go with this team idea because it's one of the toughest to build effectively but maybe we as a clan can get it to work. I have tried to build this team by myself but success has eluded my grasp. Let's see what we can accomplish together then. Alright so the team I have in mind is one that focuses on abusing the effects of the move Gravity. For those who do not know, Gravity has three effects which I will outline here.

-Evasion is decreased by 40% for all Pokemon in play. That means any attack which has an accuracy of at least 60% will now have 100% and hit without fail.

-Moves such as Fly, Bounce, Magnet Rise and Hi Jump Kick cannot be used while Gravity is in effect.

-All Pokemon become vulnerable to Ground type attacks as well as Spikes and Toxic Spikes.

Full details can be found here.

The idea of a Gravity team is to abuse these effects as much as possible. So having attacking Pokemon with high powered, low accuracy moves is a good idea. Also having a trap layer and spinner is a good plan of action too. And finally a Pokemon to fire off powerful Earthquakes is something to look into.

I'll lead off the team with this;

Starmie @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder / Rapid Spin / Recover
- Blizzard / Rapid Spin / Recover
- Gravity / Rapid Spin / Recover

Starmie is solid in a Gravity team. It can use Rapid Spin to aid the team and it can fire off powerful attacks under Gravity too. A versatile Pokemon which is pretty much a must have for this team as far as I am concerned.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ooh I never knew what it did but that actually sounds awesome, I thought Gravity did... nothing that good actually. ;x

Uhhh right now the first attack I can think of that'd be amazing to be abused on a certain Pokemon w/o weather that isn't ground weak is Hurricane - using mixed Nite maybe? OR, go with ground weak (aka Rotom-W) but have a revenge killer to Landorus aka the main OU EQ abuser, so... banded mamo? Just throwing out ideas rn tbh. OR a specially based Virizion @ Focus Blast/Giga Drain/Calm Mind/HP Ice. Damnn, with 100% accuracy would be awesome.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
HEY GUYS WAKE UP. I'm going to vm you all this by the way ALSO ANTI SAID I COULD DOUBLE POST SO DON'T REPORT ME.

...either waaaay, clan war is coming soon, so get ready!!! BE EXCITED.

Years
The fight is on!

Also this needs to be our new clan theme song. Update the OP Forever!

SADDLE UP IF YOU THINK YOU CAN RIDE IN THIS RODEO!!!

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
But that involves me putting in more effort. Ah well, guess it can't be helped. Play style should also be determined from the get go. As requested I'll lead things off then. I didn't want to go with this team idea because it's one of the toughest to build effectively but maybe we as a clan can get it to work. I have tried to build this team by myself but success has eluded my grasp. Let's see what we can accomplish together then. Alright so the team I have in mind is one that focuses on abusing the effects of the move Gravity. For those who do not know, Gravity has three effects which I will outline here.

-Evasion is decreased by 40% for all Pokemon in play. That means any attack which has an accuracy of at least 60% will now have 100% and hit without fail.

-Moves such as Fly, Bounce, Magnet Rise and Hi Jump Kick cannot be used while Gravity is in effect.

-All Pokemon become vulnerable to Ground type attacks as well as Spikes and Toxic Spikes.

Full details can be found here.

The idea of a Gravity team is to abuse these effects as much as possible. So having attacking Pokemon with high powered, low accuracy moves is a good idea. Also having a trap layer and spinner is a good plan of action too. And finally a Pokemon to fire off powerful Earthquakes is something to look into.

I'll lead off the team with this;

Starmie @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder / Rapid Spin / Recover
- Blizzard / Rapid Spin / Recover
- Gravity / Rapid Spin / Recover

Starmie is solid in a Gravity team. It can use Rapid Spin to aid the team and it can fire off powerful attacks under Gravity too. A versatile Pokemon which is pretty much a must have for this team as far as I am concerned.

Porygon 2 Gravity set
Landorus Choice Scarf
Starmie Gravity set (Hydro pump/Thunder/Rapid Spin/ Gravity)
Celebi (Ground resist) Physically defensive gravity,

Decide 2 more pokemons. Preferably something sr weak.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
HEY GUYS WAKE UP. I'm going to vm you all this by the way ALSO ANTI SAID I COULD DOUBLE POST SO DON'T REPORT ME.

...either waaaay, clan war is coming soon, so get ready!!! BE EXCITED.
Sorry for not being active!!!!
You know TC stuff and stuff.

When is the clan war?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well date isnt set yet but it will be soon. We are gunna need out five best so there will be tryouts for the last two spots - because I know Drakow and Kitty's skills, so I think we will need them. As leader I have to participate I think ;x

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Lurking here ;)

But Leader don't have to participate. What I used to do was just send out the clans best five available battlers. If I was one of them, I'd join in the fray. If I wasn't, I'd let my members take care of things. Why hurt the clan, right? :P

Actually, that sounded bad.. I'm not saying you're a bad battler, Nica haha.. Iunno, do you get the GIST of what I meant? hahaha

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't mind trying out, just tell me where and when the battles are, and I'll participate.

Okay so that's you/dragon/mia/kitty/drakow/me/smurf that's interested so far? Considering the rules say 5, we're going to have to wait to see if the others get back to me and just work out who's best through battling each other I guess. Judging on how I know the people...

Probably mia vs dragon, smurf vs you, drakow vs kitty and mia/dragon vs smurf/you aka whoever loses, and THEN the winner of the second match between m/d vs s/you faces me and that decides who gets in...?

idk if that even makes sense. ;x

Lurking here ;)

But Leader don't have to participate. What I used to do was just send out the clans best five available battlers. If I was one of them, I'd join in the fray. If I wasn't, I'd let my members take care of things. Why hurt the clan, right? :P

Actually, that sounded bad.. I'm not saying you're a bad battler, Nica haha.. Iunno, do you get the GIST of what I meant? hahaha

Yeah I do, I'll add myself to the tryouts list I guess! ...tryouts in my mind.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
clan wars make me scared because i know i'll lose straight away. /gosh

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Not necessarily! Does that mean you're interested @ trying out though dragonomega?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Kay since you & vapor are willing, face-off against each other to win a spot in the war. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back